• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I am trying to say but you said it much better.

Am I the only one who thinks that EB will NOT have GM duties?
he cant have GM duties , thats stupid . he can make suggestions and if they are good then they will use them but he cant say fuck you ron take the guy i want you bitch

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cant have GM duties , thats stupid . he can make suggestions and if they are good then they will use them but he cant say fuck you ron take the guy i want you bitch
Right...that is what I would think as well.

No team has ever been set up like that. It makes no sense for the HC and OC to get into a standoff like that and no chain of command exists.

I envision EB having a list of players he prefers and he takes that to Rivera and Mayhew. If the cap is there, they will strongly consider it. To your point, JCR also has a wish list as well. Same with the offensive staff. EB will request his own staff and Mayhew will try to make it work. EB will NOT sign his coaches to contracts, etc.

Same with the draft. EB will NOT have his own private scouts, the scouts report to Mayhew/Rivera.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean you are totally wrong . JDR also has a seat at the table with a list of wants and needs . It’s the job of the FO to determine what is priority and what isnt and how things are addressed.

EB has control of the offense he wants to use and who wins positions based on performance. That’s the control the press is talking about . The job of the FO is to get the players and the job of EB is to coach them

In my example. Who makes the pick?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the reason why I am pushing back on not being "excited" about giving EB total and full control. No other team is run like that in the NFL.

If RR wants Kincaid, he out ranks EB and the team should select Kincaid in your example. It literally makes no sense to have a HC over the defense and a HC over the offense. Because RR is our defacto GM, he should have the ultimate say so. Who is the tiebreaker if there is a disagreement?

EB should NOT have full and total control over the offense including GM responsibilities. It causes confusion and is simply NOT done. To my original point, why would you or anyone be on board with EB being the offensive GM? What experience does he have in drafting and signing free agents. We have gone through this crap show with Rivera for 3 years now and it has been a mess. Believe it or not, Rivera had more experience than EB with front-office decisions by virtue of being a head coach for so long.

I am completely against the scenario in which EB over-rides Rivera/Mayhew when it comes to acquiring offensive personnel. The set up could be just like you say. If it is, it will fail miserably. It would not surprise me though as it is widely known we have one of the worst front offices in the league.

ok. you said your peace. i respect that. With this new role I think EB will make that choice in my example. Thats all. RR/Mayhew can recommend those two players, but I think its EB's call on which TE to take.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. you said your peace. i respect that.
You personally are comfortable with EB being an offensive GM? I don't want to assume you do.
If so, out of curiosity, why would we have confidence in EB making personnel moves when he never has? Do you not think this would cause friction and disunity in our front office?

You realize that is not how the NFL runs right? Why should we be trying something that is not proven and not practiced?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is foolish , EB can and should suggest a player but other things come into play one being signabilty. Who is his agent ? Things like that

im saying if tis down to those two guys . EB can make the call.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You personally are comfortable with EB being an offensive GM? I don't want to assume you do.
If so, out of curiosity, why would we have confidence in EB making personnel moves when he never has? Do you not think this would cause fricition and disunity in our front office?

in my example i posted i would feel comfortable on Eb making that choice. Why? b/c this is his offense. He has to coach that player and has to call plays for that player. If EB loves that TE I wouldn't go against him. Like you said why cause friction.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my example i posted i would feel comfortable on Eb making that choice. Why? b/c this is his offense. He has to coach that player and has to call plays for that player. If EB loves that TE I wouldn't go against him. Like you said why cause friction.
That is not how the NFL is run though.

I find it foolish for us to try to do something not done. Why not model our team after the teams that actually win? Friction is caused from disagreements. That is why there are chains of command in the military and business structure. In your example, we should fire Mayhew because he is doing nothing.

No coordinator in the league has that type of authority...even the most successful ones. I think you are "being loyal" to the coaches again because what you are saying literally makes no sense. In your example, why isn't JDR making the same type of calls? It is his defense and he has been a HC twice?

It might be EB's offense, but he is a 1st time as a full-time OC. He is also a first time play caller. Now, we are adding assistant GM to his title. If this is going to work and you are excited about it, why does no other team in the history of the NFL do this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. thats your call.
And your call is foolish , there is only one boss Dean . EN can suggest a player , he can want a player and it could be in the best interest for RR to pick that player but the decision is his(RR ) not EB’s

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your call is foolish , there is only one boss Dean . EN can suggest a player , he can want a player and it could be in the best interest for RR to pick that player but the decision is his(RR ) not EB’s
I am not comfortable with a first time OC with ZERO front office experience having final say on who is drafted or signed as a free agent.

It takes years to gain the experience necessary to do that. We all saw what Steve Spurrier did when he got hired here and brought HIS offense an HIS players. It was an unmitigated disaster. We know little to nothing about EB and we are now magically comfortable with him selecting and acquiring players as a part-time GM? No thank you!

This is why Dean is called a homer. If we hired Pat Shumur or Greg Roman and gave them part-time GM duties, would we be comfortable with that as well? For any organization, especially this one, to give assistant GM duties to a first-time full OC is irresponsible and stupid.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Mitchell who annoyingly poo-poos any thing and everything Redskins has been on board since day one.

To be completely transparent when Ron went back to Wentz he was against it and was loud about it.

Not gonna lie it kinda annoyed me and I said to myself that Brian is always negative. That's just one example.

There have been other times where I felt like he was negative beforehand. That being said he was right every time as far as I can remember.

Brian is always the show me guy. This is the first time I've seen him so openly excited beforehand. I've grown to trust his judgment. He really likes this hire.

This from the guy who privately knew after the first practice that Shuler was gonna be a bust.

Brian being pro Bieniemy is what has me hopeful.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Mitchell who annoyingly poo-poos any thing and everything Redskins has been on board since day one.

To be completely transparent when Ron went back to Wentz he was against it and was loud about it.

Not gonna lie it kinda annoyed me and I said to myself that Brian is always negative. That's just one example.

There have been other times where I felt like he was negative beforehand. That being said he was right every time as far as I can remember.

Brian is always the show me guy. This is the first time I've seen him so openly excited beforehand. I've grown to trust his judgment. He really likes this hire.

This from the guy who privately knew after the first practice that Shuler was gonna be a bust.

Brian being pro Bieniemy was what has me hopeful.
BMitch is in my doghouse right now.

He said the team would be sold in two weeks according to a source. That was 2 weeks ago. I was jumping up and down when he said that. He needs to deliver the goods...LOL

I like the hire, but not in the way Dean is describing it. As a traditional OC, yes, as an OC who is the assistant GM...NO!!!!!!!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BMitch is in my doghouse right now.

He said the team would be sold in two weeks according to a source. That was 2 weeks ago. I was jumping up and down when he said that. He needs to deliver the goods...LOL

I like the hire, but not in the way Dean is describing it. As a traditional OC, yes, as an OC who is the assistant GM...NO!!!!!!!
B Mitch and Doc tell me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear. I'm ready to party too @duke1861. Lol

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B Mitch and Doc tell me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear. I'm ready to party too @duke1861. Lol
He has 48 hours to deliver.

I will laugh like a crazy man if I see a Commanders sold headline in the next 2 days...lol