• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and worst FA signings.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first, those all-white unis Plummer was sporting in that pic were atrocious. My god I hope we don't see those again.

I honestly don't remember Fred Weary. I don't remember Johnny Johnson either... How the hell to you just not show up and get your $3mil??

JTO haha what a POS. Jonas Jennings god what a horrible signing and Langham he used to piss me off. And fuck Lawrence Phillips. I wonder if Clements should be on the worst list...

Good list of best FA signings. Maybe Larry Allen should be there too? You could say Nedney I suppose but maybe it's just best to forget those years.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Clements needs to be on this list. I hated that guy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morton shouldn't be on that list. He was already getting up there in age and he wasn't signed to save the offense. He was there because they had nobody worth a damn and they needed bodies. And fuck the author for talking shit because he got knocked out. I respect any man that goes into a cage or ring to fight. Well, who seriously goes in there to fight...Jose Conseco doesn't count.

Lawrence Phillips...... nothing else needs to be said.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worse,,,broncos and manning,,96 mil and no way of knowing how long manning will play

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All things to considered that's not a horrible bust rate on guys that failed and some I would even call questionable.

JT I wouldn't put on the list because it wasn't like we brought him in for a huge deal to be the future of the franchise. So he pretty much lived up to expectations and it was only because of Martz he played in the first place.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First things first, those all-white unis Plummer was sporting in that pic were atrocious. My god I hope we don't see those again.

I liked those white pants in 94.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More bests: Tony Parrish, Chris Doleman, Roy Barker, Kevin Greene, Marquez Pope, Bart Oates, Brent Jones.

Worst: Owen Pochman, Winfred Tubbs

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More bests: Tony Parrish, Chris Doleman, Roy Barker, Kevin Greene, Marquez Pope, Bart Oates, Brent Jones.

Worst: Owen Pochman, Winfred Tubbs

I also would add Rod Woodson to the best

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[QUOTE=TheNinerMind;1783674]More bests: Tony Parrish, Chris Doleman, Roy Barker, Kevin Greene, Marquez Pope, Bart Oates, Brent Jones.

Worst: Owen Pochman, Winfred Tubbs[/QUOTE]

I would add Matt Millen to the best list but the best overall free agent ever signed by the 49ers was Mike Walter. The guy was an anchor in the middle for some great 49er teams.
Underrated IMO.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Charlie Garner too, he came in and did a good job when the niners needed a RB.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God what a F*ck Up Lawrence Phillips was (is)

Had the talent to be one of the best RB's to ever play the game, but he ended up being the best tackler he would ever face. Even after getting multiple chances in the NFL he still never changed. The guy pulled the same crap in the CFL and basically got kicked out as well. He no sits in the jail for a good chunk of the rest of his life.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
God what a F*ck Up Lawrence Phillips was (is)

Had the talent to be one of the best RB's to ever play the game, but he ended up being the best tackler he would ever face. Even after getting multiple chances in the NFL he still never changed. The guy pulled the same crap in the CFL and basically got kicked out as well. He no sits in the jail for a good chunk of the rest of his life.

its difficult for people (not just players) to make big changes to their character. players can improve with mentoring, HC's with strong leadership skills, and simply maturation. but their character is basically their character, similar to all of us.

this is why you avoid using high draft picks on really bad characters. do your due diligence individually, and avoid the high character risk. using a late pick or maybe even a mid rounder might be worth the gamble, but not high picks.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence Phillips was probably a top five worst signing BEFORE he missed the Williams blitz that ended Steve Young's career. It showed how bare the cupboard was when Young went down, and we didn't really recover from that for nearly a decade.

Given that he DID miss the Williams blitz, he ranks as my least favorite 9er of all time.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walt Harris was a good pick up.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillian was so awful it seemed like he played way more than 6 games. Ramos MacDonald was pretty fucking awful as well. Man those are bad memories.