• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, why when he says it, is it 'Thanks?' But when I say it, it's argue some more about the point? Heh.

Did you say that?

You were talking about something else. talking about the defensive line while I was asking about the formation. i Sat there in real time when they lined up thinking I can't believe they're throwing it here (before the snap).

But again, Caroll has made mistakes in championship games before (see his playcalling on the final drive against Texas in the 05 NCG).

But again, the link I posted for the NBA shows that it can be both bad play and bad officiating on one play. It happens.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say that?

You were talking about something else. talking about the defensive line while I was asking about the formation. i Sat there in real time when they lined up thinking I can't believe they're throwing it here (before the snap).

But again, Caroll has made mistakes in championship games before (see his playcalling on the final drive against Texas in the 05 NCG).

But again, the link I posted for the NBA shows that it can be both bad play and bad officiating on one play. It happens.

Not to mention Lynch ran the OTHER way than a RO type play.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say that?

Yes, that we run out of that formation all the time, THUS, the Pats being in their jumbo package.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that we run out of that formation all the time, THUS, the Pats being in their jumbo package.

Just the RO?

To be fair had they run a fake RO we're not even having this conversation. We're only talking about Butler getting away with even worse DPI than the Ravens DB did a few years before that. Both times there should've been more flags on the field than the 4th of July.

Because faking the RO keeps Lynch in the play. Once he runs away from Butler it's clear it's a pass.

Idk if Seattle runs this alot, but a fun call there would've been a speed draw.

Tenn used to run it with McNair (out of a 5 wide or 4 wide and a te set) and Carolina obviously does it alot now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the RO?

To be fair had they run a fake RO we're not even having this conversation. We're only talking about Butler getting away with even worse DPI than the Ravens DB did a few years before that. Both times there should've been more flags on the field than the 4th of July.

Because faking the RO keeps Lynch in the play. Once he runs away from Butler it's clear it's a pass.

Idk if Seattle runs this alot, but a fun call there would've been a speed draw.

Tenn used to run it with McNair (out of a 5 wide or 4 wide and a te set) and Carolina obviously does it alot now.

Stop talking about a penalty. That's hindsight. When Bevell made the call BEFORE the play was run, was it a bad call or not? NOT BASED ON THE OUTCOME! NOT BASED ON THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.

Based on the NE formation, and on the % outcome.

JMR posted the stats as to how many passes from the 1 had been intercepted that whole season.

Did you read that?

So with that down/distance, the % chance of an INTC, and needing/wanting to preserve the last timeout, was that an acceptable call to make?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once he runs away from Butler it's clear it's a pass.

Bzzt. Butler doesn't wait that long to diagnose slant. If he DOES it's an easy TD. He breaks on the route, jumps the route IMMEDIATELY.

He GUESSES RIGHT
He BACKS UP THE GUESS WITH THE PHYSICAL PLAY
He KIRK GIBSONS THE SEAHAWKS.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop talking about a penalty. That's hindsight. When Bevell made the call BEFORE the play was run, was it a bad call or not? NOT BASED ON THE OUTCOME! NOT BASED ON THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.

Based on the NE formation, and on the % outcome.

JMR posted the stats as to how many passes from the 1 had been intercepted that whole season.

Did you read that?

So with that down/distance, the % chance of an INTC, and needing/wanting to preserve the last timeout, was that an acceptable call to make?

I don't like a pass play there designed to be caught short of the GL if your argument is time and the timeout situation.

I don't like throwing to the guy who is arguably the worst player on the field.

I don't like throwing over the middle there because it's the most likely place for bad things to happen.

Running another play to baldiwn where it's either TD or bust (because he's the only guy on that side of the field) or getting that giant WR Matthews matched up on a smaller CB for a jump ball were much better calls. As was the roll out.

Putting wilson on a slant call is not playing to his strengths, as another one of your seahawks fans pointed out i this thread. Play to your teams strengths.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bzzt. Butler doesn't wait that long to diagnose slant. If he DOES it's an easy TD. He breaks on the route, jumps the route IMMEDIATELY.

He GUESSES RIGHT
He BACKS UP THE GUESS WITH THE PHYSICAL PLAY
He KIRK GIBSONS THE SEAHAWKS.

I meant Wilson.

Lynch running away from Wilson. Not running across the play like it could be a RO.

My bad.

He's only Kirk Gibson if Gibson used a corked bat.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like a pass play there designed to be caught short of the GL if your argument is time and the timeout situation.

I don't like throwing over the middle there because it's the most likely place for bad things to happen.

Running another play to baldiwn where it's either TD or bust (because he's the only guy on that side of the field) or getting that giant WR Matthews matched up on a smaller CB for a jump ball were much better calls. As was the roll out.

Putting wilson on a slant call is not playing to his strengths, as another one of your seahawks fans pointed out i this thread. Play to your teams strengths.

Right in HINDSIGHT it was a bad call.

I'm not asking you if it was the BEST call.

I want you to admit that it wasn't (%'s) a BAD call.

And you don't need to gild the lilly about Lockett being the worst player on the field. That's bullshit. The guy is a really great athlete, and has things he does really really well. Being a go to guy as a pass catcher isn't his strength. But Bevell wasn't asking him to do anything outrageous, just catch a slant.

And bullshvt on that throw being the most dangerous place on the field. There wasn't any traffic there, and that's WHY THEY CALLED IT!!!!!

There were 4 guys. That's it. Only one of them was in position to make a play. ONE! He didn't tip it to someone else, ala Avril to Malcolm Smith in the year previous SBowl. He went and got the ball. BY HIMSELF!

Two guys. Lockett and Bulter.

Butler made a play. That's it. End of story.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More sloppy logic.

A corked bat is something you do AHEAD OF TIME to cheat.

A bang-bang play on the field (penalty or not) isn't the same thing, and you know that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right in HINDSIGHT it was a bad call.

I'm not asking you if it was the BEST call.

I want you to admit that it wasn't (%'s) a BAD call.

And you don't need to gild the lilly about Lockett being the worst player on the field. That's bullshit. The guy is a really great athlete, and has things he does really really well. Being a go to guy as a pass catcher isn't his strength. But Bevell wasn't asking him to do anything outrageous, just catch a slant.

And bullshvt on that throw being the most dangerous place on the field. There wasn't any traffic there, and that's WHY THEY CALLED IT!!!!!

There were 4 guys. That's it. Only one of them was in position to make a play. ONE! He didn't tip it to someone else, ala Avril to Malcolm Smith in the year previous SBowl. He went and got the ball. BY HIMSELF!

Two guys. Lockett and Bulter.

Butler made a play. That's it. End of story.

It wans't close to the best play.

It wasn't playing to your team or your players' strengths.

It was just like the 05 NCG when Carroll, instead of ramming it home with Lendale white) had Leinart throw a pass to the fullback. It bounced. Saved texas alot of time and got them zero yards.

Cute is not always the answer. Get the ball in the hands of your best players and let them make plays. Or even the hot hand (Matthews) who BB could only stop if he got Browner on him.

Plus NE was horrific even in their GL defense all year.

No Seattle didn't execute the play well at all. Not Wilson. Not Lockette. Not Kearse.

But it wasn't even close to the best call to make there. Esp since Lynch just ripped through for like 5 yards against that defense that you're so afraid of now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Wilson.

Lynch running away from Wilson. Not running across the play like it could be a RO.

My bad.

Read up on the play. The info is out there. Butler and Browner diagnosed what was happening, and Browner did his bit by not letting Kearse rub the two of them off, and Butler did what Butler did. Both guessed IMMEDIATELY, and both guessed right.

This isn't me saying this, this is the people involved in the play.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More sloppy logic.

A corked bat is something you do AHEAD OF TIME to cheat.

A bang-bang play on the field (penalty or not) isn't the same thing, and you know that.

There really is not a baseball hitter equivalent to DPI.

The bottom line is "he made a play" is nothing more than "he got away with breaking the rules."

Just cause it's late in the game the rule book shouldn't be thrown out. They actually talk about that all the time at my referee meetings (I do basketball). By NOT calling things by the book at the end you are deciding games. That's what happened here. They call it by the book, SEA still has the ball at the 1 with 20 seconds left and no time outs. They still aren't guaranteed to win anything.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read up on the play. The info is out there. Butler and Browner diagnosed what was happening, and Browner did his bit by not letting Kearse rub the two of them off, and Butler did what Butler did. Both guessed IMMEDIATELY, and both guessed right.

This isn't me saying this, this is the people involved in the play.

And if you faked a RO like you claim the formation was supposed to do, that doesn't happen.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wans't close to the best play.

It wasn't playing to your team or your players' strengths.

It was just like the 05 NCG when Carroll, instead of ramming it home with Lendale white) had Leinart throw a pass to the fullback. It bounced. Saved texas alot of time and got them zero yards.

Cute is not always the answer. Get the ball in the hands of your best players and let them make plays. Or even the hot hand (Matthews) who BB could only stop if he got Browner on him.

Plus NE was horrific even in their GL defense all year.

No Seattle didn't execute the play well at all. Not Wilson. Not Lockette. Not Kearse.

But it wasn't even close to the best call to make there. Esp since Lynch just ripped through for like 5 yards against that defense that you're so afraid of now.

We're getting SOOOOO close. I'm not arguing it was the best play. AGAIN, my mental vote as they broke the huddle was the rollout.

I STILL don't KNOW that that would have worked (see how hindsight works?) Because Browner is a good enough athlete that he COULD have stopped Wilson. COULD have caused a fumble. COULD have ended the game.

1 INTC all year on passes thrown from the 1 yd line.

Was it a bad call BEFORE THE PLAY WAS RUN or not?

Not BEST call.

BAD CALL.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is not a baseball hitter equivalent to DPI.

The bottom line is "he made a play" is nothing more than "he got away with breaking the rules."

Just cause it's late in the game the rule book shouldn't be thrown out. They actually talk about that all the time at my referee meetings (I do basketball). By NOT calling things by the book at the end you are deciding games. That's what happened here. They call it by the book, SEA still has the ball at the 1 with 20 seconds left and no time outs. They still aren't guaranteed to win anything.

Boo freaking hoo. Who cares?!!!!

It's whining!!!!!

The emotionally fragile '05 Hawks were cooked when their early TD to Darryl Jackson was called back on OPI which was a REALLY questionable call. They never recovered from that. SO WHAT????!!!!! NOBODY CARES!!! The Steelers won. The Seahawks lost!

What SHOULD have happened is irrelevant. Ref's DO call games differently late in games (or they wouldn't go over that with you!!!!!)

Boo-hoo.

He made a play is what happened.

28-24 is what happened.

Quit whining.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you faked a RO like you claim the formation was supposed to do, that doesn't happen.

Woulda' coulda' shoulda. WEAK. Quit whining.

Was it a bad call by the percentages before he made it?

You won't answer it, because the answer is no.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woulda' coulda' shoulda. WEAK. Quit whining.

Was it a bad call by the percentages before he made it?

You won't answer it, because the answer is no.

Yes. Putting the ball in the hands of your worst player and not even using your best player as a decoy in that situation is simply a bad job.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo freaking hoo. Who cares?!!!!

It's whining!!!!!

The emotionally fragile '05 Hawks were cooked when their early TD to Darryl Jackson was called back on OPI which was a REALLY questionable call. They never recovered from that. SO WHAT????!!!!! NOBODY CARES!!! The Steelers won. The Seahawks lost!

What SHOULD have happened is irrelevant. Ref's DO call games differently late in games (or they wouldn't go over that with you!!!!!)

Boo-hoo.

He made a play is what happened.

28-24 is what happened.

Quit whining.

Stating facts is not whining.

Look it up.

Dictionary.com

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q said:
Yes. Putting the ball in the hands of your worst player and not even using your best player as a decoy in that situation is simply a bad job.

Back to more emotional language. He's not the worst player. I missed where they lined up Brian Walters, or sprinted out a backup tackle to catch the TD.

And FFS, they DID use Lynch as a fvcking decoy. How many times do I have to say it?

The only guys lined up over there who weren't expecting Lynch to run were Butler and Browner.

You don't get to make up your own reality Q. Well who the fuck am I kidding, you get to try. In your own brain you succeed.

You just don't get to make it everyone's reality.