• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in seeing how e'rything plays out with Lance, Chuck and his spill.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that, bro...he's as evil, sanctimonious...and probably as corrupt as they come.
He exudes the very definition of a corporate shyster.

I get how you can get that vibe. But we really have no proof.

Everything we have seen is he runs a very solid and ethical law firm. The best of the best. He just refused to hire Jimmy and we later learn its because he listened to Chuck.

He was harsh on Kim but she trusted Jimmy and it made them all look bad so he wasn't really out of line.

So far, Howard has come across as a pretty good dude overall just a little punch able at the same time.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy doesn't seem to worry that some of his old grift victims will recognize him in a big splash tv ad.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get how you can get that vibe. But we really have no proof.

Everything we have seen is he runs a very solid and ethical law firm. The best of the best. He just refused to hire Jimmy and we later learn its because he listened to Chuck.

He was harsh on Kim but she trusted Jimmy and it made them all look bad so he wasn't really out of line.

So far, Howard has come across as a pretty good dude overall just a little punch able at the same time.

Well he doesn't make it obvious or wear it on his sleeve like many of those types do.....his is a more hidden form...below the surface if you will, which makes it even that much more effed up, dangerous and unscrupulous. That shiny, ethical, compassionate veneer is all just a facade....imho.

Kim's law school loan which he forgave (and good for him for doing so)...was nothing but chump change to him anyway and probably a nice tax write off for the firm as well....and besides, I'm guessing she didn't go to Harvard, Yale or Stanford? It was probably some place like New Mexico State or UTEP. (not that there's anything wrong with that) ....but they aren't exactly Ivy League law $chools.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone hate Chuck? Jimmy is an asshole. I love him, but he's an asshole

When Chuck was telling the father story one of the details he mentioned was how he was named after his father, yet his father thought Jimmy could do no wrong. So to me it seems like a lot of Chuck's motivation is anger and jealousy at the more personable son. He was upset that the dinner party with his wife went well. Plus he cannot tell a joke as well as Jimmy.

Boy, the sound of Chuck's head on the counter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my take. Him dad was a mark, pure and simple. Jimmy was not exactly innocent as far as taking money from the til, but he was not responsible for the biz going under. His dad was. And we still have not met young-Chuck yet.

Which is probably the real reason why his Father refused to blame Jimmy.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the scene where Chuck "exposes" Jimmy in front of Kim. Even though Kim clearly can tell Chuck is right about Jimmy, she refuses to look past the fact that the firm still treated her like crap after she landed Mesa Verde, plus the fact that Chuck lured Mesa Verde back to Hamlin and McGill after they chose to do business with Kim. Chuck doesn't realize that in his own way he can be as sleazy as he thinks others perceive his brother to be.

It will be interesting to see what Kim's reaction to Chuck's accident will be. If she hadn't reminded Jimmy how smart Chuck was, Jimmy wouldn't have gone back to the print shop before Chuck did. That's not to say Kim is responsible for anything, but I'd be surprised if she didn't feel some degree of guilt.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just caught up with the last 3 episodes. This just keeps getting better.

Loved the Kim-Jimmy-Chuck scene. I think Kim knew that Chuck was right, and just wanted to move on. But boy, she is going to feel some guilt now after basically sending Jimmy out to cover his tracks, leading to Chuck's demise(?).

I also love how Mike's story is just slow burning in the back ground.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the scene where Chuck "exposes" Jimmy in front of Kim. Even though Kim clearly can tell Chuck is right about Jimmy, she refuses to look past the fact that the firm still treated her like crap after she landed Mesa Verde, plus the fact that Chuck lured Mesa Verde back to Hamlin and McGill after they chose to do business with Kim. Chuck doesn't realize that in his own way he can be as sleazy as he thinks others perceive his brother to be.

It will be interesting to see what Kim's reaction to Chuck's accident will be. If she hadn't reminded Jimmy how smart Chuck was, Jimmy wouldn't have gone back to the print shop before Chuck did. That's not to say Kim is responsible for anything, but I'd be surprised if she didn't feel some degree of guilt.

I definitely see where you're coming from. I think that while she knew Chuck was right about Jimmy, she saw through Chuck and knew he was screwing with her as well by trying to screw Jimmy. She knew that while what Jimmy did wasn't really ethical, it all could've been prevented if Chuck just let it go and moved on (like Howard was prepared to do). But of course, Chuck being Chuck, he always has to try to keep Jimmy down every chance he gets and figured he'd kill two birds with one stone by luring Mesa Verde back with HHM (knowing full well he'd one up Jimmy and piss him off and also likely to mess with Kim's start on her own to boot) and Kim can see through his BS.

As for her reaction, it could go numerous ways. My thoughts are that she could see how far down the rabbit hole Chuck is willing to go to keep his brother down and sympathize with Jimmy even more.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of why Kim played dumb is because Jimmy committed a felony. That's why she argued like a lawyer, mentioning things that could be used in court such as the fact that Chuck uses freaking lanterns as his primary light source at night.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I gotta ask you people.....

D'You think we get a season dedicated to Jimmy Post BB?

Scrambling, dealing, coping, with being stuck in Nebraska? Or just a random flash forward? Cuz even though we know we won't get anything post BB from BCS' BEST character, I want that to happen.

I could wait till season four though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I gotta ask you people.....

D'You think we get a season dedicated to Jimmy Post BB?

Scrambling, dealing, coping, with being stuck in Nebraska? Or just a random flash forward? Cuz even though we know we won't get anything post BB from BCS' BEST character, I want that to happen.

I could wait till season four though.

Not a full season but I fully expect the series finale, whenever that may be, to go back to present day Jimmy where he see him ditch that persona and go back to his grifting ways.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season finale tonight!!! C'mon Saul

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy's guilty conscious bit him in the ass. Never trust Chuck.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good theory about who wrote the note to Mike but probably not too shocking. Found out about this on Talking Saul.

An anagram of the first letter of each episode this season spells out FRING'S BACK.