• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best two way player in game today. Jayson Tatum. Ceiling ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the worst 2 stats there are for determining how good a player is defensively.

So Chris Paul who's led the league in steals 6 times & is 9 time all defensive team selection (7x 1st team) really isn't that good of a defender? I KNEW IT!!

Wanna fight? :heh:

:trash: (shaken not stirred)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still my advise would be to: "stuff it well in your head that there is no chance in a million GSW will be over the tax for the 20/21 season"...

They will use the next season to "meassure themselves" in the new environment which has been formed after "missing" the entire of this season.

They will definitely be over the tax threshold next season. They aren't trading away Wiggins (unless they can get a total stud back by packaging him with 1-2 firsts), and if they do they will get back a lot of salary. They absolutely will be over the limit, and happily so.

With $441 Million On The Books, How Will The Golden State Warriors Build Around Their Core?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's season is over. He's having shoulder surgery.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will definitely be over the tax threshold next season. They aren't trading away Wiggins (unless they can get a total stud back by packaging him with 1-2 firsts), and if they do they will get back a lot of salary. They absolutely will be over the limit, and happily so.

With $441 Million On The Books, How Will The Golden State Warriors Build Around Their Core?

No they won't... If you take a good look on how their salaries develop for the seasons that follow and when they expire, it's not difficult at all to realize what the best for them is...

Even if they were prepared to lose an enormous amount of capital, the consequences could be fatal for the team's future...

Things are simple in business... you may risk if your chances of being successful are up to 30% or even 25% for the more challenging businessmen... but you never risk with your chances for success being less than 10% and additionally "kill" your future chances if you take the risk...

GSW will draft two rookies both in the upper "ladder" this season, when will they be able to be fully NBA ready?

The environment in the NBA has changed significantly this season and therefore you can't think in past terms, the competition is not as easy as it was back five years ago in order to say "I've won a championship without KD already"...

This said, don't expect Wiggins to be traded during the summer... They will test him and adapt him with the team along with the rookies the best they can, they will "measure themselves" against the competition and at the end they'll move a big contract which possibly will be Wiggins, but could be another too depending on the conclusions Kerr will come up with...

Whatever it will be, be sure it will be the optimum for the team's (short term) future success.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... now his contract is "fair"! No it's not "fair", it's a steal!

"If Bledsoe was truly as valuable as you claim, you would not be throwing him in every possible trade idea you have."

Now that's truly laughable! You know how many clutch combo guards the Bucks have?

We bring Hill (the best 3pt shooter in the entire league this season) and Donte from bench!
Now, obviously we will be starting Donte at 2 for the postseason, but the kid hasn't had even 90 games yet! On him the Bucks have their 3rd All Star next to Giannis and Middleton for both their present and future success and the Bucks additionally have two clutch ballhandlers/playmakers on Giannis and Middleton in their starting roster...

What would the Bucks look for next, is to add the 4th clutch piece in their roster and BB "fulfills the bill" perfect being at the correct age which fits our time table in order to keep contending for as long as Giannis career lasts... We won't have to look for a replacement for at least another six seasons...

Then it's the salary of Bledsoe... he has the 3rd largest contract in the Bucks roster after accepting a long term "team friendly" in order to stay with the Bucks (he said: "Those past two seasons were the most fun in my career and I want to stay here" in the interview after he signed the extension mid-season last year) and therefore can bring buck valuable return, while the Bucks already have enough depth so that they won't miss anything if they replace him...

Bledsoe and Ilyasova add up to nearly 24M for the Bucks next season and if we add the MLE, the Bucks can add 35M of return which will then turn them to an unbeatable super team!

But as I said before:

"Obviously, you are known to be "the smart ass" in here who argues only for arguing purposes, and nothing more or for "prestige among stupid purposes", but it only proves you stupid to do so... You know less than elementary on the game with respect to me and it shows."

You are so full of crap it is hilarious.

You have proven your “knowledge”.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... off course I would! it is the first that all coaches and executives use as a reliable tool too whenever evaluating a player... It doesn't show the whole picture, but it works well and surely better than any other tool they have.

No, it isn’t actually.

Coaches evaluate players on film. They use a variety of efficiency stats to help verify what they see on the tape. But to suggest that coaches and executives focus on PER as a go to stat is just dumb. PER is biased with how it is calculated and it favors bigs and high usage players. The reality is that there are many stats that coaches use and PER really isn’t all that useful.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It measures 2 stats. Blocks and steals. That's it. For some reason, I suspect that you don't see a problem with that.

Right. You know something without looking. That's hard core trolling right there.

He probably thinks that blocks and steals are a good way to measure a player’s defensive ability.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @buckalis you seem to be the most knowledgeable nba poster in this board. If you had to guess on this tonight what would u say

miles bridges over / under 14.5 points

bam Abedayo over / under 4.5 assist

serious question. Anyone can chime in
Great start for bam. Bridges starts 0-4.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't... If you take a good look on how their salaries develop for the seasons that follow and when they expire, it's not difficult at all to realize what the best for them is...

Even if they were prepared to lose an enormous amount of capital, the consequences could be fatal for the team's future...

Things are simple in business... you may risk if your chances of being successful are up to 30% or even 25% for the more challenging businessmen... but you never risk with your chances for success being less than 10% and additionally "kill" your future chances if you take the risk...

GSW will draft two rookies both in the upper "ladder" this season, when will they be able to be fully NBA ready?

The environment in the NBA has changed significantly this season and therefore you can't think in past terms, the competition is not as easy as it was back five years ago in order to say "I've won a championship without KD already"...

This said, don't expect Wiggins to be traded during the summer... They will test him and adapt him with the team along with the rookies the best they can, they will "measure themselves" against the competition and at the end they'll move a big contract which possibly will be Wiggins, but could be another too depending on the conclusions Kerr will come up with...

Whatever it will be, be sure it will be the optimum for the team's (short term) future success.
Too long didn't read
They absolutely will be over the cap next year.
They have almost the whole cap going to just four players next year and they will be keeping them all. It's all there in the article.
Explain how they can get under it
They can't, nor do they want to. You are wrong again.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @buckalis you seem to be the most knowledgeable nba poster in this board. If you had to guess on this tonight what would u say

miles bridges over / under 14.5 points

bam Abedayo over / under 4.5 assist

serious question. Anyone can chime in
Bridges is 6-16 but cha Ching winning parlay. I was gonna tack on Middleton over 20.5 and backed off doh

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too long didn't read
They have almost the whole cap going to just four players next year and they will be keeping them all. It's all there in the article.

He said you could use the trade exception to get under the cap lol. That’s his great idea. Nevermind that it’s not possible.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too long didn't read

Might need to add that one to the Wiggy/buck-Alice thread.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said you could use the trade exception to get under the cap lol. That’s his great idea. Nevermind that it’s not possible.

You are soooo getting a long ass post in which you will be informed that you are a proven deepshit, idiot, moron and troll...

Along with yet another wall of text repeating the same incorrect statements as the 1st one.

I hope your satisfied mister.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Wiggy but at least he was coherent with his capology.

Bucky seems to think that teams are just terrified of the luxury tax and will never pay a luxury tax ever. Which makes sense for a Bucks who only sees things from a Bucks perspective but other teams operate differently.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Wiggy but at least he was coherent with his capology.

Bucky seems to think that teams are just terrified of the luxury tax and will never pay a luxury tax ever. Which makes sense for a Bucks who only sees things from a Bucks perspective but other teams operate differently.

That's why all other teams are inferior to the Bucks and why they are the #1 FA destination in the NBA.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Wiggy[/B] but at least he was coherent with his capology.

I usually do...:D

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Up against the best he simply commanded both ends. How good will this 21 year old become Is he our Larry Bird ?

It feels good

How high do you think ?
Giannis would slap that shit back, what the fuck ****. And i thought i posted dumb shit.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes we forget how good Carmelo was in his younger days.

I'll actually concede your point on shot variety. But that's an issue that has more to do with Anthony and his hard head than it does with his abilities.

Both Melo and Tatum are extremely skilled 3/4 'tweeners... that's why I like the comparison.

What coulda been with Melo... :tsk:... the main thing that held him back from so much more was his unwillingness to change.... (and unwillingness to hustle on D)

last nights highlights of Tatum. Does this kid have any more new shots to show us ? It’s getting effin crazy GMAn. I loved seeing how he attacked Anthony Davis earlier in the week. I don’t think he thinks anyone can guard him