• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best & worst drafts

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

" Kiper's grade hinges mostly on his thoughts of Eric Reid, whom he had has his sixth-best safety"

The reason why I did not give us an A for our draft grade was due to the Reid pick. Nothing against him, but I think at #18 we placed ourselves at a great position to select SEVERAL better prospects than Reid. We didn't have to put an urgency at safety until maybe the 2nd or 3rd round. Kiper is wrong, I don't think Reid was that bad of a safety to be ranked the 6th best at his position, but he sure was not worth the #18 pick when there were several better players available at that spot. Simply put, we didn't maximize our pick in the first round. Other than that one pick, Baalke did a very good job. He reached for Vance, that's indisputable but Vance will be a good player in our scheme for various reasons (Roman's style, Vernon Davis' presence).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I did not give us an A for our draft grade was due to the Reid pick. Nothing against him, but I think at #18 we placed ourselves at a great position to select SEVERAL better prospects than Reid. We didn't have to put an urgency at safety until maybe the 2nd or 3rd round. Kiper is wrong, I don't think Reid was that bad of a safety to be ranked the 6th best at his position, but he sure was not worth the #18 pick when there were several better players available at that spot. Simply put, we didn't maximize our pick in the first round.

Could not agree more, Bingo - Reid at 18? A real head-scratcher.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not agree more, Bingo - Reid at 18? A real head-scratcher.

Welcome back, Bem. What else do you think of this year's draft. If I remember correctly, you don't enjoy the draft as much as others pre-draft, but obviously have your opinions after it. (Then again, I might be thinking about another regular here.)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back, Bem. What else do you think of this year's draft. If I remember correctly, you don't enjoy the draft as much as others pre-draft, but obviously have your opinions after it. (Then again, I might be thinking about another regular here.)

Hey MHSL82, How's life on SportsHoopla? As for the draft, I actually like the draft I'm just not much into the pre-draft hype. To answer your question, if our risks become rewards then this could be an A(+) draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note:

According to 49ers.com, Harbaugh has never seen someone cover kicks as well as Nick Moody, and he can't wait to see him do so.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In a 3-4? I will grant you Moore is probably a better 4-3 DE at this point (although Lemonier has a much higher ceiling & isn't considered a moron). However, you really wanted Demontre Moore to play in space at the NFL level? He's not even a speed rusher much less quick enough to play OLB. He's a technician guy who gets to the QB with leverage. It's extremely rare that he beats his guy around the corner.

Damontre Moore - DL - Giants

The Giants are grooming third-round pick Damontre Moore to be a hybrid stand-up outside linebacker and down defensive end.

Moore played both 3-4 rush 'backer and 4-3 end at Texas A&M as the Aggies switched schemes during his career. The Giants' current hybrid SLB/DE is Mathias Kiwanuka, though he's moving to end this season. At one point a projected first-round pick, Moore's stock fell due to questionable work ethic.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

May 12 - 6:09 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Interesting stuff about New England's draft:

Grading the Draft: New England Patriots

Jamie Collins/OLB/Southern Mississippi (Round 2, pick #52): Collins was a feared sack artist the past two seasons and made an unusual number of plays behind the line of scrimmage. He’s a terrific athlete who spent part of his college career at safety. Yet Collins is a much better fit on the outside of a 3-4 alignment versus the 4-3 scheme run by the Patriots. Our understanding is many of the Patriots scouts felt the same way and graded Collins as a last day pick. I’ve heard there was a lot of disagreement over this pick on Friday of the draft as many of the team’s scouts feel Collins is primarily a north defender and will need a lot of work playing in reverse. He possesses the physical talent but does Collins have the fire and aptitude to play in a more complex defensive scheme?

Duron Harmon/S/Rutgers (Round 3, pick #91): Harmon was another selection that had some in the Patriots war room scratching their heads. From what I’ve been told this was a situation where scouts were overruled and the brain trust made the choice. I was alerted in the weeks prior to the draft Harmon would likely be selected yet no one I spoke with thought he would be a top 100 choice.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Baltimore's Arthur Brown out 4-6 weeks for hernia surgery. That hurts; the rooks need all the time they can get.