• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to veer away from this debate for a second to put out some thoughts on EB

1st i saw his full presser and i saw him on NFL network and my question is HOW THE FUCK DID HE NOT INTERVIEW WELL . that story line is a complete BS LIE

2nd , he is an asskicker who demands production . this team has needed that for 30 yrs

3rd i am excited to see what he does here and hop he can establish a culture here in DC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not how the NFL is run though.

I find it foolish for us to try to do something not done. Why not model our team after the teams that actually win? Friction is caused from disagreements. That is why there are chains of command in the military and business structure. In your example, we should fire Mayhew because he is doing nothing.

No coordinator in the league has that type of authority...even the most successful ones. I think you are "being loyal" to the coaches again because what you are saying literally makes no sense. In your example, why isn't JDR making the same type of calls? It is his defense and he has been a HC twice?

It might be EB's offense, but he is a 1st time as a full-time OC. He is also a first time play caller. Now, we are adding assistant GM to his title. If this is going to work and you are excited about it, why does no other team in the history of the NFL do this?

not firing Mayhew. There are other GM duties to be done. In my example the two TE were the best available on the board. The were ranked higher than the defensive players. There were down to these 2 Te's. IF RR/Mayhew ask EB who you want? EB says Mayer and then they say no we are picking Kincaid. I think its a kick in the nuts to EB. EB has to ask himself why did they bring me here if I can't pick my guy for my offense?

I understand what you are saying most teams run like what you said. I thought in our situation EB has a lot more power than a regular OC. So, if RR/Mayhew come to him about a player they should honor his pick. This is where i go back to the Sportscenter report I heard that he will be in charge of offensive personnel. I took that for a situation like this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not firing Mayhew. There are other GM duties to be done. In my example the two TE were the best available on the board. The were ranked higher than the defensive players. There were down to these 2 Te's. IF RR/Mayhew ask EB who you want? EB says Mayer and then they say no we are picking Kincaid. I think its a kick in the nuts to EB. EB has to ask himself why did they bring me here if I can't pick my guy for my offense?

I understand what you are saying most teams run like what you said. I thought in our situation EB has a lot more power than a regular OC. So, if RR/Mayhew come to him about a player they should honor his pick. This is where i go back to the Sportscenter report I heard that he will be in charge of offensive personnel. I took that for a situation like this.
Except for what I mentioned above , signabilty and who is the agent .
and let’s be real you are designing a scenario that is trying to elicit a response you want

1st of all that scenario at 16 will never happen because my response to last yrs draft criticism, Dotson , Mathis and Brob was dismissed by you and not mattering they got “their “ guy and I did 1000 mock drafts last year . so rankings won’t enter into it

any scenario where the HC: GM (RR ) doesn’t make the FINAL choice is bogus

anyone in the media saying EB has final say on roster construction is either fucking stupid or lying and anyone believing that to be true is either-naive or fucking stupid

he doesn’t have final say on the fucking roster . He does have the ability to suggest and advocate for a player

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, I disagree with you that EB will have GM responsibilities over the offense. That would NOT be a good thing for a million reasons. Like Skinsdad said, I believe you are misinterpreting what the article said.

Second of all, there are at least 64 coordinators in the NFL. I can guarantee you their GM makes decisions they don't agree with ALL the time. That is how the NFL is run. The GM or GM/Coach makes the final call. That is a reality. If a coordinator's player acquisition wishes don't get carried out, I guarantee you they don't cry a river and wonder why they took the job.

Third, I am glad EB came here. Lets be honest, it's not like teams were pounding down the door to hire him. The Chiefs did NOTHING to retain him. Chiefs fans pretty much said "adios". The fact that the Ravens hired a current college OC over EB should give us pause. They are literally one of the best-run organizations period. It has been rumored that Reid was gently pushing EB out. Who knows if that is true? Bottom line, the Chiefs aren't crying about it and EB only interviewed with 1 other team this offseason: the Colts. He didn't make it out of the first round. I think as an OC, he CAN be good and want to see what he does here. He has his hands full!

Fourth, lets say you are right and EB has co-GM responsibilities (offense only), why should we blindly show excitement over that? You said you are excited because EB said he was fired up? Should we be trying to build a successful offense instead of piloting a new coaching model? Why should we be excited about somebody who has no roster-building experience?????????
We would literally have three people running around with GM duties and responsibilities. That is NOT done in the NFL and we would be the only team doing that. Apparently, that doesn't concern you. Why should Mayhew/River honor his pick and take orders from EB? Does that make sense to you? If it does, why are other organizations not doing it?

If you are correct, it will be a disaster and you can book mark this thread.
I told you hiring Rivera as the HC and allowing him control over the front office was a bad idea. I was right
I told you hiring Scott Turner as OC was a bad idea. I was right.
I told you trading for Wentz was a bad idea. I was right.

I have good track record Dean. I am telling you that allowing EB be a co-GM over the entire offensive player unit is a HUGE mistake and will FAIL. The fact that you or anyone would support that is frightening to me. Sometimes I think you and I cheer for different teams honestly. Just because this MIGHT be the case does NOT make it right. I know you are a homer but this honestly would take the cake.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and let’s be real you are designing a scenario that is trying to elicit a response you want

1st of all that scenario at 16 will never happen because my response to last yrs draft criticism, Dotson , Mathis and Brob was dismissed by you and not mattering they got “their “ guy and I did 1000 mock drafts last year . so rankings won’t enter into it

anyone in the media saying EB has final say on roster construction is either fucking stupid or lying and anyone believing that to be true is either-naive or fucking stupid

he doesn’t have final say on the fucking roster . He does have the ability to suggest and advocate for a player
Apparently, we don't know what we are talking about and some random article does.

And football history means nothing. We are building a bridge to tomorrow with having a coordinator be co-GM...

We should freely give GM duties to a first-time OC and play-caller and see what the heck happens.

SMH

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling EB was too forward for some of his interviews. I don't mind a coach who holds you accountable. Gibbs did it, his approach was different but ask anyone that played for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I disagree with you that EB will have GM responsibilities over the offense. That would NOT be a good thing for a million reasons. Like Skinsdad said, I believe you are misinterpreting what the article said.

Second of all, there are at least 64 coordinators in the NFL. I can guarantee you their GM makes decisions they don't agree with ALL the time. That is how the NFL is run. The GM or GM/Coach makes the final call. That is a reality. If a coordinator's player acquisition wishes don't get carried out, I guarantee you they don't cry a river and wonder why they took the job.

Third, I am glad EB came here. Lets be honest, it's not like teams were pounding down the door to hire him. The Chiefs did NOTHING to retain him. Chiefs fans pretty much said "adios". The fact that the Ravens hired a current college OC over EB should give us pause. They are literally one of the best-run organizations period. It has been rumored that Reid was gently pushing EB out. Who knows if that is true? Bottom line, the Chiefs aren't crying about it and EB only interviewed with 1 other team this offseason: the Colts. He didn't make it out of the first round. I think as an OC, he CAN be good and want to see what he does here. He has his hands full!

Fourth, lets say you are right and EB has co-GM responsibilities (offense only), why should we blindly show excitement over that? You said you are excited because EB said he was fired up? Should we be trying to build a successful offense instead of piloting a new coaching model? Why should we be excited about somebody who has no roster-building experience?????????
We would literally have three people running around with GM duties and responsibilities. That is NOT done in the NFL and we would be the only team doing that. Apparently, that doesn't concern you. Why should Mayhew/River honor his pick and take orders from EB? Does that make sense to you? If it does, why are other organizations not doing it?

If you are correct, it will be a disaster and you can book mark this thread.
I told you hiring Rivera as the HC and allowing him control over the front office was a bad idea. I was right
I told you hiring Scott Turner as OC was a bad idea. I was right.
I told you trading for Wentz was a bad idea. I was right.

I have good track record Dean. I am telling you that allowing EB be a co-GM over the entire offensive player unit is a HUGE mistake and will FAIL. The fact that you or anyone would support that is frightening to me. Sometimes I think you and I cheer for different teams honestly. Just because this MIGHT be the case does NOT make it right. I know you are a homer but this honestly would take the cake.

If I am misinterpreting the article fine. I thought he had more power than a regular OC when he signed here. I want EB to get his guys so he can run the offense the way he wants. Im not saying it's right or wrong if he gets that power with player personnel. IF its the same as last year then its RR's way or the highway.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interview on TEAM 980 about 45 minutes ago. They were talking to MJD, he and Logan Paulsen were both at UCLA when EB was coaching there. MJD said he is tough and that he is direct. He wants (as he said today) perfection. He also said EB really cares about his players. It was funny because MJD loves EB and the way he coaches, he said that it made him a better player. But he is going to be direct and probably hard on guys. The clip that dad posted with EB and AP going back and forth is 100% who EB is. It was funny because you could tell the Paulsen was still intimidated by EB some. At the same time Paulsen is all in on the hire.

MJD said EB might be installing a play and if the player isn't getting it EB will let him know and if he continues not to get it he will say "we aren't going to run that play because you can't get it right." He explained that it was not out of anger but he is NOT going to run a play that the players can't execute. I am ecstatic to hear that.

No telling who but there may be a couple of players who cannot play under this style of coaching. I am a lot more excited after today.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, that scinero can very well happen when we pick at 16. Every OC has the ability to suggest and advocate for a player. Thats nothing new.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am misinterpreting the article fine. I thought he had more power than a regular OC when he signed here. I want EB to get his guys so he can run the offense the way he wants. Im not saying it's right or wrong if he gets that power with player personnel. IF its the same as last year then its RR's way or the highway.
I hope he doesn't have more power than the standard OC because this is his first real experience as an OC. He needs to grow into the position and learn to call plays first. We can't put the cart before the horse.

He will also need time to figure out the offense he wants to run. I am sure he has a very good idea, but he has never been tested or has had to make decisions. For all we know, he might want to run a variant of Reid's offense. How would he know what players he needs to run his offense if he never has run an offense by himself before? I am sure he has an idea, but coaches picking the players they want seldom works. We are living that right now. These things take time and he will have some growing pains.

I believe NO coordinator should have control over player personnel. It is NOT done in the NFL and completely makes no sense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he doesn't have more power than the standard OC because this is his first real experience as an OC. He needs to grow into the position and learn to call plays first. We can't put the cart before the horse.

He will also need time to figure out the offense he wants to run. I am sure he has a very good idea, but he has never been tested or has had to make decisions. For all we know, he might want to run a variant of Reid's offense. How would he know what players he needs to run his offense if he never has run an offense by himself before? I am sure he has an idea, but coaches picking the players they want seldom works. We are living that right now. These things take time and he will have some growing pains.

I believe NO coordinator should have control over player personnel. It is NOT done in the NFL and completely makes no sense.

fair point. I would assume the offense that EB runs will be alot like Reid's.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair point. I would assume the offense that EB runs will be alot like Reid's.
Probably and I hope so.
The main things he will be missing is Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid himself.

Reid is a master play caller and schemer. Hopefully that rubs off on EB. Reids adjustments at the super bowl were simply amazing. Hopefully, he learned all he could. Turner had no clue on what an in game adjustment was. This is the biggest thing I am looking forward to under EB.

The number one thing this team must do is get a freaking OLine. If we don't do that, it doesn't matter who the OC is.

What we know now is that EB can command a room. What we know now is that he will bring passion and energy. What we know now is that he comes from the best run organization in the nfl.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB was in KC for 10 years. The past 5 as OC under Reid. Not his first rodeo as OC/play caller but will be FT play caller now. The dude knows this offense and knows how to call his offense. Bienemy has been toughted as the best OC hire of the off season. I believe he will be demanding, perfection persistent and a leader of the offense bringing passion and energy. I also believe if he demands an upgrade at TE, he will get it. Besides that and several new OL (prerequisite to this offense) he will have success because he is who he is. Learning under Andy Reid for those 10 seasons is undoubtedly huge for us going into next year. After listening to his presser, I am a bit more excited about this hire. What's the alternative, Scott freaking Turner who's dad was an offensive wizard, Scott just didn't seem to be able to get into any kind of flow offensively. I'm sure the QB's had something to do with that but for the most part, our offense has looked dysfunctional under Scott Turner.

Looking for more up-tempo from EB's offense as well.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The alternative was Shurmur, Roman or Zampese .... I think this is a win for Washington.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB was in KC for 10 years. The past 5 as OC under Reid. Not his first rodeo as OC/play caller but will be FT play caller now. The dude knows this offense and knows how to call his offense. Bienemy has been toughted as the best OC hire of the off season. I believe he will be demanding, perfection persistent and a leader of the offense bringing passion and energy. I also believe if he demands an upgrade at TE, he will get it. Besides that and several new OL (prerequisite to this offense) he will have success because he is who he is. Learning under Andy Reid for those 10 seasons is undoubtedly huge for us going into next year. After listening to his presser, I am a bit more excited about this hire. What's the alternative, Scott freaking Turner who's dad was an offensive wizard, Scott just didn't seem to be able to get into any kind of flow offensively. I'm sure the QB's had something to do with that but for the most part, our offense has looked dysfunctional under Scott Turner.

Looking for more up-tempo from EB's offense as well.

I am also excited. What we dont know is EB power on the team. You said if he demands a TE he will get it. Did you mean at draft time, like the example i proposed? Can he override RR/Mayhew and pick that TE he wants? Or FA, will he have final say on what offensive FA's he wants? This is what duke and I have been going back and forth about.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that scinero can very well happen when we pick at 16. Every OC has the ability to suggest and advocate for a player. Thats nothing new.
But you are saying he will pick the guy , huge difference. And that scenario has no chance of happening. No chance

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are saying he will pick the guy , huge difference. And that scenario has no chance of happening. No chance

there are no arguments between coordinators, coaches, and Gm's on draft night or when the team is on the clock?

skinz2winz just said if EB demands a TE he will get it. So what does that mean?​

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no arguments between coordinators, coaches, and Gm's on draft night or when the team is on the clock?

skinz2winz just said if EB demands a TE he will get it. So what does that mean?​

It means a poster thinks that . We could sign a TE or we could draft one later or lo and behold he could like Thomas

EB will have NO power making picks . He will be able to advocate for a pick or suggest one but he wont fucking make picks .

Why can’t you grasp that simple concept ?

Hell he can demand picks all day long but people in hell demand ice water too doesn’t mean he makes the pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means a poster thinks that . We could sign a TE or we could draft one later or lo and behold he could like Thomas

EB will have NO power making picks . He will be able to advocate for a pick or suggest one but he wont fucking make picks .

Why can’t you grasp that simple concept ?

Hell he can demand picks all day long but people in hell demand ice water too doesn’t mean he makes the pick

i can't grasp it b/c EB supposed to have more power on offense here. What you said is what Scott Turner did last year. Turner did not have the power that EB reported will have this year. I see your point, Take it easy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't grasp it b/c EB supposed to have more power on offense here. What you said is what Scott Turner did last year. Turner did not have the power that EB reported will have this year. I see your point, Take it easy.
I submit to you that he won’t have anymore power then turner . Turner ran his offense and EB will run his . Turner can ask for players and he did and so will EB