• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope NFL rules state clearly that the compensation for signing an offer sheet under the non-exclusive tag will be two first-round draft picks. The first one in the current year and the next one the following year. If Washington put the non-exclusive tag on Payne and Chicago jumps (stop me from laughing but you never know) the Commanders would have the top pick in this draft and their first next year. "Doable" but highly unlikely!

Here's the rule in summation:

"The non-exclusive tag allows a player to negotiate with other NFL teams when the free agent signing period begins on March 15, but if he signs an offer sheet with another club, his team has five days to match the offer. If the offer is not matched, his team will receive two first-round picks as compensation from the signing team."

well, that's not happening. lol

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope NFL rules state clearly that the compensation for signing an offer sheet under the non-exclusive tag will be two first-round draft picks. The first one in the current year and the next one the following year. If Washington put the non-exclusive tag on Payne and Chicago jumps (stop me from laughing but you never know) the Commanders would have the top pick in this draft and their first next year. "Doable" but highly unlikely!

Here's the rule in summation:

"The non-exclusive tag allows a player to negotiate with other NFL teams when the free agent signing period begins on March 15, but if he signs an offer sheet with another club, his team has five days to match the offer. If the offer is not matched, his team will receive two first-round picks as compensation from the signing team."
The draft picks can be negotiated

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the commanders franchise payne and are open to trading him, then they should expect something better in return than the third round comp pick they’ll get if they release him to free agency.

That much is common sense.
Completely agree... Unfortunately, Washington has a history that suggests a lack of "common sense." A couple of examples:

1. They kept Ryan Kerrigan well beyond his usefulness and the time that they could get the best value in a trade.
2. Kirk Cousins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know that for sure b/c you are not inside the building. EB has more power than a normal NfL OC. You dont know how that deal went down when RR hired EB. I don't know either. I am just reading what the media says.
wait you arent in the building either yet yourf VP is valid and duke is a dick ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuing that line of thinking, if the Bears trade down from 1,1, then they might bery well be interested in trading their new first round pick for Payne, depending on where it is in the draft.

That would also be “doable.” :D
the 1st scenarios isnt doable because the bears would never ever do that

the 2nd scenario is doable depending on how far down they go

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's chat a bit about @Chiller's point.

Unlikely as it may be, Daron Payne on the non-exclusive tag opens the market for others to actually bid for his services, correct? The cost of signing him to a contract proposal is two first-round draft picks. Washington, if Chicago as reported has targeted Payne this offseason, would then be in a position to get their first-rounder this year and next year. That makes it "doable" even though the odds against the Bears doing such a thing are enormous, improbable, beyond reasonableness, cray-cray, or whatever other characterization you'd choose to employ.
If Chicago did want Payne, I would imagine they trade back for maybe 2 later round 1 picks or a 1 & 2 and then make the trade and still give us a 1 this year and next year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 11 games of this past season, an NFL QB posted these exact numbers...

62.9 comp % 15 TD/7 INT 92.2 passer rating 996 rush yds 7 rush TD

Here are your choices: (Good luck!)

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Brock Purdy
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Justin Fields
5. Geno Smith
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Jared Goff
The obvious answer for those who continue to insist that he is a poor thrower of the ball is #4 Justin Fields RB Chicago Bears! :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this the case, then the commanders should absolutely tag him with the non-exclusive franchise tag and see if anybody bites.

I like Payne a lot, but two additional #1’s could do wonders.
They should have done this with Kerrigan but their timing was way off and they probably wouldn't have gotten any takers, But it seemed a no-brainer at the time with Cousins who had a track record of sustained adequacy, which could have netted them an excellent return for his services. Oh well!
It would not surprise me if Payne became Kirk 2.0!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait you arent in the building either yet yourf VP is valid and duke is a dick ?

when did i say duke point wasn't valid? Im just reading the media links. .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago did want Payne, I would imagine they trade back for maybe 2 later round 1 picks or a 1 & 2 and then make the trade and still give us a 1 this year and next year
There have been many reports on them specifically targeting Payne... Good points on possible moves to get him by trading down. :tea:

Bears Linked to Former First-Round Rusher Daron Payne

Bears Free Agent Focus: Daron Payne | ChicagoBearsHQ

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did i say duke point wasn't valid? Im just reading the media links. .
Now you are contradicting yourself. You do this often and this is what I am talking about. You get overly excited about something and then finally calm down and back track.

You claimed in post 141 and post 143 that:

141: Looks like EB is calling the shots on offense coaches and players.

143: I have been saying it all along. EB has the keys to the offense. It depends on if these changes make him win.

Post 176 says: i said i had no idea how the deal went down
And finally, post 178 says: when did i say duke point wasn't valid? Im just reading the media links.

Are you reading media links OR have you literally said all along that EB will have FULL and TOTAL control of the offense?

So here is the timeline:

1. You claim that if EB is hired, he will have control of the offense.
2. EB is hired
3. You claim you knew along that EB would "have the keys" to the offense.
4. You then claim that EB will "call the shots" with offensive players.
5. Other posters, including myself, call you out for your comments and question your interpretation of EBs duties and responsibilities
6. You now claim you don't know about the deal
7. You now claim you are simply reading media links

This is the timeline I see and have pieced together. Again, this follows your pattern of agenda posting. You get overly excited about something, you try to convince others of your opinion, you create never-ending arguments, and you then change your story once questioned or proven wrong.

What argument is the truth Dean? You knew all along and have 100% confidence in what happened when EB took the job and know what EB will be doing OR, you are speculating and simply passing on information as you read it. Which one is it? Everybody is confused.