• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd, perhaps.
But, they always seem to be in the context of the lengths Jimmy is willing to go to win a case.

Remember when he took the bus just so he could mail all those letters to curry favor with the judge to win a case?

Yes and I think the scenes play as intended. But the change in tone and lack of realism just throws me a bit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she didn't fully trust him, then why ask him to marry her????

Because its showing if she wants the relationship to go on, she's gonna have to fully commit to the con ways of Saul Goodman. It's why the option is presented the way it. The first option she gave was the more "positive" one. They break off, just remember the good times they had and carry on with their lives. The second option is the negative option though. You don't think of marriage as negative, but in the context of the scene and how it plays out, it is.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Breaking Bad cameos tonight!

Lydia and Herr Schuller from Madrigal !!!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she didn't fully trust him, then why ask him to marry her????

I think Jimmy brought this up last episode. Something about if they are married then one can't be forced to testify against the other. Kim messed up by collaborating with Jimmy against the Bank.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Breaking Bad cameos tonight!

Lydia and Herr Schuller from Madrigal !!!
Lydia’s made a couple of appearances already though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally didn't understand how they didn't work smarter to get that pickup.

I don't think Mike anticipated killing the driver would cause the vehicle to wreck that violently. In reality, it wouldn't (the chance would be very slim to have it wreck where its undriveable) so you assume the characters are operating in a "real world" scenario. It was just bad luck. I guess you could say they should have waited for the driver to get out of the car but you could also say it wasn't worth the risk. There's a chance the driver kills Jimmy on sight as soon as he's in range and shoots him before even getting out of the car.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mike anticipated killing the driver would cause the vehicle to wreck that violently. In reality, it wouldn't (the chance would be very slim to have it wreck where its undriveable) so you assume the characters are operating in a "real world" scenario. It was just bad luck. I guess you could say they should have waited for the driver to get out of the car but you could also say it wasn't worth the risk. There's a chance the driver kills Jimmy on sight as soon as he's in range and shoots him before even getting out of the car.
I'd think the chances of even hitting the driver at speed are low and then you give up your surprise if you miss.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kim Wexler is awesome.

So now Lalo and Mike know that Kim is 'in the game'.
Time to sell Wexler stock?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Jimmy tries to get out of the game.
Fring sees the long term plan and has Mike kill Kim, but pins it on Lalo.
The moment Kim dies, Jimmy dies and Saul Goodman remains.
Fring makes his move and takes down Lalo with Saul's help to get his revenge.
Saul becomes beholden to Fring which leads up to the start of Breaking Bad.

Man, I sure hope I'm wrong and Kim reunites with Gene in the closing scene of the final season.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, I sure hope I'm wrong and Kim reunites with Gene in the closing scene of the final season.
I suspect that your final line could be the twist because everyone assumes she's gone or dead because she wasn't in breaking bad. I've always wondered why she even would be in breaking bad since we never see any of Saul's personal life.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am still not sure what Fring's game plan is. Mike works for Fring. Mike is working for Fring. Mike setup Lalo on charges and had him arrested. Then Mike helps Saul get the bail money to the court. Fring is setting up Lalo somehow but not sure what he is trying to do. Fring will have Lalo killed somehow.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect that your final line could be the twist because everyone assumes she's gone or dead because she wasn't in breaking bad. I've always wondered why she even would be in breaking bad since we never see any of Saul's personal life.

Except Saul mentions being married twice in Breaking Bad. Kim must be one of them.

In Green Light, the fourth episode of Breaking Bad's third season, Saul says to Walter White, "I caught my second wife screwing my stepdad. OK? It's a cruel world, Walt. Grow up.", setting up both two marriages and a particularly messy break up for the second.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Saul mentions being married twice in Breaking Bad. Kim must be one of them.

In Green Light, the fourth episode of Breaking Bad's third season, Saul says to Walter White, "I caught my second wife screwing my stepdad. OK? It's a cruel world, Walt. Grow up.", setting up both two marriages and a particularly messy break up for the second.
No. He had two divorces before Kim. That was covered in last week's episode.