• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best NBA fan bases ranked by Forbes

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best fan base lists are so meaningless.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the years I've visited several venues.
Bottom line: Fans are much more interested/invested when they have a good team.

Next, even good teams fans will leave early if they know they are beat.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers? Really... their fans didn't exist until Lakers bandwagoners jumped off. The list is a joke for including them.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The factors used:

hometown crowd reach (defined by market researchers Nielsen Scarborough as a percentage of the local population that watched, attended, and/or listened to a game in the last year), 3 years worth of television ratings, 3 years of arena attendance based on capacity reached, 3 years worth of merchandise sales, and social media reach (a combination of Facebook likes and Twitter followers).

3 years? Come on now?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The factors used:

hometown crowd reach (defined by market researchers Nielsen Scarborough as a percentage of the local population that watched, attended, and/or listened to a game in the last year), 3 years worth of television ratings, 3 years of arena attendance based on capacity reached, 3 years worth of merchandise sales, and social media reach (a combination of Facebook likes and Twitter followers).

3 years? Come on now?

Well, that makes a lot more sense. Useless info.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another factor is if that nba team is the only good sports franchise in town

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okc #2? Wtf these fans are head and shoulders better than Heat fans.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criteria is recent interest in the team by local residents.

Of course the best teams are going to be at the top. Die hard fans (like people posting daily on an NBA forum) won't relate... but the fact is that most fans are great fans when their team is good and bad fans when they're not.

- The Lakers and Celtics should be proud of their presence on this list given their last 3 years.
- Can't really see any teams that should be embarrassed for not being in the top 10... maybe Grizzlies or Toronto?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ranking wasted everyone's time by using 3 years merchandising sales and social media.

It was not the MIAMI HEAT. It was LEBRON JAMES who moved the dial singlehandedly.
The same spikes in fandom over the last 3 years would have been the same in whatever city Lebron played in. Miami just happened to benefit from his pick.

MIAMI is not a great sports town at all. It is legendary in that regard.
It does not have great or particularly loyal sports fans.
It is a transplant vibrant cosmopolitan city with so much else to do.
There are just as many transplanted supporters of other teams as diehard locals.

I cannot even blame Miami.
Who the hell wants to be obsessed with the Florida Marlins or Panthers when there is much interesting stuff to do elsewhere in that amazing city.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ranking wasted everyone's time by using 3 years merchandising sales and social media.

It was not the MIAMI HEAT. It was LEBRON JAMES who moved the dial singlehandedly.
The same spikes in fandom over the last 3 years would have been the same in whatever city Lebron played in. Miami just happened to benefit from his pick.

MIAMI is not a great sports town at all. It is legendary in that regard.
It does not have great or particularly loyal sports fans.
It is a transplant vibrant cosmopolitan city with so much else to do.
There are just as many transplanted supporters of other teams as diehard locals.

I cannot even blame Miami.
Who the hell wants to be obsessed with the Florida Marlins or Panthers when there is much interesting stuff to do elsewhere in that amazing city.

It's bad. So many New Yorkers down here. You go to a Dolphins/Jets game it is almost 50/50 sometimes. Back in the 90s with Knick/Heat rivalry it was bad too. I love south Florida, it is where I grew up, will always be loyal to those teams. I used to argue with people about it being a great sports town. Then I actually went to other areas of the country... Boston blew my mind. They had the freaking Red Sox game on at a gas station. I was pumping gas and hearing the Red Sox game. Went to a bar there... it was crazy Sox fans. Miami sucks as a sports town. Saddens me to say. But in Miami's defense, pull the numbers for Miami Heat attendance this year. James is gone, fans aren't.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue isn't 3 years it's that they included "Social Media" as a factor. That's really what makes it largely worthless.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers? Really... their fans didn't exist until Lakers bandwagoners jumped off. The list is a joke for including them.

Sooooo, how's that " Dragic's contract is a done deal" thang working out?

Houston must have an " inside source " that says he wants to return cause they are working awfully hard to reacquire him:bolt:

It takes a lot of heart and a strong stomach to be a Clippers Fan.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Heat fans don't even show up to the game until the 2nd quarter and then leave after the 3rd.

#HeatNation

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo, how's that " Dragic's contract is a done deal" thang working out?

Houston must have an " inside source " that says he wants to return cause they are working awfully hard to reacquire him:bolt:

It takes a lot of heart and a strong stomach to be a Clippers Fan.

Really? Ha. Childish to bring that up. This has nothing to do with Dragic or the Suns. But things are looking good to re-sign him actually so thanks for bringing that up. All the rumors are BS.

Btw- to the true Clippers fans that stuck it out over the years when the Lakers were the dominant team in LA... they have my respect. Big time. I'm talking about all the Lakers fans or casual basketball fans that flipped teams as soon as they went uphill and the Lakers started to decline. You can't deny over that last 3-4 years they have tons of bandwagoners. Nothing wrong with that, every team has em when things are going well.