• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best QB of the 2012 draft class

Which of these QBs would you take?

• Andrew Luck

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Russell Wilson

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Brandon Weeden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirk Cousins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Ryan Tannehill

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not changing the conversation in the slightest. The OP concerned taking ONE QB over the other options. Not ranking them in order. Luck is obviously, clearly, by an easy margin number one in his class. Was selected that way, it remains that way and the gap will only continue to grow as years pass. You've tried to slip Russ in there as the runner up.(Go back a page if you don't remember.) Which is a homer thing to do.

He is if it's a popularity contest. However by ever stat except yardage, not so much. Now before you start to tell me it's because he's on a team with less talent, I get that, but once you have to start to explain why the stats are wrong, it's certainly not clear cut is it?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is if it's a popularity contest. However by ever stat except yardage, not so much. Now before you start to tell me it's because he's on a team with less talent, I get that, but once you have to start to explain why the stats are wrong, it's certainly not clear cut is it?

I haven't mentioned stats. But if reasoning need be involved, the talent surrounding him certainly would be a factor. The Colts aren't very good. The Seahawks most definitely are. Best defense in the NFL, one of the best running backs in the game possibly the most expensive receiving duo in the league...... Indy is inferior in nearly every facet. Aside from the quarterback position.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't mentioned stats. But if reasoning need be involved, the talent surrounding him certainly would be a factor. The Colts aren't very good. The Seahawks most definitely are. Best defense in the NFL, one of the best running backs in the game possibly the most expensive receiving duo in the league...... Indy is inferior in nearly every facet. Aside from the quarterback position.

What? Are you seriously saying Wilson's stats are due to Rice and Harvin? Have you never seen the Seahawks?

Wilson's top three receivers this year are Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Jermaine Kearse. They have a combined salary of $1.45 Million.

And the Seahawks offensive line is certainly worse than the Colts with regard to pass protection, if not overall. Here are SI's numbers based on actual gameplay through Week 15 (last week they published). Notice where Seattle's line is. Yep, they are perfect everywhere.....
:rollseyes:

offensive-line-season1.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Are you seriously saying Wilson's stats are due to Rice and Harvin? Have you never seen the Seahawks?

Wilson's top three receivers this year are Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, and Jermaine Kearse. They have a combined salary of $1.45 Million.

And the Seahawks offensive line is certainly worse than the Colts with regard to pass protection, if not overall. Here are SI's numbers based on actual gameplay through Week 15 (last week they published). Notice where Seattle's line is. Yep, they are perfect everywhere.....
:rollseyes:

offensive-line-season1.jpg
I would have rather not mentioned stats at all. Thought I made that clear. But if you know of a more expensive duo than Rice and Harvin, please let me know. The only stat which seems worth mentioning would be fumbles. Your boy RW stands out in a crowd in that department.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, don't waste your time. Luck was every ones darling when he came out and that hasn't changed. You can bring up that stats favor Wilson, you can argue Wilson has had more success and all your going to get is it's because the Colts have less talent and they do, but if it was Luck on the Seahawks team, believe me they would be talking out of the other side of their mouth. Posters have a man crush on Luck and your not going to change there mind.
Bring up facts like the stats and such favor Wilson and you'll be labeled a homer.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather not mentioned stats at all. Thought I made that clear. But if you know of a more expensive duo than Rice and Harvin, please let me know. The only stat which seems worth mentioning would be fumbles. Your boy RW stands out in a crowd in that department.

Wow. You've come to the fumbles rationale. He's lost eight fumbles in the last two years. Luck has lost seven. Congratulations! You did it! You conclusively proved Andrew Luck is the better statistical quarterback! You solved the great riddle. Sure, Russell might have a yard more per attempt, 500 more rushing yards, four more wins, and a QB rating that's twenty points higher. But you managed to conclusively rebut that with one fumble.

Good job.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the Seahawks having expensive receivers has really helped the passing game. Harvin has barely seen the field, and in the rare instances that rice has played he hasn't been any more productive than Baldwin or Tate. Kearse taking his spot has been almost been a lateral move.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, don't waste your time. Luck was every ones darling when he came out and that hasn't changed. You can bring up that stats favor Wilson, you can argue Wilson has had more success and all your going to get is it's because the Colts have less talent and they do, but if it was Luck on the Seahawks team, believe me they would be talking out of the other side of their mouth. Posters have a man crush on Luck and your not going to change there mind.
Bring up facts like the stats and such favor Wilson and you'll be labeled a homer.

It's been happening here for years. It's just hilarious that after everything I said would happen has come true and Wilson has outplayed Luck so conclusively, people are still in denial.

I get it. Russell could win five Super Bowls and retire with 105 career passer rating, but Luck with no titles and an 80 passer rating will be better because of the "eye test." Despite the fact that no one can ever name any single part of Luck's game that looks better on the eye test.

I love it, though. It's a reminder that perceptions don't matter if you get results. Because despite what the 20 posters here want, Russell's the one who will be fighting for Lombardi Trophy next week.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fumbles are the only stat worth mentioning? Are you serious or just fucking around?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You've come to the fumbles rationale. He's lost eight fumbles in the last two years. Luck has lost seven. Congratulations! You did it! You conclusively proved Andrew Luck is the better statistical quarterback! You solved the great riddle. Sure, Russell might have a yard more per attempt, 500 more rushing yards, four more wins, and a QB rating that's twenty points higher. But you managed to conclusively rebut that with one fumble.

Good job.

You can lump both seasons together if you wish.(seems like a good choice from your angle.) But one was a league leading fumble master, the other cut back on how many times he coughed it up. Which is the goal for any young player, to improve in areas where they were deficient. Now if Wilson doesn't lay it on the ground a dozen times in 2014, I'll give him credit. Like I've given Luck credit over his short career. Coming into the 2012 draft I felt Luck was the most overrated prospect Id ever been forced to listen about. I was wrong. He's the best quarterback to enter the league since Eli's older brother.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fumbles are the only stat worth mentioning? Are you serious or just fucking around?

I've been trolling my ass off since my first post. Luck and Wilson are both Top Ten QBs IMO. A Sqwuak win next weekend and Id prolly have RW at 8. (Lucks #7, but whatever.)I enjoy reading Seattle homer passion though. (I thought the "most expensive combo" portion would get more hate from Smart than it did.). It's fucking everywhere on this site.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not changing the conversation in the slightest. The OP concerned taking ONE QB over the other options. Not ranking them in order. Luck is obviously, clearly, by an easy margin number one in his class. Was selected that way, it remains that way and the gap will only continue to grow as years pass. You've tried to slip Russ in there as the runner up.(Go back a page if you don't remember.) Which is a homer thing to do.

So now you are telling others what they are, and are not, allowed to post on a given topic? :rollseyes:

Every single one of these types of polls that come up most people put up their number one and usually the order they would rate the others. It's called adding to a conversation. I seriously don't need your permission to add to do so. Of course had I made a list that agreed with you, well then it would be more than ok to do so right?

You might have some sort of argument to suggest it is a homer move to add your own QB higher up a list if either: You listed them first when there is enough body of work to suggest that isn't valid, or you listed them second and again there was some body of evidence to suggest there was a more valid choice. Neither is true in this case now is it? I said the only reason Foles isn't second is he has only 13 regular season games and one lost post season game vs 32 regular season games of the other two and both have more post season games plus post season wins. Until he has a bit more work to allow for some growing pains I rate RW above him, but only because of that. Again, you think that's unreasonable? Says a lot more about you than me really.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh oh, now you are going to be labeled a homer for picking more than one and having Wilson #2. :tsk:

I started to put him behind Foles but I need to see more from Foles before feeling comfortable with that opinion.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to put him behind Foles but I need to see more from Foles before feeling comfortable with that opinion.

I said the same thing and got accused of being a homer. I guess you are officially a seahawk fan and a homer now. :whistle:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you are telling others what they are, and are not, allowed to post on a given topic? :rollseyes:

Every single one of these types of polls that come up most people put up their number one and usually the order they would rate the others. It's called adding to a conversation. I seriously don't need your permission to add to do so. Of course had I made a list that agreed with you, well then it would be more than ok to do so right?

You might have some sort of argument to suggest it is a homer move to add your own QB higher up a list if either: You listed them first when there is enough body of work to suggest that isn't valid, or you listed them second and again there was some body of evidence to suggest there was a more valid choice. Neither is true in this case now is it? I said the only reason Foles isn't second is he has only 13 regular season games and one lost post season game vs 32 regular season games of the other two and both have more post season games plus post season wins. Until he has a bit more work to allow for some growing pains I rate RW above him, but only because of that. Again, you think that's unreasonable? Says a lot more about you than me really.
Homer.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck
Wilson
Foles

I haven't seen a lot of Tannehill live, but from what I've seen he's a capable QB. RGIII should prolly get some sort of pass for this season also. So I don't know who Id put third to be honest. Hard time putting Foles there on account of the small sample size.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a lot of Tannehill live, but from what I've seen he's a capable QB. RGIII should prolly get some sort of pass for this season also. So I don't know who Id put third to be honest. Hard time putting Foles there on account of the small sample size.

Griffin didn't play very well this year. Plus he's starting to make me hate him so there's that to consider as well. :)