• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best two way player in game today. Jayson Tatum. Ceiling ?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's impressive. Seeing as he doesn't play in Milwaukee anymore

ohhh... that's great for him! I knew that he rejected many other teams
(Rockets among them) but I guess he couldn't resist GSW...

Lets see how Sushi and 322 reacts now on the "trash" they were claiming he is... It seems that Kerr is not as stupid as many out of the worst team fans...

He does know the game well enough to recognize an obvious talent alright...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes it does...

It measures 2 stats. Blocks and steals. That's it. For some reason, I suspect that you don't see a problem with that.

I don't bother to look, but I know plenty that do.

Right. You know something without looking. That's hard core trolling right there.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks... You are excused to not know it, but we've managed and unofficially kept him in Mil and he will resign him next summer...

He rejected all the offers he had from other teams as a FA and will resign with the Herd and then, back to the Bucks during the summer!

LOL, do you know what Waivers are? It means that if a team waives you, as the Bucks did with Bender, it means that every single team in the NBA has a chance to pick up his contract. He was on a minimum deal. If any team out there wanted him this season, or going forward, they would have picked him up. But no one wanted him, so that's why he's on basically a try-out with the Warriors on a 10 day contract.

So he was more or so rejected by every other NBA team than vice versa.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @buckalis you seem to be the most knowledgeable nba poster in this board. If you had to guess on this tonight what would u say

miles bridges over / under 14.5 points

bam Abedayo over / under 4.5 assist

serious question. Anyone can chime in

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It measures 2 stats. Blocks and steals. That's it. For some reason, I suspect that you don't see a problem with that.

There is no tool that can measure more than steals, rebounds and blocks in defense but P.E.R also takes into account the player's +/- for each game in its mathematical formula which makes it more accurate than the other tools,

In reality, defense is far more difficult to measure, because in modern basketball, it rarely is "man to man" any more but it is rather "team defense" where you have been addressed to (primarily) "watch" a player of the opponent, but you back up all other team mates too in their guarding as they do with your guarding...

Therefore modern defense depends highly on the coach you are working with too...

Right. You know something without looking. That's hard core trolling right there.

Trolling? You mean that Young was selected this early on his career to be a 1st unit All Star by ...trolls?

In fact I would say that the opposite is true... One denying a 1st unit All-Star's abilities is indeed very hard trolling, which only a man who urgently needs to be examined by a shrink would do...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no tool that can measure more than steals, rebounds and blocks in defense but P.E.R also takes into account the player's +/- for each game in its mathematical formula which makes it more accurate than the other tools,

In reality, defense is far more difficult to measure, because in modern basketball, it rarely is "man to man" any more but it is rather "team defense" where you have been addressed to (primarily) "watch" a player of the opponent, but you back up all other team mates too in their guarding as they do with your guarding...

Therefore modern defense depends highly on the coach you are working with too...

A. There are numerous stats out there to help measure defensive ability.
B. Stats are only guides and not definitive. Which is why your dumb devotion to PER is dumb.
C. Funny how you see nuance when it suits you.

Trolling? You mean that Young was selected this early on his career to be a 1st unit All Star by ...trolls?

In fact I would say that the opposite is true... One denying a 1st unit All-Star's abilities is indeed hard trolling, which only a man who urgently needs to be examined by a shrink would do...

Still waiting on your link to an actual basketball person that ranks Trae Young as a top 5 PG. Pointing to fan driven votes as proof suggests you know even less about basketball than I feared.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @buckalis you seem to be the most knowledgeable nba poster in this board. If you had to guess on this tonight what would u say

miles bridges over / under 14.5 points

bam Abedayo over / under 4.5 assist

serious question. Anyone can chime in

If I had to bet one, I'd go Bam over 4.5. Hawks defense is terrible. Last game against Atlanta he had 11 assists. I figure they'd use him in a very similar way since it worked so well last time.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, do you know what Waivers are? It means that if a team waives you, as the Bucks did with Bender, it means that every single team in the NBA has a chance to pick up his contract. He was on a minimum deal. If any team out there wanted him this season, or going forward, they would have picked him up. But no one wanted him, so that's why he's on basically a try-out with the Warriors on a 10 day contract.

So he was more or so rejected by every other NBA team than vice versa.

Nope! you are wrong in everything you say... You clearly confuse "claiming off waivers" with "being a FA" and end up saying nonsense as usual with you...

Bender's waiving happened (not accidentally) to be at a time where the teams which would be interested in claiming him, had a full roster and therefore didn't have an empty spot or the time to create one while Bender's contract could be claimed and therefore he became a FA...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is....BY FAR...the most reasonable and educated take you have ever had on this message board regarding basketball. Great job.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet one, I'd go Bam over 4.5. Hawks defense is terrible. Last game against Atlanta he had 11 assists. I figure they'd use him in a very similar way since it worked so well last time.
I parlayed them actually on a draft kings promo

bridges has been really good lately over 15 in his last 8 games. And Chicago isn't exactly stellar on d.

I thought the exact same thing on bam though!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope! you are wrong in everything you say... You clearly confuse "claiming off waivers" with "being a FA" and end up saying nonsense as usual with you...

Bender's waiving happened (not accidentally) to be at a time where the teams which would be interested in claiming him had a full roster and therefore didn't have an empty spot or the time to create one while Bender's contract could be claimed and therefore he became a FA...

Warriors had space...yet they didn't claim him. Now he's on a 10 day contract. Try again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably the worst 2 stats there are for determining how good a player is defensively.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors had space...yet they didn't claim him. Now he's on a 10 day contract. Try again.

Because they would go over the tax... They don't go over the tax with a 10-day...

In fact I believe they won't sign him on a regular, but will waive him again on the last day that the books "close" for the season... But they did sign him on a 10-day (and then may extend it to a 2nd 10-day), so that no other team which has some space left can sign him on a regular.

Someday you'll learn...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they would go over the tax... They don't go over the tax with a 10-day...

In fact I believe they won't sign him on a regular, but will waive him again on the last day that the books "close" for the season... But they did sign him on a 10-day (and then may extend it to a 2nd 10-day), so that no other team which has some space left can sign him on a regular.

Someday you'll learn...

Yeah, you're actually right about that. The Warriors intend to run a series of 10 day contracts so they avoid the tax. I thought the salary they would receive back is pro-rated but I think if they take on a waived player they assume the full cap hit.

The Warriors 10 day contracts are basically going to be a series of try-outs for next season. Bender is essentially trying out for the Warriors.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're actually right about that. The Warriors intend to run a series of 10 day contracts so they avoid the tax. I thought the salary they would receive back is pro-rated but I think if they take on a waived player they assume the full cap hit.

The Warriors 10 day contracts are basically going to be a series of try-outs for next season. Bender is essentially trying out for the Warriors.

Actually I'm right on everything I ever told you... Therefore stuff it well in your head...

"There is no chance in a million the Warriors will end up into the lux tax for the 20/21 season... They go back into the tax on the 21/22 season, not a chance in a million before."

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'm right on everything I ever told you... Therefore stuff it well in your head...

"There is no chance in a million the Warriors will end up into the lux tax for the 20/21 season... They go back into the tax on the 21/22 season, not a chance in a million before."

Actually, you're pretty much 99% bullshit.

I just gave you a compliment with your other post. Then I admit to being wrong when you were right. It's not a hard thing to do for a man to admit when he's wrong, but clearly that's not the case with you.. I'm not sure if you were chemically castrated which has you over compensating for your lack of impotency and sparks your incessant need to be right, but it would make sense. You're the poster child for narcissism. Well done.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you're pretty much 99% bullshit.

I just gave you a compliment with your other post. Then I admit to being wrong when you were right. It's not a hard thing to do for a man to admit when he's wrong, but clearly that's not the case with you.. I'm not sure if you were chemically castrated which has you over compensating for your lack of impotency and sparks your incessant need to be right, but it would make sense. You're the poster child for narcissism. Well done.

Still my advise would be to: "stuff it well in your head that there is no chance in a million GSW will be over the tax for the 20/21 season"...

They will use the next season to "meassure themselves" in the new environment which has been formed after "missing" the entire of this season.