• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder what comes of Saul and Kim's relationship.

She's obviously not in BB so I think at some point things will get strained or she ends up dead?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because a character wasnt in BB doesnt mean they didnt exist during that time. why would sauls relationships outside of his interaction with walt have ever been shown in BB?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because a character wasnt in BB doesnt mean they didnt exist during that time. why would sauls relationships outside of his interaction with walt have ever been shown in BB?

He was basically working 24/7 around the clock with Mike/Walt/Jesse.

There is no way they have a healthy relationship during the BB timeline.

I think it's mainly the point of his development.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the Odd Couple joke last night? The dialogue in this show is pretty funny despite the feel of the show being more of a drama.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was basically working 24/7 around the clock with Mike/Walt/Jesse.

There is no way they have a healthy relationship during the BB timeline.

I think it's mainly the point of his development.

But if this show is eventually going to involve the Breaking Bad timeline it will have to include some elements that weren't part of BB, right? I can't imagine it will just be BB stuff from a different POV. I think those seasons will be fun because it will show whatever else he had going on and how he juggles it with the BB storyline.

That being said I suspect he will have some sort of falling out with Wexler right around the time he changes his professional name (his brother probably dies around that time too), so she probably won't have a big part (if any) to play during the BB period but that's just a guess. I figure she'll probably resurface in his new life post BB.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if this show is eventually going to involve the Breaking Bad timeline it will have to include some elements that weren't part of BB, right? I can't imagine it will just be BB stuff from a different POV. I think those seasons will be fun because it will show whatever else he had going on and how he juggles it with the BB storyline.

That being said I suspect he will have some sort of falling out with Wexler right around the time he changes his professional name (his brother probably dies around that time too), so she probably won't have a big part (if any) to play during the BB period but that's just a guess. I figure she'll probably resurface in his new life post BB.

O yeah I know that when the timeline catches up to BB it's not just gonna be from his viewpoint. But I think it's pretty clear that they will at the very least have a falling out as I said and she won't really be a part of his life.

It's really the whole point to his character. She's still really the one thing keeping him as an ethical lawyer. He gave the money back to help her. At some part he makes the move to CRIMINAL lawyer and I think that's when the relationship crumbles as he becomes Saul.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there anything to those 3 most wanted photos they showed in the beginning of the "Bingo" episode... on the wall directly behind Saul & Mike as they sat on the bench in the APD??

The top pic was a latin dude...the middle one was a black dude w/ dreads...and the bottom one was of a bearded white guy.

The reason I ask is, they did a close up and pan down of those 3 pics from top to bottom...and the dude in the photo on the bottom looked just like that bearded guy from the restroom of the diner where Jimmy/Saul was meeting w/ the Kettlemans.

Saul was on the phone, and that guy was taking a wiz, then bumped into him as he left, just before Saul returned to the table.

I don't know...and it's probably nothing....but did anyone else happen to catch that?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there anything to those 3 most wanted photos they showed in the beginning of the "Bingo" episode... on the wall directly behind Saul & Mike as they sat on the bench in the APD??

The top pic was a latin dude...the middle one was a black dude w/ dreads...and the bottom one was of a bearded white guy.

The reason I ask is, they did a close up and pan down of those 3 pics from top to bottom...and the dude in the photo on the bottom looked just like that bearded guy from the restroom of the diner where Jimmy/Saul was meeting w/ the Kettlemans.

Saul was on the phone, and that guy was taking a wiz, then bumped into him as he left, just before Saul returned to the table.

I don't know...and it's probably nothing....but did anyone else happen to catch that?
I caught it. Thought it was pretty funny.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a directing standpoint i think the close ups of the posters and then the close up of sauls face was an artistic choice about the direction he will be headed....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he change his name to Saul Goodman? Do you think it's a business decision, or do you think he was trying to protect himself?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does he change his name to Saul Goodman? Do you think it's a business decision, or do you think he was trying to protect himself?
i hope it will be due to some spectacular blow up of his crazy brother or his nemisis at HHM gets caught up in some glorious scandal. so he is forced to not use the name mcgill name as a lawyer anymore because of the scandal associated to it.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i hope it will be due to some spectacular blow up of his crazy brother or his nemisis at HHM gets caught up in some glorious scandal. so he is forced to not use the name mcgill name as a lawyer anymore because of the scandal associated to it.

I'm leaning towards the self preservation angle.....so I guess it's a little of both of these, and a bit of satirical creativity...and truth be told, a lawyer w/ a jewish sounding name can be an asset.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards the self preservation angle.....so I guess it's a little of both of these, and a bit of satirical creativity...and truth be told, a lawyer w/ a jewish sounding name can be an asset.
i believe I remember him saying something like this in breaking bad.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome show. Just finished watching all 7 episodes over the weekend.

To the person asking why he changed his name. I believe it's used to drum up business as it's a play on words.

From one of the earlier episodes there was a flashback to Cicero where he said, "It's all good man!".

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think his big brother is jealous of him, and even went as far as to make sure he never got hired at his firm. Going to have to watch that conversation that's drowned out by the noise of a photocopier again.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was pretty pumped to see that Chuck is going to be working with him on this new case. Looks like Chuck got a bit too excited. I'm anxious to see how that plays out and how Mike's storyline will factor into it.