• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Centerfielder

Best Centerfielder

• Carlos Beltran

• Kenny Lofton

• Andre Dawson

• Richie Ashburn

• Jim Edmonds

• Vada Pinson

• Bernie Williams

• Fred Lynn

• Dale Murphy

• Andrew McCutchen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the ones listed who ya got and why?

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 128,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonds, Beltran and Lofton are all a toss up for me.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran had the better power/speed combo.

I had no clue Andre Dawson was a CF.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran had the better power/speed combo.

I had no clue Andre Dawson was a CF.

Yeah, half of his gold gloves were in center...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly Kenny Lofton. I can get moderate power from elsewhere.

But Dale has the grand total of MVPs all to himself, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernie is the most underrated of the group imo. Being surrounded by greatness didn't do him favors once his career was over.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what you want...Edmonds and Beltran can bring you more power but Lofton had speed and was a more patient hitter, better BB/SO ratio.

So power-speed combo - Beltran
Speed-on base combo - Lofton
Power-on base combo - Edmonds

It's comes down to those 3. I agree with Smitty, Bernie is pretty underrated.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Lynn and Bernie Are both equally under-rated...

Dale murphy probably had the best peak...

Best overall is Beltran

Lofton and Ashburn are the best top of the lineup guys...

If I had to pick one, it would be beltran…

But if I was starting a team, it would probably be Lofton

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all wrong!! The correct answer is Kirby!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all wrong!! The correct answer is Kirby!

Struck out twice as much as he walked ✓
Average power hitter ✓
Below average speed ✓
Awarded Gold Gloves in a time period where there were no great CF defenders ✓

So he was a great hitter, but that's about it. So now I see why he isn't an option lolzzz

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's pretty easily Carlos Beltran.

Switch hitter, with power, speed, and gold glove defense. His average could have been a bit better, but I think he had all the best tools out of everyone here. He was more complete than some of the other players, even though some of the others may have excelled above him in an area or two.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average power hitter ✓
Below average speed ✓

So he was a great hitter, but that's about it. So now I see why he isn't an option lolzzz

This just shows how truly clueless you really are.

1. He wasn't a leadoff hitter dipshit it wasn't his job to take a walk, it was he's job to get a hit and move the runners. You do realize Lofton's OBP was .372 compared to Kirby's .360. Lofton was a leadoff hitter, that's not really that great in comparison is it.

Kirby with all those strikeouts never struck out 100 times in a season. Shit, Lofton the leadoff hitter struck out 78 times per 162, Kirby was 88 again that's pretty shitty for that number to be so close.

2. You realize he was only 5'8 right, not a lot of 5'8 guys hitting 40 a year, he hit 20+ six times. He was a line drive hitter.

3. He did not have below average speed he just wasn't a big time base stealer, he was a very good base runner though.

4. This one proves you are talking out your ass again, Dwayne Murphy, Gary Pettis, Devon White, Griffey were all centerfielders in years when Kirby won a gold glove, he even won one in Lofton's first full season. I don't suppose you understand that the gold glove winners don't have to be one from each of center, left & right. Matter of fact the last two years Kirby won a gold glove Devon White & Griffey were the other two winners.

Kirby's fielding % as a centerfielder was .990 while Lofton's was .984. Kirby also had a better arm.

Lofton only won four gold gloves and the last time he won one he was only 29, if he was so good why didn't he win more?

Fact is Lofton was faster, that's it. Kirby was better at literally every other aspect of the game oh and he also lead his team to TWO World Series titles, Lofton ZERO!

Last edited:

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average power hitter ✓
Below average speed ✓

I mean you can't say he wasn't a good defensive CF lol. I don't care if I was a less competitive era, 6 gold gloves is 6 gold gloves. And he was dominant on Nintendo RBI Baseball

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can't say he wasn't a good defensive CF lol. I don't care if I was a less competitive era, 6 gold gloves is 6 gold gloves. And he was dominant on Nintendo RBI Baseball

Yeah he won them so props to him but I would take other CF's over him that didn't have as many gold gloves...all I'm saying

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just shows how truly clueless you really are.

1. He wasn't a leadoff hitter dipshit it wasn't his job to take a walk, it was he's job to get a hit and move the runners. You do realize Lofton's OBP was .372 compared to Kirby's .360. Lofton was a leadoff hitter, that's not really that great in comparison is it.

Kirby with all those strikeouts never struck out 100 times in a season. Shit, Lofton the leadoff hitter struck out 78 times per 162, Kirby was 88 again that's pretty shitty for that number to be so close.

2. You realize he was only 5'8 right, not a lot of 5'8 guys hitting 40 a year, he hit 20+ six times. He was a line drive hitter.

3. He did not have below average speed he just wasn't a big time base stealer, he was a very good base runner though.

4. This one proves you are talking out your ass again, Dwayne Murphy, Gary Pettis, Devon White, Griffey were all centerfielders in years when Kirby won a gold glove, he even won one in Lofton's first full season. I don't suppose you understand that the gold glove winners don't have to be one from each of center, left & right. Matter of fact the last two years Kirby won a gold glove Devon White & Griffey were the other two winners.

Kirby's fielding % as a centerfielder was .990 while Lofton's was .984. Kirby also had a better arm.

Lofton only won four gold gloves and the last time he won one he was only 29, if he was so good why didn't he win more?

Fact is Lofton was faster, that's it. Kirby was better at literally every other aspect of the game oh and he also lead his team to TWO World Series titles, Lofton ZERO!

Just bc you are leadoff doesn't mean you can't draw walks lol. Terrible argument for the guy. Drove in 100 RBI's 3 times as well...so I guess he isn't great at that either. Like I said great hitter and great defensive guy for his decade but Lofton was one of the best leadoff hitters, one of the best stolen base artists, great at drawing walks (KK/SO ratio)...he was great at more than Kirby and yet Kirby is 1st ballot HOFr.....1st Ballot HOFr. It's really a joke, not saying he isn't a great player but Baines got into the HOF...tells you all you need to know

Enough about stubby fingers...lets talk more about the guys that deserve to be in this poll

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bc you are leadoff doesn't mean you can't draw walks lol. Terrible argument for the guy. Drove in 100 RBI's 3 times as well...so I guess he isn't great at that either. Like I said great hitter and great defensive guy for his decade but Lofton was one of the best leadoff hitters, one of the best stolen base artists, great at drawing walks (KK/SO ratio)...he was great at more than Kirby and yet Kirby is 1st ballot HOFr.....1st Ballot HOFr. It's really a joke, not saying he isn't a great player but Baines got into the HOF...tells you all you need to know

Enough about stubby fingers...lets talk more about the guys that deserve to be in this poll

Yeah, Baines got in and Lofton never will, that really tells ya all you need to know.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he won them so props to him but I would take other CF's over him that didn't have as many gold gloves...all I'm saying

Because you didn't see him play!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I will take the stat that Lofton prevented 150 more runs than Kirby. GG's doesn't mean as much when you are competiting with Edmonds, Griffey, Torii Hunter and Ichiro at the end of his career...some of the best of all-time. Lofton also played until he was freaking 40 and still had a .299 average and higher OBP. Kirby never even got a chance to hit his after prime stage bc of injuries so his numbers are inflated and other than AVG still aren't outstanding especially for HOF lolzz kinda crazy to think about actually

The fact is there is no way Kirby should have been a 1st ballot guy. The fact is Kirby was just more popular with the fans, he brought a championship to Minny and that's what really got him in the HOF. His numbers aren't HOF worthy. Popularity matters and Lofton was overshadowed by a lot of guys in his decade, especially Griffey, and defensively by a lot of all-time great CF's. Him being a leadoff hitter also hurts him, especially in the popularity.

The fact is Lofton did just as many things great on the baseball field as Kirby and quite possibly more things.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I would take Bernie over Kirby...and that really isn't crazy at all.