• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best hoops conference of this season

Best conference in CBB?

• Total voters

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st weekend Tourney games are such a crapshoot

You really cannot judge teams/leagues in the pressure cooker of playing a neutral site 1 game elimination on the first weeked.

There is just too much randomness and craziness in the first weekend.

As a Texas fan watching some dude launch the game winner from behind halfcourt it sucks..but its fun.

You start to see who is actually good by the 2nd weekend.

That little break of the 2nd weekend allows teams to calm down and remember who they were all season.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half right, playing a good tourney but, no, not the best.

So far, you cannot argue against the ACC.

We'll see what the remaining Big 12 teams do.

The SEC really didn't have enough horses to judge.

Big 10 was OK.

Big East was bad.

Pac 12 was horrendous.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Big 10 had a lot of "good/really good" teams, but the only one that looked "great" or like any sort of true contender was Michigan State, and as we saw, there had to be something broken there. Now watch Maryland finally put it all together and go on a run...Indiana has that special senior point guard which helps a lot in March, and a nice freshman big man, but even though their defense has been surprisingly good this season, they're still a jump-shooting team that will get eaten alive by a Kansas (for example). Badgers...still pinching myself that they're rolling. If you look at the last 15 or so games, they've been playing better than Notre Dame, and it wouldn't be a big surprise if they took that one. But NC...would kill 'em. Too many flaws in all 3 teams.

And yes, the ACC is the clear-cut best conference to me, personally, and I would imagine the vast majority who aren't voting for their home conference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best team doesn't always win or play to their potential in a neutral site game with all the marbles on the line, some teams thrive on the motivation and it helps them. But as a whole, the ACC is very strong and so is the Big 12. Big 10 is probably the 3rd best conference no doubt and from there it isn't all that great. I knew the Pac 12 wasn't that good all year and everyone was slobbering over them. I guess we will see how the top teams from the ACC and Big 12 pan out but as a whole it is between those two conference without a doubt.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and as we've seen, it's a TEAM (obviously) and not a conference that's going to win it all. That's why the Big 10 has made so many 4's and finals but hasn't had a winner in a long time. It's pretty loony this year, but you still have to think there are only a few teams that can take the whole thing, and I don't believe any of them play in the Big 10...though Maryland certainly has the talent. And Indy could get hot and just blitz their way through, but...cough*Crean*cough

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC = Best conference

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao....everybody put me on ignore back in February when I told you jokers where the best conference played...and back then....there was only one vote for the acc. Mine bitches. Now go get a job. You guys are stinking up your mothers basement.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post #21 and it will serve you the rest of your lives. Just a little pearl of wisdom.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said B1G. If I am wrong, I am wrong. Not going to switch.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best conference in the regular season and best conference in the NCAA Tourney are two separate things.

Just because a conference is doing better in the tournament doesn't mean they had an overall better year in the regular season. On the opposite end, just because a conference had a lousy season, doesn't mean they are all of a sudden a great conference because a few of their teams win tournament games.

They are two separate arguments, and should be treated as such.

I mean, had Tulsa, Temple, and Cincinnati somehow all made the sweet 16, or elite 8, you wouldn't go around saying that the American is better than the Big 12 or the ACC, would you? No. You simply can't combine the post season play and then use it to justify regular season results.