• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Centerfielder

Best Centerfielder

• Carlos Beltran

• Kenny Lofton

• Andre Dawson

• Richie Ashburn

• Jim Edmonds

• Vada Pinson

• Bernie Williams

• Fred Lynn

• Dale Murphy

• Andrew McCutchen

Results are only viewable after voting.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Puckett was still alive today, that him and Kenny Lofton would go on a double date with Nos and Shane?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Puckett was still alive today, that him and Kenny Lofton would go on a double date with Nos and Shane?

Kirby and Kenny could probably do better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernie...

Over a seven-year span from 1996-2002...

He hit .323/.408/.538, posting a 144 OPS+ in a very heavy offensive environment, as an extremely unlikely steroid-user.

He scored 100+ runs seven times
Drove in 100+ RBI five times
Averaged 80 walks per season
Never once struck out 100 times
Had a 200-hit/100-walk season (extremely rare feat)
Won a batting title (1998)
Won an ALCS MVP (1996)
Won four gold gloves
4 World Series Championships -

Also,...

Yankees WAR leaders (hitters only):
1995 - 1st Bernie Williams, also led in G, PA, H, R, SLG, TB
1996 - 1st Bernie Williams, also led in H, triples, HR, RBI, R, SB, SLG, OPS+, TB
1997 - 1st Bernie Williams led in BA, OBP, OPS+
1998 - Tied for 3rd Jeter, O'Neill, Bernie, led in BA, OBP, SLG, OPS+
1999 - 2nd Jeter, Bernie, led in G-t, RBI, [batted .342]
2000 - 2nd Posada, Bernie, led in doubles-t, triples, HR, RBI, SLG, OPS+, TB
2001 - Tied for 1st B.Williams, also led in 2B, OBP, SLG, OPS+
2002 - 3rd Giambi, Soriano, Bernie, led in BA

He was definitely overshadowed on those Yankee teams. He led in WAR 4 times in 8 years with stacked lineups. Top 2 every year except 2002

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I will take the stat that Lofton prevented 150 more runs than Kirby. GG's doesn't mean as much when you are competiting with Edmonds, Griffey, Torii Hunter and Ichiro at the end of his career...some of the best of all-time. Lofton also played until he was freaking 40 and still had a .299 average and higher OBP. Kirby never even got a chance to hit his after prime stage bc of injuries so his numbers are inflated and other than AVG still aren't outstanding especially for HOF lolzz kinda crazy to think about actually

The fact is there is no way Kirby should have been a 1st ballot guy. The fact is Kirby was just more popular with the fans, he brought a championship to Minny and that's what really got him in the HOF. His numbers aren't HOF worthy. Popularity matters and Lofton was overshadowed by a lot of guys in his decade, especially Griffey, and defensively by a lot of all-time great CF's. Him being a leadoff hitter also hurts him, especially in the popularity.

The fact is Lofton did just as many things great on the baseball field as Kirby and quite possibly more things.

This is just too stupid to give an actual reply too...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just shows how truly clueless you really are.

1. He wasn't a leadoff hitter dipshit it wasn't his job to take a walk, it was he's job to get a hit and move the runners. You do realize Lofton's OBP was .372 compared to Kirby's .360. Lofton was a leadoff hitter, that's not really that great in comparison is it.

Kirby with all those strikeouts never struck out 100 times in a season. Shit, Lofton the leadoff hitter struck out 78 times per 162, Kirby was 88 again that's pretty shitty for that number to be so close.

2. You realize he was only 5'8 right, not a lot of 5'8 guys hitting 40 a year, he hit 20+ six times. He was a line drive hitter.

3. He did not have below average speed he just wasn't a big time base stealer, he was a very good base runner though.

4. This one proves you are talking out your ass again, Dwayne Murphy, Gary Pettis, Devon White, Griffey were all centerfielders in years when Kirby won a gold glove, he even won one in Lofton's first full season. I don't suppose you understand that the gold glove winners don't have to be one from each of center, left & right. Matter of fact the last two years Kirby won a gold glove Devon White & Griffey were the other two winners.

Kirby's fielding % as a centerfielder was .990 while Lofton's was .984. Kirby also had a better arm.

Lofton only won four gold gloves and the last time he won one he was only 29, if he was so good why didn't he win more?

Fact is Lofton was faster, that's it. Kirby was better at literally every other aspect of the game oh and he also lead his team to TWO World Series titles, Lofton ZERO!
I think Lofton stopped winning Gold Gloves in CF cuz Bernie Williams is underrated.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lofton stopped winning Gold Gloves in CF cuz Bernie Williams is underrated.

Well there are three gold gloves available to outfielders so nope that's not it...

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a best all-time? If so I'd say DiMaggio, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle, or even Willie Mays, which I see none of which are on your choices Nos.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a best all-time? If so I'd say DiMaggio, Ty Cobb, Mickey Mantle, or even Willie Mays, which I see none of which are on your choices Nos.

Nope, just from the list. So Kenny :eyebrows: