• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic would say that it would mean like who is cut, who starts, the depth chart, etc. He will also have a lot of latitude or total control of all offensive coaches, QA, and analysts. Offensive coaches will report directly to EB. As AHC, he might also have the ST coach report to him as well.

EB will also represent the offense in coaching meetings and his opinion regarding draft prospects and free agents will be taken extremely seriously..

That is what logic says...knowing Rivera, who knows what he will do. He isn't the exact model of coaching and front office success.

I agree we don't know what RR will do. I took it has if EB has offensive personal decisions powers., that will mean current players, FA's, and draft picks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said that I don't know either. How is that offending duke? Offensive personnel decisons. That was reported. take it as you will.
Skinsdad is a great dude and solid moderator. He is trying to show you how you come across to others.

I would listen to what he is saying. He is doing you a favor out of kindness.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish i could move this to the thread on Sam Howell

1 - Of course the SEC has the best defenses. But I think there are plenty of QB's in the ACC that could tear up the SEC. If Sam Howell played for Alabama his numbers would have been even better. He would have been better than Mac Jones and if you said build your team around Sam Howell or Bryce Young, it would take me 5 seconds to say I'd take Howell. Devin Leary is transferring from NC State to Kentucky this year so we will see if he puts up the same numbers as Will Levis, and I bet you he does. Sam Hartman is leaving Wake Forest for ND this year and he will put up better numbers than any ND QB in the last 10 years. The ACC has put many good QB's in the NFL. I bet they are up there with as many or more than any other league. Hell a few years ago, NC State had 5 starting on the same NFL Sunday (Rivers, Wilson, Brissett, Finley and Glennon). So what I am saying is the ACC team might not matchup well with the SEC team, but you could put those ACC QB's on SEC teams and they would be just as good.

2 - No. You can google "why did sam howell fall in the draft" and you will see several that say what I said yesterday. Here is what Mel Kiper said about the drop
“He’s a got a chance to be a starter you would think, Remember, going into the year, we were talking — Todd McShay and I — about him being a first-round draft choice coming off a great year when he had Javonte Williams, Michael Carter and Jazz Newsome … they all left, but he had Josh Downs and Ty Chandler running the football. Things just didn’t happen the way they did. All the numbers came down across the board, but he held the ball too long and had too many passes batted down. He played a little short. We know he’s 6-foot and half, but he played at 6-foot and a half.

“He’s got to find those throwing lanes moving forward in the NFL. He’s got to show a little more fire on the field. He’s got a shot. He was maybe he was a little over-hyped and the Baker Mayfield comparisons were maybe a little exaggerated going into the year. I’m surprised he went to the fifth round, I thought he’d be a third-rounder. There’s some things he’s got to fix to ever being a starter in the NFL.”

3 - just the good ole eye test. I've probably seen more Sam Howell games than any of you. Actually, going into the NFL, I thought a really good comparison was Russell Wilson. A young Russell Wilson. Very similar and I still think it can be

I take that back on Howell about the accuracy. He actually throws a really good deep ball (similar to Wilson). I think it was more that he just didn't have as good of chemistry with the receivers his 3rd year as they were all new to him. Yes Josh Downs is going to be drafted, but he only played really 1 year with Howell and he was his go to receiver.

4 - The offense UNC used was a good one that fit Howell's strengths. They obviously had him run a lot more because his receivers had trouble getting open and they didn't block as well the year before. The 2 years before, similary to Wilson, he scrambled to get open to throw the ball. In year 3, he scrambled and ran and he was really good at it so they made it a bigger part of their offense.

5 - I hope you see the difference in the RB's? Williams and Carter combined for 3,500 yards rushing and 36 TD's in one season on top of what Howell added. That dropped to 1300 yards rushing and 14 TD's the next year. That is a massive difference. Those boys were unstoppable and just ran over people. They wore you down. Now that shows you where some of the decrease occurred. In 2020, LB's had to stay in for the run, couldn't drop into coverage whereas they did in 2021

6 - you would have to go game-by-game on who played. Yeah they may have started the season with the same guys on OL but I believe they had a lot of injuries and other issues. They started the season in top 10 and had huge expectations and lost 6 games i think it was. And i think for some reason that was placed on Howell as being a negative against him.
1. QBs come from all over the country and generally play for their respective conferences. I don't disagree that placing any of them in different conferences will by necessity force them to play at the level that the conference demands. By that same logic, they are playing to the strengths and weaknesses of their conference and must be graded on the strength and weaknesses of the same when compared to others.
Outside of teams like Clemson and past teams like Florida State and the "U," I honestly don't see the competitive balance that you do when comparing the ACC to the Big10, Pac12, or the SEC, but it's a matter of perspective and I'll not argue over yours. (This coming from a former Maryland rooter who hated their move to the big10) I have the ACC rated at about 4th or 5th among all conferences.

2. The offense has only 30 plays with options off of those plays depending on defensive reactions to them. They are a power-running team which led me to believe that Ron Rivera's public statement about being a 2-1 run team had more to do with Howell than anything else. After reading what you wrote in #2 related to what Kiper and McShay thought about him, you'd have to admit that you've given him a far more favorable review than either of them did.

3. Once again, I can't argue with your "eye" test. If you see the potential I'm all for it, even if I personally don't see what you've seen.

4. No comment.

5. I noted that difference and posted those differences. however, Sam Howell's major contribution will be in the passing game and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that early defenses are going to force him to show that he's capable of hurting them with his arm, decision-making, processing, and accuracy...all... based on the Kiper/McShay evaluation that you posted (I read/viewed them in my earlier research)

6. They were a pretty consistent and game-healthy bunch, I know that you disagree but maybe the charges against Howell were deserved (He played small)

LT Asim Richards
2021 – Junior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line Earned third-team All-ACC honors • Played 1,049 snaps at left tackle and allowed only three sacks

LG Joshua Ezeudu
2021 – Junior Season
Appeared in 12 games and started 11 games on the offensive line
Drafted by the NYG 3rd round pick 67

C Brian Anderson
2021 - Senior Season
Started three games and appeared in all 13 games at center

RG Marcus McKethan
2021 - Senior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line • All-ACC Honorable Mention • ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week (9/20, 11/6)
NYG drafted him in the 5th round with the 173rd pick in 2022

RT Jordan Tucker
2021 – Senior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line
Undrafted Free Agent (signed by the Steelers)

TE Garrett Walston
2021 – Graduate Student Season
Appeared in 13 games and made 12 starts at tight end
Undrafted Free Agent (signed by 49ers)

TE Kamari Morales
2021 – Sophomore Season
Appeared in 13 games and started at Pitt as a tight end

TE Bryson Nesbit
2021 – True Freshman Season
Appeared in 11 games and started the Wake Forest game at tight end

Final note: The UNC 2021 offense averaged 35.2 points per game (19th NCAA/3rd ACC), 468.2 total yards per game (10th NCAA/4th ACC), including 255.7 passing yards per game (42nd NCAA/6th ACC), and 212.5 rushing yards per game (18th NCAA/2nd ACC)

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad is a great dude and solid moderator. He is trying to show you how you come across to others.

I would listen to what he is saying. He is doing you a favor out of kindness.

im not the one who is name calling.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not the one who is name calling.
I didn’t say you offended him . I am saying you are denigrating his opinion . You come across as your opinion is the only valid one and you will die on that hill defending it .

then when someone defends their position hard you scratch your head wondering why you are attacked

duke and i disagree about Payne and the tag . He has valid points and I think I do but we dont get pissy with each other and die on our own private hills .

EB will say what he needs on offense just like turner before him and JDR does on defense . RR will prioritize.
we think o/line is an important need but RR may feel Paul and cosmi are in house solutions to OG and he could be right and he might say I need a center and 2 OTS while JDR might want Payne and a CB but RR might choose to address LB and let Payne go
JDR has the keys to the defense much like EB does for the offense

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say you offended him . I am saying you are denigrating his opinion . You come across as your opinion is the only valid one and you will die on that hill defending it .

then when someone defends their position hard you scratch your head wondering why you are attacked

duke and i disagree about Payne and the tag . He has valid points and I think I do but we dont get pissy with each other and die on our own private hills .

EB will say what he needs on offense just like turner before him and JDR does on defense . RR will prioritize.
we think o/line is an important need but RR may feel Paul and cosmi are in house solutions to OG and he could be right and he might say I need a center and 2 OTS while JDR might want Payne and a CB but RR might choose to address LB and let Payne go
Excellent post!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one is getting pissy. lol. i said many of times to duke, i understand your point. I hope today's press conference will explain alot. I found the ESpn article that said EB has complete control of the offense. The report i saw on Sportcenter said EB will have control over offensive personnel.

I hope reporters ask that question today to clarify EB's role on players on the offense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is getting pissy. lol. i said many of times to duke, i understand your point. I hope today's press conference will explain alot. I found the ESpn article that said EB has complete control of the offense. The report i saw on Sportcenter said EB will have control over offensive personnel.

I hope reporters ask that question today to clarify EB's role on players on the offense.
I agree with what Skinsdad is saying. You will deny this, but you are not the eternal victim here Dean. You need to accept some responsibility for the reactions you get. You talked about name calling but seem to not understand why you have been called a troll, agenda poster, homer, and employee of the Commanders. Have you stopped to think about why 4 separate posters brought this up with you? This isn't a conspiracy with people out to get you.

You asked what is wrong with you being excited. Well, with you, that typically means you go overboard with something and take it personal. You were excited about Carson Wentz, as such, you posted about it for 9 months, caused numerous arguments, posted here on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day about it, and called people out for not being on board. This led to your campaign against TH.

Same with your 11-win prediction. Not one person agreed with this and numerous posters told you it was unwise. Because you were "excited", you called people out and even called me out for not "betting" on the team. Several of us were actually spot on with our 8 win prediction, we just didn't make a big deal about it.

PDay even stated that you went to the general NFL board and tried to rally troops to your cause about the Commanders. These are just 3 examples of what happens when you get "excited" about something. This leads to you getting attacked and I believe causes the problems you face. I know you will deny this as well, but you aren't having discussions with many posters...you are arguing as Skinsdad has stated.

With respect to EB, I agree with Skinsdad. I will take it a step further and state that I would be against giving him more than "normal" control of the offense. Why? Because this is his first real OC gig as a play caller and directing an offense. Logic would state that there is a concern for a first-time, full-time OC having "total control" of an offense. Again, like multiple posters have stated, it would be unwise and a disaster if EB was literally the offensive GM and the offensive HC and ran a separate team by himself. That is not how the NFL works. Shame on Rivera is if tries some revolutionary concept that would encourage this. Instead of going through a tried method of coaching and accountability, if he tries a new method of coaching, it will be a disaster. You said that this is "exciting" and I could not disagree more. I like the EB hire in and of itself, but what you are advocating, or your interpretation raises major red flags period. Hopefully, this isn't the real case.

I know you will deny all of this but I am just being honest.

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. QBs come from all over the country and generally play for their respective conferences. I don't disagree that placing any of them in different conferences will by necessity force them to play at the level that the conference demands. By that same logic, they are playing to the strengths and weaknesses of their conference and must be graded on the strength and weaknesses of the same when compared to others.
Outside of teams like Clemson and past teams like Florida State and the "U," I honestly don't see the competitive balance that you do when comparing the ACC to the Big10, Pac12, or the SEC, but it's a matter of perspective and I'll not argue over yours. (This coming from a former Maryland rooter who hated their move to the big10) I have the ACC rated at about 4th or 5th among all conferences.

2. The offense has only 30 plays with options off of those plays depending on defensive reactions to them. They are a power-running team which led me to believe that Ron Rivera's public statement about being a 2-1 run team had more to do with Howell than anything else. After reading what you wrote in #2 related to what Kiper and McShay thought about him, you'd have to admit that you've given him a far more favorable review than either of them did.

3. Once again, I can't argue with your "eye" test. If you see the potential I'm all for it, even if I personally don't see what you've seen.

4. No comment.

5. I noted that difference and posted those differences. however, Sam Howell's major contribution will be in the passing game and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that early defenses are going to force him to show that he's capable of hurting them with his arm, decision-making, processing, and accuracy...all... based on the Kiper/McShay evaluation that you posted (I read/viewed them in my earlier research)

6. They were a pretty consistent and game-healthy bunch, I know that you disagree but maybe the charges against Howell were deserved (He played small)

LT Asim Richards
2021 – Junior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line Earned third-team All-ACC honors • Played 1,049 snaps at left tackle and allowed only three sacks

LG Joshua Ezeudu
2021 – Junior Season
Appeared in 12 games and started 11 games on the offensive line
Drafted by the NYG 3rd round pick 67

C Brian Anderson
2021 - Senior Season
Started three games and appeared in all 13 games at center

RG Marcus McKethan
2021 - Senior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line • All-ACC Honorable Mention • ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week (9/20, 11/6)
NYG drafted him in the 5th round with the 173rd pick in 2022

RT Jordan Tucker
2021 – Senior Season
Started all 13 games on the offensive line
Undrafted Free Agent (signed by the Steelers)

TE Garrett Walston
2021 – Graduate Student Season
Appeared in 13 games and made 12 starts at tight end
Undrafted Free Agent (signed by 49ers)

TE Kamari Morales
2021 – Sophomore Season
Appeared in 13 games and started at Pitt as a tight end

TE Bryson Nesbit
2021 – True Freshman Season
Appeared in 11 games and started the Wake Forest game at tight end

Final note: The UNC 2021 offense averaged 35.2 points per game (19th NCAA/3rd ACC), 468.2 total yards per game (10th NCAA/4th ACC), including 255.7 passing yards per game (42nd NCAA/6th ACC), and 212.5 rushing yards per game (18th NCAA/2nd ACC)

If I had to rank the conferences and how they play defense, the ACC would be 3rd behind the SEC and Big 10. There is better defense in the ACC than in the Big 12 or Pack 12. There is generally 4 to 5 teams that play pretty good defense and usually 2 are up there nationally. Clemson and NC State has been those 2 teams the last few years

UNC played from behind more in Howell's last year. They had to throw more. They didn't have a problem scoring, they just couldn't stop teams from scoring either. UNC had the same problem this year. They played a weak schedule and they lost their final 4 games when they finally went against teams that played good defense.

When reading the comments from Kiper, keep in mind that was after the disappointing season. See if you can find the preseason comments when he was projected as the #1 pick. The height will be the biggest thing to overcome, again another comparison to Wilson. He will have to find his throwing lanes. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Howell threw 15 picks in his 1st season, but a lot of those will be because he gives his receivers a chance to make a play (more Heinicke, less Wentz in that regard). Batted balls will be something he has to work on.

Howell will only add to the run game. I bet you anything, you will see a similar game plan for Howell as what the Eagles use for Hurts and we will have some designed runs every game. It also depends on how well our line blocks for him.

I see all these same things with Bryce Young. He is also 6 feet. But he is rail thin and I don't know if he can handle the physicality of the NFL. I don't have that concern with Howell. I could be completely wrong on this. But the success of a QB is tied to the luck of what team they go to. There have been some really good QB's drafted early that have a bad career because of where they were drafted.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what Skinsdad is saying. You will deny this, but you are not the eternal victim here Dean. You need to accept some responsibility for the reactions you get. You talked about name calling but seem to not understand why you have been called a troll, agenda poster, homer, and employee of the Commanders. Have you stopped to think about why 4 separate posters brought this up with you? This isn't a conspiracy with people out to get you.

You asked what is wrong with you being excited. Well, with you, that typically means you go overboard with something and take it personal. You were excited about Carson Wentz, as such, you posted about it for 9 months, caused numerous arguments, posted here on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day about it, and called people out for not being on board. This led to your campaign against TH.

Same with your 11-win prediction. Not one person agreed with this and numerous posters told you it was unwise. Because you were "excited", you called people out and even called me out for not "betting" on the team. Several of us were actually spot on with our 8 win prediction, we just didn't make a big deal about it.

PDay even stated that you went to the general NFL board and tried to rally troops to your cause about the Commanders. These are just 3 examples of what happens when you get "excited" about something. This leads to you getting attacked and I believe causes the problems you face. I know you will deny this as well, but you aren't having discussions with many posters...you are arguing as Skinsdad has stated.

With respect to EB, I agree with Skinsdad. I will take it a step further and state that I would be against giving him more than "normal" control of the offense. Why? Because this is his first real OC gig as a play caller and directing an offense. Logic would state that there is a concern for a first-time, full-time OC having "total control" of an offense. Again, like multiple posters have stated, it would be unwise and a disaster if EB was literally the offensive GM and the offensive HC and ran a separate team by himself. That is not how the NFL works. Shame on Rivera is if tries some revolutionary concept that would encourage this. Instead of going through a tried method of coaching and accountability, if he tries a new method of coaching, it will be a disaster. You said that this is "exciting" and I could not disagree more. I like the EB hire in and of itself, but what you are advocating, or your interpretation raises major red flags period. Hopefully, this isn't the real case.

I know you will deny all of this but I am just being honest.

im just reporting what was said in the media. They said EB will have full control of the offense. He will not be a traditional OC. He will have more power than most or all of the Oc's in the nfl. Agree or disagree this is what has been reported. This is not my interpretation. This was being reported

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just reporting what was said in the media. They said EB will have full control of the offense. He will not be a traditional OC. He will have more power than most or all of the Oc's in the nfl. Agree or disagree this is what has been reported. This is not my interpretation. This was being reported
But you said you were excited about this and that has historically not been a good thing for the board. Being excited about an alleged hybrid coaching model makes no sense. I just proved that in my post and you failed to address it.

You also have interpreted what full control means and at least 3 of have disagreed with your interpretation on this. Stop hiding behind the skirt of the sports media as you deal in absolutes all the time. Does it make sense for EB to be a co GM and co HC? Apparently it does because you are excited about it. You are now claiming you don't even know if he will have roster authority.

You didn't answer my question. Why is that you are getting called out specifically?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said you were excited about this and that has historically not been a good thing for the board. Being excited about an alleged hybrid coaching model makes no sense.

You also have interpreted what full control means and at least 3 of have disagreed with your interpretation on this. Stop hiding behind the skirt of the sports media as you deal in absolutes all the time.

You didn't answer my question. Why is that you are getting called out specifically?

you can't tell me what i can get excited about. If i get called out I respond on whatever issue, there is. Fans get excited about their team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't tell me what i can get excited about. If i get called out I respond on whatever issue, there is. Fans get excited about their team.
But why are you called out and called a homer, agenda poster, employee of the Commanders, troll?

Why would posters accuse you of being all 4 of those?

Fans get excited about their teams...but they are also responsible and not combative as well. You take your excitement to another level and take it personally when people don't agree with you and you shove it down their throats. This is the reason you are called names Dean.

I can't tell you what to get excited about. That is true. Just like you can't tell me to get off the board...like you did.

What I can do is question that excitement and tell you how you come across. I am literally stating word for word what our moderator and others have said. This is a reason why posters literally don't read your comments and refuse to talk with you anymore. You brag about your "trophies" but you and I have the same amount of trophies: however, you have 18,000 posts and I have 3,000. Any theories?

You told Chiller that EB will have full control of the offense and told him you were right, you then tried to define what that meant, you then claimed you didn't know, you then claimed you were restating what the media did, and now you are stating that you have the right to be excited.

How is that not confusing? If your interpretation is correct, how in the world does that cause excitement? Why should any of us jump on board with having 3 GMs in the house? What experience does EB have in signing players and personally drafting them? How in the world are we supposed to get excited about something that is NOT done by successful NFL teams?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why are you called out and called a homer, agenda poster, employee of the Commanders, troll?

Why would posters accuse you of being all 4 of those?

Fans get excited about their teams...but they are also responsible and not combative as well. You take your excitement to another level and take it personally when people don't agree with you and you shove it down their throats. This is the reason you are called names Dean.

I can't tell you what to get excited about. That is true. Just like you can't tell me to get off the board...like you did.

What I can do is question that excitement and tell you how you come across. I am literally stating word for word what our moderator and others have said. This is a reason why posters literally don't read your comments and refuse to talk with you anymore. You brag about your "trophies" but you and I have the same amount of trophies: however, you have 18,000 posts and I have 3,000. Any theories?

You told Chiller that EB will have full control of the offense and told him you were right, you then tried to define what that meant, you then claimed you didn't know, you then claimed you were restating what the media did, and now you are stating that you have the right to be excited.

How is that not confusing? If your interpretation is correct, how in the world does that cause excitement? Why should any of us jump on board with having 3 GMs in the house? What experience does EB have in signing players and personally drafting them? How in the world are we supposed to get excited about something that is NOT done by successful NFL teams?

i dont mind be called a homer. disagreeing with someones opinion is not a troll. you can have any opinion you want about the EB situation. I just said I was right about Eb b/c that what it said in the article that EB will have full control. Im not telling you to jump on board or not. Do want you want.

Eric Bieniemy on his message to the fans… “Hail Commanders. I’m fired up, the fans should be fired up. Just be patient, nothing happens over night”

EB said I should be fired up. So, I'm fired up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont mind be called a homer. disagreeing with someones opinion is not a troll. you can have any opinion you want about the EB situation. I just said I was right about Eb b/c that what it said in the article that EB will have full control. Im not telling you to jump on board or not. Do want you want.

Eric Bieniemy on his message to the fans… “Hail Commanders. I’m fired up, the fans should be fired up. Just be patient, nothing happens over night”

EB said I should be fired up. So, I'm fired up.
What is he supposed to say Dean? Don't root for this team...we will stink...LOL. I already said I was on board with the hire, I just don't want him being the GM in the process.

So you aren't a troll or agenda poster? Got it...

Funny that TH said to get fired up but you decided to not pursue that.

You didn't answer my question about EB running an offensive draft or offensive free agency. I guess you are too fired up right now.

As my buddy Chiller said "you do you Deano"