• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it is his daughter, the BB connection is almost minimal. She really isn't even mentioned. The tie in is Mike is in the crime world to get money for his grand-daughter's college fund/future. We see the granddaughter in the series but not the daughter.

I guess all these character's paths for the most part eventually lead to Walter White....amirite?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig the song but it kind of annoys me how the intro just suddenly ends.

Another good episode last night as we start to pivot to getting some of Mike's backstory. I'm thinking the woman he was "staking out" is his daughter.

Yeah it's most likely his daughter. Either that of the chick his son knocked up. Either way it appears that she's not allowing him to see his grand-daughter for whatever reason.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's most likely his daughter. Either that of the chick his son knocked up. Either way it appears that she's not allowing him to see his grand-daughter for whatever reason.

Well, he is the guy who said "no half-measures". I wonder what happened to the Father of the girl, or if he's in the picture at all. Can't wait to see what they have planned for next week.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good series...

I have to keep reminding myself they probably have a long term outlook on this series like 3-4 more seasons to come, because I keep waiting for thing to happen. So far very slow pace, even slower than BB...I remember BB picking up majority after Walter and Jesse have to kill those two drug dealers.

Better Call Saul has yet to put me on the edge of my seat, like BB did. But again, I have to remind myself they have to carefully put all these pieces together because I imagine once the series is over it's over when Saul first meets Walt and Jesse.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent stuff!!!

Mike really integrated into the storyline now.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike was awesome in this episode. The flashback to Philly and him offing Hoffman and Fensky for killing his son was brilliant.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the best of the series so far. Felt so much like BB. I read somewhere that the cast and crew said episodes 6(this one) and 9 were the two gems of the season. I can see why on this one!!!

Banks needs the supporting Emmy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the best of the series so far. Felt so much like BB. I read somewhere that the cast and crew said episodes 6(this one) and 9 were the two gems of the season. I can see why on this one!!!

Banks needs the supporting Emmy.

I was thinking the same thing. Definitely an award winning performance. He just displayed an entire pallet of emotions to what was largely a one note character. And it was such a great episode too

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Definitely an award winning performance. He just displayed an entire pallet of emotions to what was largely a one note character. And it was such a great episode too

Yeah he has proven for year through BB to be great at portraying Mike as a dead eyed and cold man who doesn't let emotions get the better of him.

But tonight we got to see the more human side of Mike and what brought him to be the guy he was in BB and the source of his motivations. It was brilliant seeing him break down telling the story to his daughter in law.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the first things saul did on BB was suggest laundering money through Walter's cancer donation fund. he stayed that same flat, one-dimensional slimeball for like 60 episodes. and it was brilliant. putting walter side by side with him really showed his descent into evil well.

hank was the same in terms of one-dimensionality, and i'd have about as much interest in a show about him before BB as i do in saul.

mike is slightly more interesting, so that's one reason that I'm DVRing the show and waiting to watch them all when the season ends. i'll give it a try because it's gilligan, but i just can't imagine it not feeling like a big load of bullshit.
Well, now you should start watching. I feel like mikes character is going to evolve just as much as sauls throughout this series, starting with this last episode.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all these character's paths for the most part eventually lead to Walter White....amirite?
Yes, but Mike was already pretty deep into the criminal underworld before he ever met Walt or Jesse.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he has proven for year through BB to be great at portraying Mike as a dead eyed and cold man who doesn't let emotions get the better of him.

But tonight we got to see the more human side of Mike and what brought him to be the guy he was in BB and the source of his motivations. It was brilliant seeing him break down telling the story to his daughter in law.
It makes sense though. You don't become that void of emotions without being beaten down into the gutter.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was in the notepad that Mike wanted to see so badly? Was that how he found out it was his daughter-in-law that contacted the Philly PD (seemed a bit obvious already for him to use such tactics) or are his reasons for wanting that notepad yet to be determined?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was in the notepad that Mike wanted to see so badly? Was that how he found out it was his daughter-in-law that contacted the Philly PD (seemed a bit obvious already for him to use such tactics) or are his reasons for wanting that notepad yet to be determined?
The details behind the murders those guys were investigating. I think Mike needed to know what they knew so he could properly play the situation.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Saul. Couldn't get his office.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2