• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy new OC

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like he has to leave in order for Washington to get the picks.

"The employer-club of a minority employee who has been hired by another club as its Head Coach or Primary Football Executive (General Manager) shall receive Draft choice compensation in the form of a compensatory Draft pick in the third round in each of the next two Drafts for an employee hired as either a Head Coach..."
That's what I thought. Appreciate it @Niner Outlaw

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so I am going to say some things about Sam Howell, who played for UNC. As I have said on here before, I am an NC State guy so I hate all things UNC. But, it doesn't keep me from recognizing game.

3 years ago, Sam was just an absolute stud a UNC. His stats that year were 68.1% completions, 299 yard passing/game, 30 TDs/7 INTs and had a 179 passer rating. He ran for 146 yards and 5 TDs. He had a pretty solid O line and he was surrounded by 4 skill positions that were in the NFL the following year (RB's Javonte Williams (Denver) & Michael Carter (Jets) and WR's Dyami Brown (Us) & Dazz Newsome (Chicago).

He went into his final season as the projected #1 pick for the next draft. Problem was he lost all of the guys I just listed and they didn't have replacement level talent really for any of those 4 guys. All the positive things about Howell were still there and he has a great arm. Problem was his O line was a group of turn styles that couldn't block anyone and they had a putrid defense. His stats his last season were 62.5% completion rate, 255 yards/game, 24 TDs/9 INTs and a passer rating of 154.2. But his rushing numbers increased to 828 yards and 11 TDs. To me, there wasn't that much of change in the passing numbers, he just didn't have as good of talent around him as the year before. HIs rushing output was impressive and he didn't have time to go through progressions, so he ran it a lot.

As I said, I hate UNC but I was really hopeful that the Commanders would draft him but I didn't think we had a chance because he was going to go so high in the draft. He dropped because his team wasn't as good and they had a disappointing season.

But there was nothing to justify him falling to the 5th round. Maybe 2nd or 3rd round but not the 5th. IMO, he was going to be a steal in the 3rd round. I absolutely still can't believe we got him in the 5th round. Everyone is really high on new UNC QB Drake Maybe but as of now, Howell was better. The only QB I would have taken above Howell in last year's draft would be Kenny Pickett. He is better than Desmond Ridder and Malik Willis. He was better than Trey Lance, Mac Jones and Justin Fields. I think the biggest knock on him was his accuracy as it wasn't as good as some of the other QBs. Personality wise, I always heard he was a little too arrogant, but what NFL player doesn't have a little too much of that? And he had a poor Wonderlic score.

I think Justin Fields is probably the best QB to compare against. Howell was a much better passer. While he isn't as fast as fields, he could make many of the impressive runs that Fields had last season. And he gives us a great goal line threat. NFL defenses will absolutely have to account for him as a runner on each of those snaps inside the 10 yard line and that opens it up a little more for the WR's and TE's. We got a guy IMO that is much closer to being a 1st round talent than a 5th round talent.

And now I fell dirty from saying this postive things about a former UNC player
I completely respect your observations and won't argue against them, what I will do is ask a few questions to see how you respond to them.

1. How do you rate the level of competition by conference ACC vs Big10 vs SEC etc.? and...
2. Could that account for his drop from round 1 to 5?
3. What metrics are you using to compare him to Fields?
4. Take another look at Baker Mayfield I'll bet you see Howell. Neither Mayfield nor Howell are anywhere close to being the most accurate quarterback in the PFF College era (2014-present): Fields.
5. What are your thoughts on Phil Longo's offensive scheme?
6. Thoughts on these comparisons? Pay particular attention to passing stats:
2020Javonte Williams 2,271 rushing yards and 27 TDs >>> 2021 Ty Chandler 1092 rushing yards and 14 TDs
2020Michael Carter 1,245 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs, 267 receiving yards.>>> 2021 D.J. Jones 253 yards, 0 TDs/Brooks 295 yards, 4 TDs
2020Dyami Brown 55 Rec 1.099 yards 8 TDs >>> 2021 Josh Downs 1335 yards 8 TDs
2020Dazz Newsome 54 passes 684 yards and 6 touchdowns >>> 2021 Antoine Green 612 yards 5 TDs.

* Downs is rated as the 4th or 5th best Wideout in the upcoming draft>>> Dyami Brown was rated as a mid-3rd to 4th round selection
* Green is rated as the 41st best receiver in the upcoming draft 7th round >>Dazz Newsome was rated as a 7th round selection (6th)

2020 O-line >>>>>>>>>>>> 2021 O-line

LT = Asim Richards >>>> Asim Richards​

LG = Joshua Ezeudu>>>> Joshua Ezeudu

C = Brian Anderson>>>> Brian Anderson

RG =Marcus McKethan>> Marcus McKethan

RT =Jordan Tucker>>>> Jordan Tucker

TE = KAMARI MORALES>>>> KAMARI MORALES

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were not winning with TH. It was the run game and defense. I don't buy the "he wasn't ready statement." TH had more experience in the offense b/c he has been with Turner, but Howell IMO was the better player. Water under the bridge now.
I just posted sonme very interesting stuff on Howell in college, perhaps it was the run game that had everyone excited about him because his receivers put up numbers pretty close if not better than those who were drafted into the NFL. In fact he had a guy projected to be a top 4 WR in this draft and Dyami Brown his top receiver the prior year that everyone is raving about was projected to be a 7th round pick. (Washington drafted him in round 6)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to give you a little more..........to wet your whistle so to speak...............a few hot takes (assuming Howell start all season long in 2023) after now hiring EB:

1 - Howell will finish in the top 6 of QB rushing yards/TDs in 2023 (maybe top 5)

2 - Howell will put up 30 total TDs in 2023 (something like 22 passing and 8 rushing)

3 - Howell will put up better total stats than Daniel Jones in 2023

4 - Howell will be better than any of the 1st round QB's taken in the upcoming draft in 2023

5 - Howell will have more rushing TDs than either Brian Robinson or Antonio Gibson in 2023

6 - McLaurin will have more deep ball targets in 2023 than any previous year

To close out, here is a good highlight video on Howell's time in college

We'll see!

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted sonme very interesting stuff on Howell in college, perhaps it was the run game that had everyone excited about him because his receivers put up numbers pretty close if not better than those who were drafted into the NFL. In fact he had a guy projected to be a top 4 WR in this draft and Dyami Brown his top receiver the prior year that everyone is raving about was projected to be a 7th round pick. (Washington drafted him in round 6)
I will respond to your questions tomorrow. But we drafted Dyami Brown in the 3rd round, not the 6th

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of Ohio State QBs starting in the NFL?

ACC starting QBs. Jones, Jackson, Pickett and really Russell Wilson too.

Stefon Diggs .... you might have heard of him. PG County guy that played at Maryland.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 11 games of this past season, an NFL QB posted these exact numbers...

62.9 comp % 15 TD/7 INT 92.2 passer rating 996 rush yds 7 rush TD

Here are your choices: (Good luck!)

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Brock Purdy
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Justin Fields
5. Geno Smith
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Jared Goff

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number of Ohio State QBs starting in the NFL?

ACC starting QBs. Jones, Jackson, Pickett and really Russell Wilson too.

Stefon Diggs .... you might have heard of him. PG County guy that played at Maryland.
What about Watson and Lawrence? It’s really not even close. not Sure what the hang up is with the whole draft position thing after they are on the league.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 11 games of this past season, an NFL QB posted these exact numbers...

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Brock Purdy
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Justin Fields
5. Geno Smith
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Jared Goff
Wow! 11 games! not sure who it is, but by looking at these numbers, he must be a running back?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We drafted Brown in the 3rd round in 2021.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Brock Purdy
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Justin Fields
5. Geno Smith
6. Patrick Mahomes
7. Kirk Cousins
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Jared Goff
10. Christian McCaffrey

A truly great quarterback in this league

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Watson and Lawrence? It’s really not even close. not Sure what the hang up is with the whole draft position thing after they are on the league.
Sometimes it's not really funny and your sense of decency kicks in to help others out when they fall short, so here it is and I'll do this in a way that hopefully is received as an act of kindness.

Comparing one team and what they've produced against an entire conference makes zero sense.

Further, to compound such offerings in a manner that looks remarkably close to an attempt to deflect from an inability to offer something of value to an ongoing conversation or open, sometimes heated debate, says more about the person doing that than the silly comparison. We can all do better!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now going into a 4th year with a lot of the Carolina connections still in place. Rivera was comfortable with this and it has to be a slight blow to his sense of comfort that EB is attempting to replace "his guys."

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now going into a 4th year with a lot of the Carolina connections still in place. Rivera was comfortable with this and it has to be a slight blow to his sense of comfort that EB is attempting to replace "his guys."

right. EB is getting his guys in there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right. EB is getting his guys in there.
Do you think that at some point, RR will begin to feel uncomfortable having guys that he's comfortable with and personally hired, replaced by people he doesn't know?