• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big fan of Thomas because he simply cannot stay on the field. I think he was a one-year wonder and he needs to go. He is not fast at all and I think injuries have caught up to him.

I like Turner and Rogers but the jury is still out on them. Bates continues to develop but seems best suited for blocking. Turner seems to me to be the best option at developing into a pass-catching TE.

That being said, I believe Howell needs an above-average TE out of the gate. A solid TE is a rookie's best friend. IMO, Howell doesn't have that right now.
i am not counting TE as a huge need turner is what we need if healthy as is rogers and i like hodges as well . now a te in the mid rou ds wouldnt hurt
I'm just asking the question because our TE room seems relatively young and with the exception of Thomas were kept around for a reason. I like what Rogers brings to the table, he didn't get a lot of playing time last year but he presented well in those few times. Will any of them become Thomas-like when he's healthy? I can't call it, but drafting another rookie TE will probably be something that they do mid-draft I suspect.

That said, I present this just for kicks!

1677270343814.png

1677270370923.png

1677270395910.png

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just asking the question because our TE room seems relatively young and with the exception of Thomas were kept around for a reason. I like what Rogers brings to the table, he didn't get a lot of playing time last year but he presented well in those few times. Will any of them become Thomas-like when he's healthy? I can't call it, but drafting another rookie TE will probably be something that they do mid-draft I suspect.

That said, I present this just for kicks!

View attachment 322050

View attachment 322051

View attachment 322052
I actually agree with a lot of what you and Skinsdad are saying. Here is what I am trying to say.

The Andy Reid offense relies heavily on the TE. A couple of things here, as:

1. EB is NOT Reid
2. We don't have Kelce

Kelce is a top 3 top TE in the league; however, here are the TE numbers from the Chiefs over the past 3 years:

2022 receptions:
Kelce = 110
Gray = 28

2021 receptions:
Kelce = 92
Bell = 9
Gray = 7

2020 receptions:
Kelce = 105
Keizer = 6

Assuming EB will run an offense somewhat similar to Reid's, I see a problem here: we don't have a TE or combo of TEs who can put up those types of numbers.....not even close. Again, we can't expect Kelce-like production; however, if EB will utilize TEs, then we need a pass-catching TE. Here is our TE catches from 2022.

Thomas = 39
Bates = 14
Rogers = 5
Turner = 2

Those numbers will not cut it if EB wants to build a Reid-like offense. If he follows the Reid blueprint, then one of those will need to grab at least 70-80 balls. I don't think Bates is capable and we simply don't know if Turner or Rogers can. At this point, I think the answer is no. Can EB mold 1 of them in to Kelce 2.0, maybe.

We do have a YOUNG TE room and Rivera might NOT view TE as a strong or urgent need. I am simply stating that I am betting that EB will want an experienced TE who can catch the ball and he will want it quick. Again, assuming EB runs an offense similar to Reid, a stud pass-catching TE is needed and I do not see that player on the roster right now. I would rather have one stand-out, superior TE than 3 mid-round drafted TEs.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with a lot of what you and Skinsdad are saying. Here is what I am trying to say.

The Andy Reid offense relies heavily on the TE. A couple of things here, as:

1. EB is NOT Reid
2. We don't have Kelce

Kelce is a top 3 top TE in the league; however, here are the TE numbers from the Chiefs over the past 3 years:

2022 receptions:
Kelce = 110
Gray = 28

2021 receptions:
Kelce = 92
Bell = 9
Gray = 7

2020 receptions:
Kelce = 105
Keizer = 6

Assuming EB will run an offense somewhat similar to Reid's, I see a problem here: we don't have a TE or combo of TEs who can put up those types of numbers.....not even close. Again, we can't expect Kelce-like production; however, if EB will utilize TEs, then we need a pass-catching TE. Here is our TE catches from 2022.

Thomas = 39
Bates = 14
Rogers = 5
Turner = 2

Those numbers will not cut it if EB wants to build a Reid-like offense. If he follows the Reid blueprint, then one of those will need to grab at least 70-80 balls. I don't think Bates is capable and we simply don't know if Turner or Rogers can. At this point, I think the answer is no. Can EB mold 1 of them in to Kelce 2.0, maybe.

We do have a YOUNG TE room and Rivera might NOT view TE as a strong or urgent need. I am simply stating that I am betting that EB will want an experienced TE who can catch the ball and he will want it quick. Again, assuming EB runs an offense similar to Reid, a stud pass-catching TE is needed and I do not see that player on the roster right now. I would rather have one stand-out, superior TE than 3 mid-round drafted TEs.
I completely understand and don't disagree with your reasoning. If Washington can get a high-end pass-catching TE that would be great! Our team has holes to fill every season and we have yet to address the biggest one of all IMO... QB!

EB needs someone who can reliably run his offense, I'm not saying that SH can't, in fact, he probably will do a decent job but I'm tired of settling for the middle and low ends of the player totem pole. I'm with you if there's a really talented TE in this draft who's available when our turn comes and they're absolutely convinced that he's the key piece over other glaring needs. Again, we don't disagree on Rivera not viewing TE as a strong urgent need and that too leads me to believe that it won't be a top-of-the-mind selection.

In the meantime, I read this and found it interesting that others aren't as confident in Howell as some here are.

Potential destinations should the Bears trade QB Justin …

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Poten...0j69i61.2795j0j1&pglt=41&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531#

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand and don't disagree with your reasoning. If Washington can get a high-end pass-catching TE that would be great! Our team has holes to fill every season and we have yet to address the biggest one of all IMO... QB!

EB needs someone who can reliably run his offense, I'm not saying that SH can't, in fact, he probably will do a decent job but I'm tired of settling for the middle and low ends of the player totem pole. I'm with you if there's a really talented TE in this draft who's available when our turn comes and they're absolutely convinced that he's the key piece over other glaring needs. Again, we don't disagree on Rivera not viewing TE as a strong urgent need and that too leads me to believe that it won't be a top-of-the-mind selection.

In the meantime, I read this and found it interesting that others aren't as confident in Howell as some here are.

Potential destinations should the Bears trade QB Justin …

Potential destinations should the Bears trade QB Justin Fields - Bing
If I am EB, I have serious concerns about this offense.

If true that he is "excited about Sam howell", then he must believe the following:

Oline upgrade is needed
TE upgrade is needed

The reid offense doesn't need a stud rb to carry it. EB inherits 2 talented and young rbs. This might be the most talented wr group he has worked with. As such, I am guessing he is satisfied with the rb and wr rooms.

I am not convinced.that he really believes SH is the answer, and I doubt he took the job and felt comfortable with the talent on offense right now. This is a team that has pumped most of the high draft picks and cap I to the defense under Rivera.

I really don't know what is in EBs head except the Oline and TE upgrade needs. If I was EB, I would have told Rivera that an experienced qb is needed to run his offense. Perhaps he floated the name of carr and fields? What I am confused by is if Rivera and EB sat down and both agreed with 100% confidence that howell is our future. I find it hard to believe that EB is going to have howell as his cornerstone after only seeing 20 nfl passes. If I was EB and this was my first OC shot, I would not put my job in the hands of what is essentially a rookie. Perhaps I am the one not seeing how good howell really is?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I have a pretty good perspective on Howell. That said our fellow poster @Shack doesn't share my opinion and essentially, if there was a vote would cancel my own and we'd need a tie-breaker. (I've just created a confidence poll.)

I'm hoping the EB looks at this offense and says to any and everyone... "Naw, we need major changes, except at our skill positions." Your points about upgrading at TE are well-regarded but I don't believe they are ready to give up on a very young TE room. What I will offer is a suggestion that despite hints at keeping Thomas, he's probably on a cutting block. They'll cite health and cost as reasons to move on.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I have a pretty good perspective on Howell. That said our fellow poster @Shack doesn't share my opinion and essentially, if there was a vote would cancel my own and we'd need a tie-breaker. (I've just created a confidence poll.)

I'm hoping the EB looks at this offense and says to any and everyone... "Naw, we need major changes, except at our skill positions." Your points about upgrading at TE are well-regarded but I don't believe they are ready to give up on a very young TE room. What I will offer is a suggestion that despite hints at keeping Thomas, he's probably on a cutting block. They'll cite health and cost as reasons to move on.
The oline is priority number 1 regardless of who the qb is.

It seems like Rivera and EB think howell is it. Who knows?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also excited. What we dont know is EB power on the team. You said if he demands a TE he will get it. Did you mean at draft time, like the example i proposed? Can he override RR/Mayhew and pick that TE he wants? Or FA, will he have final say on what offensive FA's he wants? This is what duke and I have been going back and forth about.
However it comes to fruition, TE is an important position to his offense and no one we have now is qualified. IF EB says get me a TE, he will get one via draft or FA.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Rivera taking EB taking under his wings and training him on how free agency and the draft is run. However, Rivera makes the final call as he is the one responsible.
We need Rivera to teach EB everything he can as hopefully EB is our next coach. If EB has experience with all things on and off the field, he can work more effectively with the new GM.
I am hoping and praying our new GM will be the chiefs assistant GM once someone buys us. EB is hopefully the bridge between snyder and the new owner.
We need to be the Washington chiefs in my opinion.
Now that Bezos is snooping around I cannot help but feel excited Danny Boy's time in DC is coming to an end. :yes:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline is priority number 1 regardless of who the qb is. (Agreed)

It seems like Rivera and EB think howell is it. Who knows?
I have ran many PFF similator drafts with trades, no trades etc. Picking at 16 is not ideal either way but there will be a very good/starter caliber player sitting there however, we have holes to fill on the OL as well as defense. I feel as if our best opportunities to improve the team immediately would be to trade down a few spots (Possibly with JAX) and pick up 2 picks. That's 4 picks to draft best player available to fill OL, OL, CB, LB positions then finish out the draft.

Once FA begins, then target 1 OL, 1 TE, & 1 LB in that order of priority. With this mindset, tag Payne for this year. With the additional 2nd rounder should we find a successful trade partner, "IF" Hooker is there, I'm taking him as insurance and competition for Howell. Reminds me of Hurts and he will thrive under EB. If Hooker is there, I target an OL in FA heavily to add to my 2 rookies and Paul. Bolded players below I would like from rounds 1-4. securing 2 OL, 1 CB, 1 LB.

OL Draft Late round 1, round 2: (5-6 projected to go round 1)
Harrison, OU, OT
Jones, OSU, OT
Schmitz, MINN, C
Wright, TENN, OT

Bergeron, SYR, OT
Mauch, NDST, OT
Vorhees, USC, OT, G
J. Patterson ND, C

Olawatimi, MI, C
Ekiyour, Jr., ALA, OG

CB w/additional 3rd rounder: (12-14 projected to go rounds 1-3)
Eli Ricks, ALA, CB

DJ Turnder, MI, CB
Hodges-Tomlinson, TCU, CB
Phillips, UT, CB

LB to target end of round 3 or 4th:
Campbell, IA, LB
Williams, Tulane, LB

Asante, UA, LB

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a big fan of Thomas because he simply cannot stay on the field. I think he was a one-year wonder and he needs to go. He is not fast at all and I think injuries have caught up to him.

I like Turner and Rogers but the jury is still out on them. Bates continues to develop but seems best suited for blocking. Turner seems to me to be the best option at developing into a pass-catching TE.

That being said, I believe Howell needs an above-average TE out of the gate. A solid TE is a rookie's best friend. IMO, Howell doesn't have that right now.
There are ways to work around that TE spot for now if need be. Because Kelce is all world people are over emphasizing. OL and CB are my priority.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2yrs ago Thomas caught 70 balls . What we have to understand is that some guys with potential will have to be a answers. SH , Turner / Rogers at TE , Paul at OH ( maybe cosmi at OG )

I don’t see us making much progress through FA with the sale ongoing .
the draft and bargain basement FA is likely

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting o-line right, from what we have, to FA to the draft...IMO is the biggest key.
TMac, Dotson and Samuel all can destroy single coverage, teams won't be able to double Terry anymore and not pay for it.
Give Howell time to execute the plays, and we should be highly competitive every game.
With Payne coming back, and likely Young being more effective fully healed, i'm not too worried about the defense, other than LB.
Thats a bigger priority to me than CB

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young has reported to the NFL combine where initial reports are that his height is 5' 10.5". If true I believe that his stock will drop a bit but not much because of the desperate need for QBs in the league. So, now the question surrounding the #1 pick in the draft becomes, will it be for someone other than Young?

Coleridge Bernard " C. J. " Stroud IV suddenly could be the target at the #1 spot and does Houston still have interest in moving up from the #2 spot to the top spot as assurance in drafting Young?

This draft and offseason are going to be filled with drama!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Young has reported to the NFL combine where initial reports are that his height is 5' 10.5". If true I believe that his stock will drop a bit but not much because of the desperate need for QBs in the league. So, now the question surrounding the #1 pick in the draft becomes, will it be for someone other than Young?

Coleridge Bernard " C. J. " Stroud IV suddenly could be the target at the #1 spot and does Houston still have interest in moving up from the #2 spot to the top spot as assurance in drafting Young?

This draft and offseason are going to be filled with drama!
Hell I think 5’ 10.5 is better. I thought he was 5’ 9. Lol

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I think 5’ 10.5 is better. I thought he was 5’ 9. Lol

Short in stature or not, he is a baller and measuring his heart and ability to perform at a high level in the NFL cannot be measured or determined by measurements of 5'10.5" or as you joked 5'9". It's going to be interesting to revisit this draft to see how it all pans out. In the meantime, here's one report on his combine measurables and reaction to it.

Texans 'Scared to Death' to Draft Bryce Young? QB's True Height …

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short in stature or not, he is a baller and measuring his heart and ability to perform at a high level in the NFL cannot be measured or determined by measurements of 5'10.5" or as you joked 5'9". It's going to be interesting to revisit this draft to see how it all pans out. In the meantime, here's one report on his combine measurables and reaction to it.

Texans 'Scared to Death' to Draft Bryce Young? QB's True Height …

He’s got the talent. I’d just be concerned how he’s gonna hold up against 300 pound linemen

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Allen was disappointed by Bryce's play this year. :noidea:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange hire. I wonder what drew EB to him? There appear to be no ties:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't envy EB at this point because he's in a "no-win" situation. I have no doubt that any success that he has will be contributed to nothing that he's done but to his having a complete reliance upon Andy Reid's playbook.
OTOH, there's a real possibility that his chances at success will be tempered by both the lack of true talent at QB and the dysfunction of the organization. Could Howell be that rare player who has been undervalued and biting at the bit to get his chance... yeah, is it realistic to place your future on such a player... absolutely not!

I have yet to comment on the sale or pending sale of the team and will not do so now beyond making the observation that new owners may come in with a completely clean house approach and as such tagging EB as unwanted once again. On a personal note, If I was involved in new ownership, I would want to retain him as our new HC.

Last edited: