• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go G5 I agree, both FL schools UH (could be BYU as a football only I guess too) and Cincy. Instant rivalries all over hot football recruiting areas with a move like that.
What other option is there? ACC just extended their GOR, nobody's leaving the SEC or B1G, and I doubt anyone would leave the PAC either.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other option is there? ACC just extended their GOR, nobody's leaving the SEC or B1G, and I doubt anyone would leave the PAC either.

No, no, Texas believes they can entice Ohio State, Bama, Florida State and Southern Cal to come join them, and once the Trojans are in, Notre Dame is sure to follow

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, Texas believes they can entice Ohio State, Bama, Florida State and Southern Cal to come join them, and once the Trojans are in, Notre Dame is sure to follow
I just thought that was kind of funny..."Well, if we end up going the Group of 5 route..."

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually Texas hasn't said a word on this subject, they've seemed to have taken a back seat on this one.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While were bullshitting...

Arkansas.

Why not?

Rename. Rebrand. "The New" Southwest Conference

LHN morphs into SWC Network. Give the SEC Network some real competition. Make lots of money and spread it around evenly and bolster all 14 programs so they can get big enough to beat SEC both on the field and at the bank.

Go get the pigs and Houston plus two more. Get them to "come back home" to the new SWC.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought that was kind of funny..."Well, if we end up going the Group of 5 route..."

Yeah, I hear ya.

Anybody halfway decent has already been snapped up. Big Xii really missed the boat on Louisville a couple seasons ago. Cincinnati is the least-fragrant turd out there, but they're at least on par with Kansas, TTech, Iowa State, and - unfortunately, again - Baylor.

Every P5 league has their shitstains. Just go ahead, hold your breath, and hand out four invites. Or don't; One True Champion FTW

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkansas.

Why not?

LHN morphs into SWC Network. Give the SEC Network some real competition. Make lots of money and spread it around evenly and bolster all 14 programs so they can get big enough to beat SEC both on the field and at the bank.

Go get the pigs and Houston plus two more. Get them to "come back home" to the new SWC.
If they could get you guys on board with that as well, I could see it working. I think you'd need more than just Arkansas to solidify the conference, though.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkansas.

Why not?

Btw. Watched the burning desire documentary. That shit had me in tears

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get you guys on board with that as well, I could see it working. I think you'd need more than just Arkansas to solidify the conference, though.
go get the other SWC teams...SMU and Rice...Were aight for now

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkansas.

Why not?

Probably not, for the simple reason that I can't fathom why any team would want to leave the $EC...but maybe they'd think they would be more competitive in a re-formed SWC. Re-open those Texas recruiting lines? Don't rightly know if they still recruit heavy there or not.

I'd be shocked, but then I guess it would wear off pretty quickly. Nothing should surprise us anymore in the world of collegiate athletics.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, for the simple reason that I can't fathom why any team would want to leave the $EC...but maybe they'd think they would be more competitive in a re-formed SWC. Re-open those Texas recruiting lines? Don't rightly know if they still recruit heavy there or not.

I'd be shocked, but then I guess it would wear off pretty quickly. Nothing should surprise us anymore in the world of collegiate athletics.
They try to recruit here. It's why they pitched a fit about the annual game not being in Jerry world for the next ten years. There really isn't s point to a neutral field conference game. Home and home makes more sence but the pigs and jerrys lawyers won't let it

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant Idear:

The Xii should go after every shittiest team in every P5 league, and this is how they should sell it:

"Quit trying to run with the big dogs...come to the Big 12, and BE the big dog!"

Invites forthcoming to Purdue, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, and Arizona. Good academics (for the most part), increased geo-footprint, without teams being too spread out. All of those teams would be competing for division titles in year 1.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I could think of is Colorado. Who else would want back in? Mizzouri and A&M seem to be doing well in the SEC. But maybe one wants back? Maybe Nebraska wants back in because they were placed in the terrible division by themselves and their only rival is Northwestern?
Snyder said that we should bring Nebraska back awhile back, maybe he spoke with someone there that was interested :noidea:. On the surface I don't give it much credence but.. Who knows

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkansas.

Why not?

Or, a SWC/SEC merger. SEC gives us 3 teams, we give them WV. LHN becomes SWC network, SWC vs SEC in Cotton Bowl, Sugar Bowl, basketball challenge, etc. We'll take Mizzou, Arkansas, and Vandy since I know a&m would never come back.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some articles that indicated that the Arizona schools might be interested by I think the PAC has a GOR too so... Not sure how realistic that would be.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read some articles that indicated that the Arizona schools might be interested by I think the PAC has a GOR too so... Not sure how realistic that would be.

Yeah I'm sure they are, the Pac network has been a disaster.