• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best RB of All Time...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bettis and Franco Harris have pretty good cases to be on this list over Sayers and TD.

If that's what people think then we will add them, that's why I started this thread before just announcing the matchups.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List has been updated. Off TD and Sayers On Franco and Edge.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree with taking Sayers off.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree with taking Sayers off.

He doesn't need to stay off, but seriously look at his numbers, he was a better return guy than running back, this isn't the who could have been best RB of all time playoff. But I will admit i'm not old enough to have seen him play so if people want him back on he will get back on, who to take off?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a guy who played for KC, gave me Vikes hell...

Ed Podolack...damn was that guy good

A quarterback for much of his career at the University of lowa, Podolak made the switch to running back in his rookie year in 1969 and retired as the Chiefs’ all-time leading rusher. Deceptively quick and notoriously hard to arm-tackle, Podolak ground out yardage in slashing bursts, and was surprisingly difficult to catch once he reached the open field. His career was defined by his epic performance in the 1971 AFC Divisional Playoff game, the Chiefs’ heartbreaking 27-24 double-overtime loss to Miami on Christmas Day. Though his team fell, Podolak scored two touchdowns and racked up 350 yards in all-purpose offense, still an NFL postseason record. Famed broadcaster Curt Gowdy repeatedly called it “the greatest one-man performance I’ve ever seen in football.”

Still a NFL playoff record...how's this guy not on a playoff RB list?
:suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a NFL playoff record...how's this guy not on a playoff RB list?

Not being funny but did you ever see Larry Csonka play? I used to have a "Crunch Course" video from Sports Illustrated as a child and he was in it. He looked like one helluva power back. I don't know if he could play today but he was a beast back then.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go Wallace I took off the word playoff...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need to stay off, but seriously look at his numbers, he was a better return guy than running back, this isn't the who could have been best RB of all time playoff. But I will admit i'm not old enough to have seen him play so if people want him back on he will get back on, who to take off?

That's sort of like saying Deion was a better return man than a DB. Sayers was an all-pro RB every year of his career before he tore up his knee.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franco Harris of course should be on that list but I'm a little biased being a psu homer.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being funny but did you ever see Larry Csonka play? I used to have a "Crunch Course" video from Sports Illustrated as a child and he was in it. He looked like one helluva power back. I don't know if he could play today but he was a beast back then.

I believe Csonka and his running back sidekick Jim Kick both played in that 71' playoff game Ed Podolack ran into the record book in...I remember the game. He was a tough sum beotch.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Csonka and his running back sidekick Jim Kick both played in that 71' playoff game Ed Podolack ran into the record book in...I remember the game. He was a tough sum beotch.

I bet that was sweet to watch.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys decide how you want do to this. But he made the the hall of fame for a reason despite only having a short career, and not just for special teams.

Let me just point something out. He had a career average of 5.0 per carry. A guy like Bettis had 3.9. While this shouldn't be the only number used to compare RB's, what is shows is that a guy like Sayers DOMINATED his time period. In my opinion, a guy like Bettis was good, and trudged along for a longer period of time.

If you're looking for career stats, then Bettis is perfect. But if you're looking for dominance, then I say Sayers. I can think of a few better RB's in Bettis' time period: Marcus Allen, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sort of like saying Deion was a better return man than a DB. Sayers was an all-pro RB every year of his career before he tore up his knee.

Actually it's nothing like saying that but okay. You sure in 67 and 68 he was all pro because of his running or could it have had something to do with his kick and punt returning ability? And you might notice I said he could go back on the list if people wanted him back on, who do I take off?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to have turned into everyone thinks im bashing Gale Sayers thread, that's not the case at all, I put him on the list to begin with didn't I?