• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1M in $100 bills (largest denomination) weighs about 22 lbs... so Saul is carrying 154 pounds (77 on each shoulder) 30 miles in the desert with VERY little supplies? Yah not buying that.

I do like how the show clearly makes it seem heavy and he even says "Why don't we have $1,000 bills?" but Saul is not that big of a guy.. the only option would've been to leave it and go back for it later (or for Mike to carry one bag - he's probably carrying only 15-20 lbs of gear, not sure what rifle he's using but even a .270 with a smaller scope which he has is going to be around 10 lbs).

I get it's television and very few people realize how heavy large amounts of cash actually are. I always laugh that Hollywood has bank robbers with HUGE bags of money just running out at marathon speed to the getaway vehicle. Yah you're not running with 80 lbs on ya unless you're some world class athlete.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Lalo and Mike know that Kim is 'in the game'.
Time to sell Wexler stock?

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Jimmy tries to get out of the game.
Fring sees the long term plan and has Mike kill Kim, but pins it on Lalo.
The moment Kim dies, Jimmy dies and Saul Goodman remains.
Fring makes his move and takes down Lalo with Saul's help to get his revenge.
Saul becomes beholden to Fring which leads up to the start of Breaking Bad.

Man, I sure hope I'm wrong and Kim reunites with Gene in the closing scene of the final season.

There's a chance Kim could be the first person to get "the cleaner" service. Could be difficult to film since Forster has passed, but there's work arounds. Saul comes across that service somehow. I'd be surprised if they never reveal how he found out about it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sure what Fring's game plan is. Mike works for Fring. Mike is working for Fring. Mike setup Lalo on charges and had him arrested. Then Mike helps Saul get the bail money to the court. Fring is setting up Lalo somehow but not sure what he is trying to do. Fring will have Lalo killed somehow.

They initially thought sending Lalo to prison would be the end of it. But since Lalo has connections on the inside and can still give orders, their plan didn't work out. Nothing changed. In fact, it could put them more at risk if its found out that Fring was behind it. So Fring has Mike going in to undo that original plan and covering their tracks.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1M in $100 bills (largest denomination) weighs about 22 lbs... so Saul is carrying 154 pounds (77 on each shoulder) 30 miles in the desert with VERY little supplies? Yah not buying that.

I do like how the show clearly makes it seem heavy and he even says "Why don't we have $1,000 bills?" but Saul is not that big of a guy.. the only option would've been to leave it and go back for it later (or for Mike to carry one bag - he's probably carrying only 15-20 lbs of gear, not sure what rifle he's using but even a .270 with a smaller scope which he has is going to be around 10 lbs).

I get it's television and very few people realize how heavy large amounts of cash actually are. I always laugh that Hollywood has bank robbers with HUGE bags of money just running out at marathon speed to the getaway vehicle. Yah you're not running with 80 lbs on ya unless you're some world class athlete.
They said Bob Odenkirk was literally carrying 150lb in the desert during this although they started taking some weight out each day as it was wearing on him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said Bob Odenkirk was literally carrying 150lb in the desert during this although they started taking some weight out each day as it was wearing on him.

Oh I'm sure for the scene, to make it look real... and that's a good idea because you move very differently with that weight on you, it looked authentic... and he was even complaining about it.

The unrealistic part is him walking THAT far in that heat with that kind of weight. He's obviously not walking the distance the show is saying he needs to walk as part of the set... and you made my point perfectly, they had to take some weight out even with the little he was walking lol (in real life).

Point being, if it was 'television' the only move that you could make is leave it and come back for it.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure for the scene, to make it look real... and that's a good idea because you move very differently with that weight on you, it looked authentic... and he was even complaining about it.

The unrealistic part is him walking THAT far in that heat with that kind of weight. He's obviously not walking the distance the show is saying he needs to walk as part of the set... and you made my point perfectly, they had to take some weight out even with the little he was walking lol (in real life).

Point being, if it was 'television' the only move that you could make is leave it and come back for it.
But acting is hard work...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an episode during season two there was a whole plot about no one changing the giant jugs of water in the office. Someone accuses Jimmy of avoiding changing them because he was too weak to lift them so he put 4 on a pole and carried them around (two on each side) the office the whole day. He finished the day, sweaty but still carrying them and that's when Kim first thought of him as more than an office mate.

So with the backstory they provided I think he could have carried the money around.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sure what Fring's game plan is. Mike works for Fring. Mike is working for Fring. Mike setup Lalo on charges and had him arrested. Then Mike helps Saul get the bail money to the court. Fring is setting up Lalo somehow but not sure what he is trying to do. Fring will have Lalo killed somehow.

A few episodes ago when Mike asks Nacho whether Lalo is out of the picture after he was arrested, Nacho says he's still making orders from jail and Mike says 'then he's not out of the picture.' So Gus/Mike's plan backfired since getting Lalo in jail didn't stop him from running things, so it seems apparent that they want to bail Lalo out so they can kill him and officially 'get him out of the picture.'

This raises the question of why they couldn't get an inmate/guard to kill Lalo, but from what we know about Gus, he has a hard time trusting people so he'd probably want someone in his inner circle to do it.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few episodes ago when Mike asks Nacho whether Lalo is out of the picture after he was arrested, Nacho says he's still making orders from jail and Mike says 'then he's not out of the picture.' So Gus/Mike's plan backfired since getting Lalo in jail didn't stop him from running things, so it seems apparent that they want to bail Lalo out so they can kill him and officially 'get him out of the picture.'

This raises the question of why they couldn't get an inmate/guard to kill Lalo, but from what we know about Gus, he has a hard time trusting people so he'd probably want someone in his inner circle to do it.
He specifically was asked by lydia why they don't have him killed in jail and it was because the cartel would blame it in him if it's in the US.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance Kim could be the first person to get "the cleaner" service. Could be difficult to film since Forster has passed, but there's work arounds. Saul comes across that service somehow. I'd be surprised if they never reveal how he found out about it

Yup

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much grief could Mike have saved everyone if he had just decided to take the shot on Lalo?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much grief could Mike have saved everyone if he had just decided to take the shot on Lalo?

Saved grief for Saul and Kim, but not for Fring. If Lalo turns up dead right now, then Eladio definitely knows Fring did it and that sets up a hell of a lot of grief for everyone in Fringland

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the Lalo stuff but for some reason the Jimmy relationship stuff is falling a little flat for me. Guess I just don’t care too much about what happens to Kim? I don’t know what it is.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love all the Lalo stuff but for some reason the Jimmy relationship stuff is falling a little flat for me. Guess I just don’t care too much about what happens to Kim? I don’t know what it is.
Seriously? She's the star of this show. Like I said earlier I don't necessarily think she has to get dealt with but that would have the biggest emotional impact. We never learn a single thing about saul's personal life in breaking bad so she may still be around.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? She's the star of this show. Like I said earlier I don't necessarily think she has to get dealt with but that would have the biggest emotional impact. We never learn a single thing about saul's personal life in breaking bad so she may still be around.

Ya. As soon as the focus was on their relationship it lost me a little. I like her character though.