• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bevell

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He win you over last year? With both Lynch and Rawls out I think he did a great job.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me ... I was hoping we would a replaced him already... He did respectful last year though I'll admit... I'll always be a little bitter towards that guy...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 in scoring.

"Replace the guy"

:L

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell won me mover a couple years ago. The Hawks have been a top 10 offense the past 2 years with NO OFFENSIVE LINE TO WORK WITH!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been kind of a mixed bag with Bevell. Statistically, he's been at the helm of one of the best offenses in the league for a while now. That he's done it despite an offensive line that has been anywhere from mediocre to awful for as long as he's been here and a multitude of injuries to other players on the offensive side of the ball is worth praising him for. That being said, as quick as he's been to adapt his offense to the players he has and as open to suggestion as he's been (like when the team went with the zone-read offense towards the end of 2012 and looked like the best offense in the league for a month and a half), on a game-to-game basis, his playcalling can be frustrating and his penchant for sticking to a gameplan for an entire half before changing things up despite obvious issues makes you scream at the TV at times. I think really the only time I was really open to seeing him go was after the Super Bowl against New England. I kind of jumped on that bandwagon for a bit and then jumped back off when I considered how good the offense had been with him coordinating it to that point.

I've said for a while that I think he's gonna be here for as long as Carroll is here or until his offense puts up a stinker of a season without the excuse of major injuries to fall back on. Unfortunately for the people who don't like him, that could take a while.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's something better out there, by all means make the move. Otherwise, continuity is good.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you NOT watch the 1st half of the panthers playoff game? how do you not realize almost immediately that the field is trash and adapt?

he will continue to call half games, we will continue to do nothing for one half then turn it on when we are losing and desperate. the only thing that can really prevent that is wilson having an MVP year from game one.

he will never "win me over", not ever.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you NOT watch the 1st half of the panthers playoff game? how do you not realize almost immediately that the field is trash and adapt?

he will continue to call half games, we will continue to do nothing for one half then turn it on when we are losing and desperate. the only thing that can really prevent that is wilson having an MVP year from game one.

he will never "win me over", not ever.

Take that up with Carroll.

That goes back to his pound the rock - don't take chances mentality. Because he knows what most fans dont. And that is that making a bunch of in game adjustments on the fly whenever things aren't going well, snowballs to more negative plays more times than not. That's why you see them make slight adjustments as the game goes on, then make their bigger adjustments on the possession right before the half to try it out, then get everyone on the same page in the locker room, then roll in the second half.

It's a core philosophy of Carroll's. And you know what? It works more times than not.

As far as the Carolina game... How about the fact that they were playing a good team on their field and the players were making mistakes early on? Maybe Wilson throwing a pick - 6 on the first offensive possion had something to do with the slow start?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry sonny, but its a repeating pattern with bevell. too many games has the offense fallen flat on its face in the 1st half. all the criticisms apply to bevell, wilson has had game winning 4th quarter drives in almost 40% of their wins. this speaks to how piss poor bevell is for the 1st half of most games.

the carolina game was just the latest incarnation of this weakness. his complete inability to adjust before half time is a huge weakness. you could tell on your couch that the field was a complete disaster and they did nothing to adjust to it. slinging the ball all over the place with the sun in our receives faces. it all made zero sense.

sick and tired of people blaming bevell's ineptness on carroll btw. i do blame carroll for keeping the worthless piece of shit around as long as he has though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry sonny, but its a repeating pattern with bevell. too many games has the offense fallen flat on its face in the 1st half. all the criticisms apply to bevell, wilson has had game winning 4th quarter drives in almost 40% of their wins. this speaks to how piss poor bevell is for the 1st half of most games.

the carolina game was just the latest incarnation of this weakness. his complete inability to adjust before half time is a huge weakness. you could tell on your couch that the field was a complete disaster and they did nothing to adjust to it. slinging the ball all over the place with the sun in our receives faces. it all made zero sense.

sick and tired of people blaming bevell's ineptness on carroll btw. i do blame carroll for keeping the worthless piece of shit around as long as he has though.

It's part of Carroll's philosophy. They work together, along with 50 other people all week on a game plan. Carroll signs off on game plan. They go in to the game, and if it's not working, Carroll doesn't want to shift the phsyce of the team dramatically at the first sign of trouble.

I'm not blaming Carroll. Because theres nothing to blame, the philosophy works, it's proven to do so.

Dismissing Carroll's hand in this when everyone knows how much control he has in every facet of the team? I don't understand that..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some things never change. Bevell has been in charge of a offense that been near the top more often then not. This despite unfortunate moves like trading for Harvin or Graham ( I file this under bad luck). This despite never having a kick ass OL or until now, a really decent WR corp. He obviously made some smart moves last year to compensate for a piss poor OL, but it failed when going against strong Defenses like the Panthers. Smoke and mirrors can only do so much, at the end you need talent. No Lynch ( he looked washed up anyways) no Rawls, your left with FA shrubs at RB it was a awesome job by Bevell to try and compensate.

We are fortunate to have Bevell as OC

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell did a decent job last year. Still I think the Seahawks offense being good has less to do with Bevell's playcalling and more to do with Wilson being able to pull plays out of his ass. My biggest complaint with Bevell is he doesn't have too much creativity and can become far too predictable. 4 straight run/run/pass 3 and outs to start the game? On the 5th possession I'll call run/run/pass. But I don't really see much use in complaining about it. If the Seahawks were gonna can Bevell it would have happened already.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things never change. Bevell has been in charge of a offense that been near the top more often then not. This despite unfortunate moves like trading for Harvin or Graham ( I file this under bad luck). This despite never having a kick ass OL or until now, a really decent WR corp. He obviously made some smart moves last year to compensate for a piss poor OL, but it failed when going against strong Defenses like the Panthers. Smoke and mirrors can only do so much, at the end you need talent. No Lynch ( he looked washed up anyways) no Rawls, your left with FA shrubs at RB it was a awesome job by Bevell to try and compensate.

Bevell is a mix bags for me.... I"m confident the Seahawks would do just fine under a different OC ... Wilson is a smart kid, and would adapt quickly.... I don't think we'd miss a beat ... But it's clear he's obviously not going anywhere anytime soon, so I hope the guy does well and call's good games...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

our offense is what it is because of wilson. not bevell, not even lynch. what was our offense ranked when terdvaris was our QB? 23rd. 1200 yards for lynch and 12 TDs, yet still ranked 23rd. couldnt complete a game winning drive to save his life.

if we fired bevell tomorrow and hired almost anybody it would be near impossible to get worse.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell did a decent job last year. Still I think the Seahawks offense being good has less to do with Bevell's playcalling and more to do with Wilson being able to pull plays out of his ass. My biggest complaint with Bevell is he doesn't have too much creativity and can become far too predictable. 4 straight run/run/pass 3 and outs to start the game? On the 5th possession I'll call run/run/pass. But I don't really see much use in complaining about it. If the Seahawks were gonna can Bevell it would have happened already.

Except that second half of the season wasn't Wilson running around pulling plays out of his ass. It was all designed stuff. Quick reads, quick delivery, timing patterns. All drawn up and designed by Bevell. Russ ending up leading the NFL in QB rating, Russ having the best rating IN THE POCKET in the NFL.

So unless some of those rook OL's turn out to be the second coming of Jones and Huck Futch, we're going to see more of that right off the bat in '16.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that second half of the season wasn't Wilson running around pulling plays out of his ass. It was all designed stuff. Quick reads, quick delivery, timing patterns. All drawn up and designed by Bevell. Russ ending up leading the NFL in QB rating, Russ having the best rating IN THE POCKET in the NFL.

So unless some of those rook OL's turn out to be the second coming of Jones and Huck Futch, we're going to see more of that right off the bat in '16.

i can recall plenty of plays that were pulled out of his ass. i also recall doug baldwin going after bevell for being such a worthless cunning runt. i also recall wilson almost single handedly winning the game against minnesota with a play pulled so far out his ass he had to reach for his tonsils.

Heh. Patently ridiculous.

what, you dont believe in wilson?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can recall plenty of plays that were pulled out of his ass. i also recall doug baldwin going after bevell for being such a worthless cunning runt. i also recall wilson almost single handedly winning the game against minnesota with a play pulled so far out his ass he had to reach for his tonsils.

what, you dont believe in wilson?

Oh ffs. Take the entire Minnesota game and throw it away. That was an outlier, and c'mon dude, you're WAAAAY smarter than that. Nobody on either team could do fuck all on offense that day.

And yes I believe in Wilson. I ALSO believe in him transitioning into what he is now, a guy who uses his brain to frustrate opponents just as much as his arm/legs. Because I want to enjoy his superlative play for another 10 years minimum.

Heh, ADB got mad at someone in one game? You don't say! I wonder how much problem he has with him after scoring a Seahawks record for TD's and cashing that seven million dollar signing bonus.

Again, if you can get a proven top flight O-coordinator, then fire Bevell. If you can't, then you don't make change for change's sake.

What was that second half of the regular season? What were those numbers? Who called those plays?

You don't get to make up your own reality.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our offense is what it is because of wilson.

You don't say! You mean, getting a legitimate starting QB to man the helm would make an offense better than playing a prototypical backup?! No one could ever guess.

Wilson has played every down of his NFL career with the same OC. How good would Wilson be if he'd had a different OC, we'll never know. But, what we do know is how good he is with Bevell, and that should be more than encouraging to any Seahawk fan.

Like most teams, Seattle goes the way Wilson plays. Would you believe that Wilson has a pedestrian 85.9 passer rating when he loses, and averages nearly a pick a game? By contrast - Wilson has a 107.7 rating when he wins - and his interceptions are cut in half.

Actually, no matter where our offense ranks, aren't we glad that we run a system that our QB thrives in so much that he wins 71.6% of the time and helps him have a rating of 90 or higher in about the same amount of games. If the system works - and all the evidence points to the fact that it does work - then there is no reason to scrap it and start over.