• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are contradicting yourself. You do this often and this is what I am talking about. You get overly excited about something and then finally calm down and back track.

You claimed in post 141 and post 143 that:

141: Looks like EB is calling the shots on offense coaches and players.

143: I have been saying it all along. EB has the keys to the offense. It depends on if these changes make him win.

Post 176 says: i said i had no idea how the deal went down
And finally, post 178 says: when did i say duke point wasn't valid? Im just reading the media links.

Are you reading media links OR have you literally said all along that EB will have FULL and TOTAL control of the offense?

So here is the timeline:

1. You claim that if EB is hired, he will have control of the offense.
2. EB is hired
3. You claim you knew along that EB would "have the keys" to the offense.
4. You then claim that EB will "call the shots" with offensive players.
5. Other posters, including myself, call you out for your comments and question your interpretation of EBs duties and responsibilities
6. You now claim you don't know about the deal
7. You now claim you are simply reading media links

This is the timeline I see and have pieced together. Again, this follows your pattern of agenda posting. You get overly excited about something, you try to convince others of your opinion, you create never-ending arguments, and you then change your story once questioned or proven wrong.

What argument is the truth Dean? You knew all along and have 100% confidence in what happened when EB took the job and know what EB will be doing OR, you are speculating and simply passing on information as you read it. Which one is it? Everybody is confused.

why are you confused? The media said he had full control. IMO I thought he would get the keys to the offense. There is no way for me to know what really happened at the interview. Why can't i be excited about EB? What is wrong with that? NO agenda

I have no argument. I am not arguing with you. Why do you feel that way? wow.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you confused? The media said he had full control. IMO I thought he would get the keys to the offense. There is no way for me to know what really happened at the interview. Why can't i be excited about EB? What is wrong with that? NO agenda

I have no argument. I am not arguing with you. Why do you feel that way? wow.
The media ? And you bought it?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dean , go back and look at what you wrote

i said i understand dukes point. I had an opinion that EB will have full control. what is wrong with that?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said i understand dukes point. I had an opinion that EB will have full control. what is wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with that until you say Duke isn’t in the building hence his assessment is wrong

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with that until you say Duke isn’t in the building hence his assessment is wrong

no ones assessment is right. I never said he was wrong. We really don't know what EB role is we can only speculate. Right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i buy EB will control the offense this year. Just my opinion.
What does that mean Dean ? To install his offensive system ? Yes , to call plays ? Yes , to acquire talent ? No To acquire coaches ? No

having an opinion is fine . Shoving it down our throats like the wince debacle and questioning fandom is indoctrination not expressing an opinion

and you do like to hide agenda posting in the guise of saying its an “ opinion “

you can’t denigrate dukes opinion by saying he isn’t in the building while you die on the hill of your opinion when you ain’t in the building either

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ones assessment is right. I never said he was wrong. We really don't know what EB role is we can only speculate. Right?
someones assessment is right for sure

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely respect your observations and won't argue against them, what I will do is ask a few questions to see how you respond to them.

1. How do you rate the level of competition by conference ACC vs Big10 vs SEC etc.? and...
2. Could that account for his drop from round 1 to 5?
3. What metrics are you using to compare him to Fields?
4. Take another look at Baker Mayfield I'll bet you see Howell. Neither Mayfield nor Howell are anywhere close to being the most accurate quarterback in the PFF College era (2014-present): Fields.
5. What are your thoughts on Phil Longo's offensive scheme?
6. Thoughts on these comparisons? Pay particular attention to passing stats:
2020Javonte Williams 2,271 rushing yards and 27 TDs >>> 2021 Ty Chandler 1092 rushing yards and 14 TDs
2020Michael Carter 1,245 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs, 267 receiving yards.>>> 2021 D.J. Jones 253 yards, 0 TDs/Brooks 295 yards, 4 TDs
2020Dyami Brown 55 Rec 1.099 yards 8 TDs >>> 2021 Josh Downs 1335 yards 8 TDs
2020Dazz Newsome 54 passes 684 yards and 6 touchdowns >>> 2021 Antoine Green 612 yards 5 TDs.

* Downs is rated as the 4th or 5th best Wideout in the upcoming draft>>> Dyami Brown was rated as a mid-3rd to 4th round selection
* Green is rated as the 41st best receiver in the upcoming draft 7th round >>Dazz Newsome was rated as a 7th round selection (6th)

2020 O-line >>>>>>>>>>>> 2021 O-line

LT = Asim Richards >>>> Asim Richards​

LG = Joshua Ezeudu>>>> Joshua Ezeudu

C = Brian Anderson>>>> Brian Anderson

RG =Marcus McKethan>> Marcus McKethan

RT =Jordan Tucker>>>> Jordan Tucker

TE = KAMARI MORALES>>>> KAMARI MORALES
I wish i could move this to the thread on Sam Howell

1 - Of course the SEC has the best defenses. But I think there are plenty of QB's in the ACC that could tear up the SEC. If Sam Howell played for Alabama his numbers would have been even better. He would have been better than Mac Jones and if you said build your team around Sam Howell or Bryce Young, it would take me 5 seconds to say I'd take Howell. Devin Leary is transferring from NC State to Kentucky this year so we will see if he puts up the same numbers as Will Levis, and I bet you he does. Sam Hartman is leaving Wake Forest for ND this year and he will put up better numbers than any ND QB in the last 10 years. The ACC has put many good QB's in the NFL. I bet they are up there with as many or more than any other league. Hell a few years ago, NC State had 5 starting on the same NFL Sunday (Rivers, Wilson, Brissett, Finley and Glennon). So what I am saying is the ACC team might not matchup well with the SEC team, but you could put those ACC QB's on SEC teams and they would be just as good.

2 - No. You can google "why did sam howell fall in the draft" and you will see several that say what I said yesterday. Here is what Mel Kiper said about the drop
“He’s a got a chance to be a starter you would think, Remember, going into the year, we were talking — Todd McShay and I — about him being a first-round draft choice coming off a great year when he had Javonte Williams, Michael Carter and Jazz Newsome … they all left, but he had Josh Downs and Ty Chandler running the football. Things just didn’t happen the way they did. All the numbers came down across the board, but he held the ball too long and had too many passes batted down. He played a little short. We know he’s 6-foot and half, but he played at 6-foot and a half.

“He’s got to find those throwing lanes moving forward in the NFL. He’s got to show a little more fire on the field. He’s got a shot. He was maybe he was a little over-hyped and the Baker Mayfield comparisons were maybe a little exaggerated going into the year. I’m surprised he went to the fifth round, I thought he’d be a third-rounder. There’s some things he’s got to fix to ever being a starter in the NFL.”

3 - just the good ole eye test. I've probably seen more Sam Howell games than any of you. Actually, going into the NFL, I thought a really good comparison was Russell Wilson. A young Russell Wilson. Very similar and I still think it can be

I take that back on Howell about the accuracy. He actually throws a really good deep ball (similar to Wilson). I think it was more that he just didn't have as good of chemistry with the receivers his 3rd year as they were all new to him. Yes Josh Downs is going to be drafted, but he only played really 1 year with Howell and he was his go to receiver.

4 - The offense UNC used was a good one that fit Howell's strengths. They obviously had him run a lot more because his receivers had trouble getting open and they didn't block as well the year before. The 2 years before, similary to Wilson, he scrambled to get open to throw the ball. In year 3, he scrambled and ran and he was really good at it so they made it a bigger part of their offense.

5 - I hope you see the difference in the RB's? Williams and Carter combined for 3,500 yards rushing and 36 TD's in one season on top of what Howell added. That dropped to 1300 yards rushing and 14 TD's the next year. That is a massive difference. Those boys were unstoppable and just ran over people. They wore you down. Now that shows you where some of the decrease occurred. In 2020, LB's had to stay in for the run, couldn't drop into coverage whereas they did in 2021

6 - you would have to go game-by-game on who played. Yeah they may have started the season with the same guys on OL but I believe they had a lot of injuries and other issues. They started the season in top 10 and had huge expectations and lost 6 games i think it was. And i think for some reason that was placed on Howell as being a negative against him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB is a hard ass even on the stars

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean Dean ? To install his offensive system ? Yes , to call plays ? Yes , to acquire talent ? No To acquire coaches ? No

having an opinion is fine . Shoving it down our throats like the wince debacle and questioning fandom is indoctrination not expressing an opinion

and you do like to hide agenda posting in the guise of saying its an “ opinion “

you can’t denigrate dukes opinion by saying he isn’t in the building while you die on the hill of your opinion when you ain’t in the building either

didn't denigrate. i said i understood it. for the 3rd time

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you come across as authoritarian about it and then claim you are being the messenger of the media.
You tried to take a victory lap yesterday with Chiller and you did so with me in the JAX game,

You said "We found out QB....WHERE IS DUKE?"

You can't shove something down someones throat and then back off and claim "well, it is my opinion".
Over the past few months, you have been accused of:

Being a homer
Being an agenda poster
Being a troll
Working for the Commanders PR department

Can you answer why you are the only one who is accused of these things?

Also, your opinion is wrong. There is NO way EB will have full control of an offense with EVERYTHING. You mean to tell me he will tell Mayhew what to do? Same with Rivera? Rivera will look to EB and ask for marching order?

What is the point of having a GM or HC if EB is calling the shots with everything offense related?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is NOT what you said. I showed you your posts where you said with certainty that you did know his role. You even told Chiller "looks like I was right"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you come across as authoritarian about it and then claim you are being the messenger of the media.
You tried to take a victory lap yesterday with Chiller and you did so with me in the JAX game,

You said "We found out QB....WHERE IS DUKE?"

You can't shove something down someones throat and then back off and claim "well, it is my opinion".
Over the past few months, you have been accused of:

Being a homer
Being an agenda poster
Being a troll
Working for the Commanders PR department

Can you answer why you are the only one who is accused of these things?

Also, your opinion is wrong. There is NO way EB will have full control of an offense with EVERYTHING. You mean to tell me he will tell Mayhew what to do? Same with Rivera? Rivera will look to EB and ask for marching order?

What is the point of having a GM or HC if EB is calling the shots with everything offense related?

lol. no one is shoving. wow. I just stating wah t what said from when he was signed. ESPN said he will make offensive personel decions. So what does that mean?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is NOT what you said. I showed you your posts where you said with certainty that you did know his role. You even told Chiller "looks like I was right"

yes about getting the keys to the offense. An AHC coach title not just OC

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. no one is shoving. wow. I just stating wah t what said from when he was signed. ESPN said he will make offensive personel decions. So what does that mean?
Logic would say that it would mean like who is cut, who starts, the depth chart, etc. He will also have a lot of latitude or total control of all offensive coaches, QA, and analysts. Offensive coaches will report directly to EB. As AHC, he might also have the ST coach report to him as well.

EB will also represent the offense in coaching meetings and his opinion regarding draft prospects and free agents will be taken extremely seriously..

That is what logic says...knowing Rivera, who knows what he will do. He isn't the exact model of coaching and front office success.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't denigrate. i said i understood it. for the 3rd time
you don't know that for sure b/c you are not inside the building. EB has more power than a normal NfL OC. You dont know how that deal went down when RR hired EB. I don't know either. I am just reading what the media says.

this is what you said dean . The implication here is Duke doesn’t know what he is talking about( denigrating) and because you are quoting Un named and unsourced your pov is allegedly more “ right “

what Duke is saying makes perfect sense .EB doesn’t pick players or coaches . He does have input

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious answer for those who continue to insist that he is a poor thrower of the ball is #4 Justin Fields RB Chicago Bears! :D
It was 100% obvious and I lost a lot of respect for any of you who didn’t know. Unless you don’t play fantasy football

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know that for sure b/c you are not inside the building. EB has more power than a normal NfL OC. You dont know how that deal went down when RR hired EB. I don't know either. I am just reading what the media says.

this is what you said dean . The implication here is Duke doesn’t know what he is talking about( denigrating) and because you are quoting Un named and unsourced your pov is allegedly more “ right “

what Duke is saying makes perfect sense .EB doesn’t pick players or coaches . He does have input

I also said that I don't know either. How is that offending duke? Offensive personnel decisons. That was reported. take it as you will.