• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best & worst drafts

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The VaGiants had an amazing draft.

The Lions did great.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand...

My guy Baalke killed it. :)

haven't looked at the worst drafts yet.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and Cardinals did well

Jets, Bills and Cowboys did not

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seemed like this draft was so deep in that above average talent range it was hard for teams to screw it up so I tend there will be far more positive grades on most teams than negative.

The Rams, Cardinals, and us killed it in the draft. The Seahawks had a pretty meh draft to me.

I think this draft will solidify the NFC West being the most brutal division in the league and it's unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me if it 3 teams go to the playoffs from it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks had a great draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams and Cardinals did well

Jets, Bills and Cowboys did not

agree on the Rams, Bills, and Cowboys. granted i'm just going by what i've read last few months, ie on paper.

in 2014, the Rams could be very good, on par with the 49ers and Seahawks? plus, they still get another extra 1st rounder.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys grade the Vikings draft?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They got great value on their first rounders, but I still think Hunter was a better prospect than Patterson.

i dunno, he has the measurables no doubt, but just how bad are his hands? cause unless he catches it, all the measureables don't matter?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i dunno, he has the measurables no doubt, but just how bad are his hands? cause unless he catches it, all the measureables don't matter?

I don't think Patterson's hands are any better than Hunter's. Hunter seemed to catch longer passes, whereas Patterson seemed to get more underneath stuff to get YAC. So Hunter's passes were going to be harder to complete anyway.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been reading the opposite, at least in the first 4 rounds.

I don't know, I think getting a talent like Percy Harvin in the first round is a pretty good pick. It's rare to get a guy who has established himself as a playmaker at the NFL level in the first round, or any round for that matter.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a pretty darn good one, thats for sure.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State

Name came up the most, lost all that talent

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No Baltimore mentions yet? What!?!?!?! Almost every pick they made was someone that I wanted on the 49ers. Matt Elam, Brandon Williams, John Simon, Ricky Wagner, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Aaron Mellette and Marc Anthony.

Green Bay fell off towards the end with me but as many have already heard I think they hit some home runs.

Cardinals were up and down throughout their draft I thought. Didn't like Mathieu, Okafor, or Swope. Stepfan Taylor at that point was an outstanding pick. Watch out for D.C. Jefferson as camps start to roll, too.

Falcons started out pretty darn good but initially I thought it fell off towards the end EXCEPT for the Renfree pick, which I liked for them. Disclaimer: I'd need to go back and look at some of their later picks again to cement my thoughts on that but right now their end wasn't that exciting.

Cincinatti's draft was SO predictable. Some up picks and some down picks. Just have to point that out.

The Cowboys had way too many solid picks for my liking.

The Lions. Was not a huge Ansah fan but they killed it with Slay and Warford and Devin Taylor was solid. Theo Riddick and Michael Williams were decent.

3 of Houston's first 5 picks (DeAndre Hopkins, D.J. Swearinger, and Trevardo Williams) were awesome picks for them.

For picking high, I was pretty underwhelmed with KC's draft (Alex Smith included). If you were going to go tackle at one, I'd have gone Eric Fisher myself but I didn't like most of their picks for them but it's a new staff so I need to throw that out there.

Too many people were too positive over Minnesota's draft, in my opinion.

New England's first two picks (Jamie Collins, Aaron Dobson) were scary but they fell off after that I thought.

Hankins and where they got Moore was very nice for NY.

Raiders got the best QB in the draft to me and they also got Sio Moore who I liked but the rest was underwhelming given where they picked.

Seahawks had far too many maddening picks for me as a 49ers fan (Jesse Williams, Tharold Simon, Spencer Ware, Ty Powell. What will they do with Jared Smith from New Hampshire, though? Still wondering.

Tavon Austin, Barrett Jones, and Brandon McGee to the Rams was very frustrating.

Tampa Bay - A lot of boom or bust.

Kansas City may have had my least favorite draft if I'm speaking as a neutral fan (Alex Smith included). Green Bay, even though they started to fall off just a bit and made more picks than I thought they would, and Baltimore had two of the best drafts this year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think a TE and a DE in their first 3 picks was predictable? If so you are the only person out there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hate to question anything Ozzie Newsome does, but I wasn't nearly as big a fan of Matt Elam & Brandon Williams as you were. I don't see any of 'em becoming great players; they were safe picks & could be solid contributors, but I think Elam is very limited in coverage & Williams is pretty 1-dimensional.

Simon needed to play ILB in a 3-4 IMO. That's the best fit for him.

I think the Ravens had a good draft (especially in the later rounds), but not a great one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If I had to pick the top 3 drafts, I'd say it was the Giants, Niners & Lions.