• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and worst FA signings.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
first, a great list on both ends........lots of quality and lots of utter trash. I will never forget the immortal Johnny Johnson, he was pretty good for AZ. Had totally forgotten we ever signed Mark McMillan and Fred Weary.

But before reading this, I would have sworn Marquez Pope would be there. But not only was he not nearly as bad as these other guys - I mean, the bar for suckage is extremely high here - but he wasn't even really that bad in retrospect.....couple seasons, one good one. Its always strange, how the players that came right after the dynasty didn't seem as good in comparison, they just paled in comparison to the guys they replaced, made them seem worse than they really were.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kevan Barlow and Ahmed Plummer should be on the worst list. imac & I wanted to tar & feather Donahue when he made those stupid signings.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevan Barlow and Ahmed Plummer should be on the worst list. imac & I wanted to tar & feather Donahue when he made those stupid signings.

I was in that camp back in the day. There were at least a dozen posters back then who would have made better football decisions than Donahue was making. I didn't think he'd ever work around football again when he got fired (not even as a commentator).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donahue was maybe walsh's worst signing

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morton shouldn't be on that list. He was already getting up there in age and he wasn't signed to save the offense. He was there because they had nobody worth a damn and they needed bodies. And fuck the author for talking shit because he got knocked out. I respect any man that goes into a cage or ring to fight. Well, who seriously goes in there to fight...Jose Conseco doesn't count.

Lawrence Phillips...... nothing else needs to be said.

dude i was thinking the same thing...he cost steve young his career

jdavidson23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Barlow/Plummer were both drafted by the Niners, so they wouldn't fit on a FA list.