• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that at some point, RR will begin to feel uncomfortable having guys that he's comfortable with and personally hired, replaced by people he doesn't know?

I think he knows this when he hired EB. Looks like EB is calling the shots on offense coaches and players.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he knows this when he hired EB. Looks like EB is calling the shots on offense coaches and players.
Of course, he knows it, that had to be part of the hiring negotiations, but the question is, how comfortable or uncomfortable do you think he's becoming with these changes?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, he knows it, that had to be part of the hiring negotiations, but the question is, how comfortable or uncomfortable do you think he's becoming with these changes?

i agree that was part of the deal. I have been saying it all along. EB has the keys to the offense. It depends on if these changes make him win.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try this one

Greg Lewis at WR coach makes sense. He also makes sense as a RB coach as well. It would be a lateral move so permission would be needed is my understanding.

No clue who Tavita Pritchard is. A google search says he is the Standard QB/OC. He appears to have no ties to EB/Reid/Chiefs so that makes no sense. Unless Standford runs the type of offense that EB wants to run. If I were EB, I would try to talk Chad Henne into being his QB coach. Henne worked with him for 5 years and knows the offense. Perhaps Henne wants time off and is not interested in coaching. Everything is a rumor at this point.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't Dean.

The GM and coach have the final say on which offensive players are acquired and signed. Skinsdad and now I have told you that. That is NOT how the NFL works.

We should be VERY concerned if EB is literally calling the shots on all offensive players who are brought in and signed. If JCR doesn't have that authority, why in the world would EB? JDR has literally been a head coach and DC multiple times, yet, he doesn't have the final say on all things defense.

EB should strongly recommend and request players yes, but he doesn't have the final say on all things with the offense, including players. I am completely against that setup if true, as it is NOT practiced in the NFL if true.

The fact that you are excited to literally give full head coaching-like authority to a coach who has never been a true OC and has never called a play is astounding to me. You are doing the same thing you did with Scott Turner and Carson Wentz: you are trying to get the board poster all excited and jump up and down about the latest change like you.

What you are describing was like "The Office" set up when Jim and Michael were "co-Managers". Co- head coaches doesn't work Dean. I know you are a desperate fan but use some common sense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he isn't Dean.

The GM and coach have the final say on which offensive players are acquired and signed. Skinsdad and now I have told you that. That is NOT how the NFL works.

We should be VERY concerned if EB is literally calling the shots on all offensive players who are brought in and signed. If JCR doesn't have that authority, why in the world would EB? JDR has literally been a head coach and DC multiple times, yet, he doesn't have the final say on all things defense.

EB should strongly recommend and request players yes, but he doesn't have the final say on all things with the offense, including players. I am completely against that setup if true, as it is NOT practiced in the NFL if true.

The fact that you are excited to literally give full head coaching-like authority to a coach who has never been a true OC and has never called a play is astounding to me. You are doing the same thing you did with Scott Turner and Carson Wentz: you are trying to get the board poster all excited and jump up and down about the latest change like you.

you don't know that for sure b/c you are not inside the building. EB has more power than a normal NfL OC. You dont know how that deal went down when RR hired EB. I don't know either. I am just reading what the media says.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that at some point, RR will begin to feel uncomfortable having guys that he's comfortable with and personally hired, replaced by people he doesn't know?
He made his bed, he’ll have to sleep in it

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't know that for sure b/c you are not inside the building. EB has more power than a normal NfL OC. You dont know how that deal went down when RR hired EB. I don't know either. I am just reading what the media says.
But common sense says that the GM and HC have FINAL say on ALL football-related matters. That is how the NFL is run Dean. Skinsdad exaplaind that to you but you refuse to accept anyones opinion other than your own.

EB might have more authority than the normal OC. Again, if he has more authority than the normal OC, that should give us all pause. There are more experienced OCs who have called plays who are "normal" OCs. Why should EB have more power and authority on offense than Kellen Moore or Ken Dorsey? Reid was the mastermind behind the Chiefs offense and playcalling...not EB. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that. I like EB, but I do not think he should have a full blank check to do whatever he wants and have full control over anything and everything on offense. That is why we have head coaches. EB has never been a traditional OC before until just now. It will take time.

But that is your game. You get excited about something and post non-stop about it to get converts or a fan club. We could hire Homer Simpson and you would tell the board it was a wonderful hire.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But common sense says that the GM and HC have FINAL say on ALL football-related matters. That is how the NFL is run Dean. Skinsdad exaplaind that to you but you refuse to accept anyones opinion other than your own.

EB might have more authority than the normal OC. Again, if he has more authority than the normal OC, that should give us all pause. There are more experienced OCs who have called plays who are "normal" OCs. Why should EB have more power and authority on offense than Kellen Moore or Ken Dorsey? Reid was the mastermind behind the Chiefs offense and playcalling...not EB. Any Chiefs fan will tell you that. I like EB, but I do not think he should have a full blank check to do whatever he wants and have full control over anything and everything on offense. That is why we have head coaches. EB has never been a traditional OC before until just now. It will take time.

But that is your game. You get excited about something and post non-stop about it to get converts or a fan club. We could hire Homer Simpson and you would tell the board it was a wonderful hire.
I see your point., I'm just reading what the media says. How am I posting non-stop? Why are you telling me when to get excited? Are you serious?

Duke, are you for or against the EB hire?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point., I'm just reading what the media says. How am I posting non-stop? Why are you telling me when to get excited? Are you serious?

Duke, are you for or against the EB hire?
You post non-stop about issues you want to convert posters to. Like Chiller said yesterday, you tend to troll. Chiller's word was good long before you came into the picture. If Chiller says something, it is more than likely true.

You posted non-stop about Carson Wentz for 9 months and would NOT let it go. You were on here Thanksgiving and Christmas Day trying to convince us all about Wentz. Now that you were proven wrong, you want to drop it. You easily forget the numerous arguments you caused about it.

You get overly excited about the teams moves and act confused when posters don't follow your lead. Word of advise, don't get so worked up about these types of things.

I am for EB being hired and said that months ago. I even said he would get hired.

I would be against giving him complete and full authority over the entire offense. He does not have the experience to do something like that and it is simply not done in the NFL.

Again, I see things objectively and am a realist. You have literally called me out for not showing more faith and hope. This isn't a Billy Graham crusade.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You post non-stop about issues you want to convert posters to. Like Chiller said yesterday, you tend to troll. Chiller's word was good long before you came into the picture. If Chiller says something, it is more than likely true.

You posted non-stop about Carson Wentz for 9 months and would NOT let it go. You were on here Thanksgiving and Christmas Day trying to convince us all about Wentz. Now that you were proven wrong, you want to drop it. You easily forget the numerous arguments you caused about it.

You get overly excited about the teams moves and act confused when posters don't follow your lead. Word of advise, don't get so worked up about these types of things.

I am for EB being hired and said that months ago. I even said he would get hired.

I would be against giving him complete and full authority over the entire offense. He does not have the experience to do something like that and it is simply not done in the NFL.

Again, I see things objectively and am a realist. You have literally called me out for not showing more faith and hope. This isn't a Billy Graham crusade.

lol. Chiller said its doable we can get the #1 overall pick for Payne. SO according to you "it is more than likely true.

I gave my opinion about Wentz. It didt work out how many times do you want me to say it? wow.

Well, we have no way of proving if EB got complete and full authority over the entire offense. Media states that he did but of course it could be lies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Chiller said its doable we can get the #1 overall pick for Payne. SO according to you "it is more than likely true.

I gave my opinion about Wentz. It didt work out how many times do you want me to say it? wow.

Well, we have no way of proving if EB got complete and full authority over the entire offense. Media states that he did but of course it could be lies.
Let's chat a bit about @Chiller's point.

Unlikely as it may be, Daron Payne on the non-exclusive tag opens the market for others to actually bid for his services, correct? The cost of signing him to a contract proposal is two first-round draft picks. Washington, if Chicago as reported has targeted Payne this offseason, would then be in a position to get their first-rounder this year and next year. That makes it "doable" even though the odds against the Bears doing such a thing are enormous, improbable, beyond reasonableness, cray-cray, or whatever other characterization you'd choose to employ.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's chat a bit about @Chiller's point.

Unlikely as it may be, Daron Payne on the non-exclusive tag opens the market for others to actually bid for his services, correct? The cost of signing him to a contract proposal is two first-round draft picks. Washington, if Chicago as reported has targeted Payne this offseason, would then be in a position to get their first-rounder this year and next year. That makes it "doable" even though the odds against the Bears doing such a thing are enormous, improbable, beyond reasonableness, cray-cray, or whatever other characterization you'd choose to employ.

I thought the two teams can negotiate draft compensation for the franchise player. It doesn't have to be 2 first round picks. Payne could be dealt for any draft compensation to the Bears. I asked Bears fans about this, and they said that they don't see the Bears giving up draft capital to get Payne. But you never know.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the commanders franchise payne and are open to trading him, then they should expect something better in return than the third round comp pick they’ll get if they release him to free agency.

That much is common sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the two teams can negotiate draft compensation for the franchise player. It doesn't have to be 2 first round picks. Payne could be dealt for any draft compensation to the Bears. I asked Bears fans about this, and they said that they don't see the Bears giving up draft capital to get Payne. But you never know.
Nope NFL rules state clearly that the compensation for signing an offer sheet under the non-exclusive tag will be two first-round draft picks. The first one in the current year and the next one the following year. If Washington put the non-exclusive tag on Payne and Chicago jumps (stop me from laughing but you never know) the Commanders would have the top pick in this draft and their first next year. "Doable" but highly unlikely!

Here's the rule in summation:

"The non-exclusive tag allows a player to negotiate with other NFL teams when the free agent signing period begins on March 15, but if he signs an offer sheet with another club, his team has five days to match the offer. If the offer is not matched, his team will receive two first-round picks as compensation from the signing team."

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuing that line of thinking, if the Bears trade down from 1,1, then they might bery well be interested in trading their new first round pick for Payne, depending on where it is in the draft.

That would also be “doable.” :D

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope NFL rules state clearly that the compensation for signing an offer sheet under the non-exclusive tag will be two first-round draft picks. The first one in the current year and the next one the following year. If Washington put the non-exclusive tag on Payne and Chicago jumps (stop me from laughing but you never know) the Commanders would have the top pick in this draft and their first next year. "Doable" but highly unlikely!

Here's the rule in summation:

"The non-exclusive tag allows a player to negotiate with other NFL teams when the free agent signing period begins on March 15, but if he signs an offer sheet with another club, his team has five days to match the offer. If the offer is not matched, his team will receive two first-round picks as compensation from the signing team."

If this the case, then the commanders should absolutely tag him with the non-exclusive franchise tag and see if anybody bites.

I like Payne a lot, but two additional #1’s could do wonders.