• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder is going to give Ron everything he needs. If the Skins win even after he's gone Dan is the type of guy that will say to himself and anyone who will listen that "they are winning with my guy, the guy I hired."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he supposed to say Dean? Don't root for this team...we will stink...LOL. I already said I was on board with the hire, I just don't want him being the GM in the process.

So you aren't a troll or agenda poster? Got it...

Funny that TH said to get fired up but you decided to not pursue that.

You didn't answer my question about EB running an offensive draft or offensive free agency. I guess you are too fired up right now.

As my buddy Chiller said "you do you Deano"

i told you. the sportcenter report I saw, sorry i don't have the link. Said he will be in charge of offensive personel.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to get sold.
Screenshot_20230223-123530_Instagram.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i told you. the sportcenter report I saw, sorry i don't have the link. Said he will be in charge of offensive personel.
And you are ok with that because he told you to be fired up? You keep saying you are excited but claim to have no clue what EB will be doing.

You literally think he should be in charge of offensive free agency and the offensive draft. I understand that SportsCenter allegedly said this, but that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

Why do we have a GM then and what is Rivera's role in this?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are ok with that because he told you to be fired up?

You literally think he should be in charge of offensive free agency and the offensive draft. I understand that SportsCenter allegedly said this, but that doesn't mean it is the right thing to do.

im ok with Eb having a list of offensive players he wants in FA and the draft and the team getting them for him. IF they said EB has full control, he should be able to get the groceries to make the dinner.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with Eb having a list of offensive players he wants in FA and the draft and the team getting them for him. IF they said EB has full control, he should be able to get the groceries to make the dinner.
So what if Rivera and Mayhew are not on board? Who has final authority with offensive personel?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if Rivera and Mayhew are not on board? Who has final authority with offensive personel?

that is the huge question. I took that report of full control by saying EB gets to pick his offensive personnel. I can't prove it but that's how i took the reports from the media. FWIW, why would you hire EB has your OC/AHC if you are not going to let him get the players, he wants to run his offense.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the huge question. I took that report of full control by saying EB gets to pick his offensive personnel. I can't prove it but that's how i took the reports from the media. FWIW, why would you hire EB has your OC/AHC if you are not going to let him get the players, he wants to run his offense.
So there is now confusion in our front office and we don't know who is running the show? Rivera, Mayhew, and EB will all be in a standoff when it comes to which offensive players (and how many) we acquire and their contracts?

I understand what you are saying, but it makes no sense and will lead to contention and confusion.

EB should have input and make requests, but he should NOT have final say. I don't want a non-traditional set up for this team. We do this over and over again and it never works. There must be a clear chain of authority to eliminate confusion. I want coaches to coach and GMs to run the player acquisition. It has been a mess with Rivera calling the shots..why make it worse?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is now confusion in our front office and we don't know who is running the show? Rivera, Mayhew, and EB will all be in a standoff when it comes to which offensive players (and how many) we acquire and their contracts?

I understand what you are saying, but it makes no sense and will lead to contention and confusion.

EB should have input and make requests, but he should NOT have final say. I don't want a non-traditional set up for this team. We do this over and over again and it never works. There must be a clear chain of authority to eliminate confusion. I want coaches to coach and GMs to run the player acquisition. It has been a mess with Rivera calling the shots..why make it worse?

Let me give you an example. The draft. Lets say for argument sake TE is the best option on the board. We didnt get one in FA. The two top Te;'s that are available are Mayer and Kincaid. Who is going to make that decision on which one we get? I think its EB. Are you saying it should be Mayhew? I saying EB will make that choice. Am I wrong?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give you an example. The draft. Lets say for argument sake TE is the best option on the board. We didnt get one in FA. The two top Te;'s that are available are Mayer and Kincaid. Who is going to make that decision on which one we get? I think its EB. Are you saying it should be Mayhew? I saying EB will make that choice. Am I wrong?
With what I think should happen, yes, the GM should make the final call because that is their job. That is how successful teams are run.

We have a GM/Coach-centric platform, as such, the HC (Rivera) has final authority. As I have stated, I am against this setup.

What I think and will happen are two different things.

In your example, which is a good one, I think the following will happen:

TE is identified as the target with the upcoming pick by Rivera
EB makes his recommendation and Mayhew makes his recommendation
If Rivera is comfortable with the suggestion of EB, he calls in the pick.

I think adding in an additional layer of EB causes confusion and makes things muddier to an already ineffective process.

How it should happen, hopefully under the new ownership once fully onboarded:

The GM reviews the draft board and targets BPA at a position of need
The GM asks for final input from the Head Coach and coordinator over that position plus the lead scout
The GM submits the pick

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what I think should happen, yes, the GM should make the final call because that is their job. That is how successful teams are run.

We have a GM/Coach-centric platform, as such, the HC (Rivera) has final authority. As I have stated, I am against this setup.

What I think and will happen are two different things.

In your example, which is a good one, I think the following will happen:

TE is identified as the target with the upcoming pick by Rivera
EB makes his recommendation and Mayhew makes his recommendation
If Rivera is comfortable with the suggestion of EB, he calls in the pick.

How it should happen, hopefully under the new ownership once fully onboarded:

The GM reviews the draft board and targets BPA at a position of need
The GM asks for final input from the Head Coach and coordinator over that position
The GM submits the pick

This is where we disagree. I am not saying you are wrong. Im saying if they gave EB full control of the offense, he would choose the TE he wants. If he wants Mayer and RR/Mayhew wants Kincaid. The pick should be Mayer. Why? b/c he supposedly has "total Control: of the offense. Thats why they brought EB in. To run his offense. If EB thinks he can run his offense better with Mayer he should have the opportunity to take him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean you are totally wrong . JDR also has a seat at the table with a list of wants and needs . It’s the job of the FO to determine what is priority and what isnt and how things are addressed.

EB has control of the offense he wants to use and who wins positions based on performance. That’s the control the press is talking about . The job of the FO is to get the players and the job of EB is to coach them

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree. I am not saying you are wrong. Im saying if they gave EB full control of the offense, he would choose the TE he wants. If he wants Mayer and RR/Mayhew wants Kincaid. The pick should be Mayer. Why? b/c he supposedly has "total Control: of the offense. Thats why they brought EB in. To run his offense. If EB thinks he can run his offense better with Mayer he should have the opportunity to take him.
Again this is foolish , EB can and should suggest a player but other things come into play one being signabilty. Who is his agent ? Things like that

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the reason why I am pushing back on not being "excited" about giving EB total and full control. No other team is run like that in the NFL.

If RR wants Kincaid, he out ranks EB and the team should select Kincaid in your example. It literally makes no sense to have a HC over the defense and a HC over the offense. Because RR is our defacto GM, he should have the ultimate say so. Who is the tiebreaker if there is a disagreement?

EB should NOT have full and total control over the offense including GM responsibilities. It causes confusion and is simply NOT done. To my original point, why would you or anyone be on board with EB being the offensive GM? What experience does he have in drafting and signing free agents. We have gone through this crap show with Rivera for 3 years now and it has been a mess. Believe it or not, Rivera had more experience than EB with front-office decisions by virtue of being a head coach for so long.

I am completely against the scenario in which EB over-rides Rivera/Mayhew when it comes to acquiring offensive personnel. The set up could be just like you say. If it is, it will fail miserably. It would not surprise me though as it is widely known we have one of the worst front offices in the league.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean you are totally wrong . JDR also has a seat at the table with a list of wants and needs . It’s the job of the FO to determine what is priority and what isnt and how things are addressed.

EB has control of the offense he wants to use and who wins positions based on performance. That’s the control the press is talking about . The job of the FO is to get the players and the job of EB is to coach them
This is what I am trying to say but you said it much better.

Am I the only one who thinks that EB will NOT have GM duties?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this is foolish , EB can and should suggest a player but other things come into play one being signabilty. Who is his agent ? Things like that
This is my understanding as well.
It would cause chaos in a crowded front office to begin with.