• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best tools NL as voted by the managers

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely surprised they have NW as one of the best defensive second basemen.

magnumo

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely surprised they have NW as one of the best defensive second basemen.

I, too, was surprised to read that.

Living in Virginia, I don't get many opportunities to watch the Pirates (either in person or on TV). However, in those few games I've seen, I noticed that Walker looked pretty good around 2B. His pivots looked smooth, his arm looked good, and his range looked better than I expected. However, I thought that perhaps the small sample I had seen was not typical.

Apparently, he has developed into a pretty good second baseman. I'm reminded that he was voted the best defensive third baseman in the International League two years after the Pirates moved him from catcher to third.

I guess those frequent reports (indicating that Walker is quite an athlete) must be true.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hands are really good, but his range isn't. Although I think he has made more plays in the hole between 2B and 1B in the past month than he has in his entire career with the Pirates. I think he is improving his defense, but I have a hard time believing he will be any better than average in the long run.

He definitely passes the eye test because he is such a fluid baseball player in everything he does; at the plate, on the bases, and in the field.