• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great, another story created out of thin air. If Seattle can't afford him, SF can't.

Stupid rumor. SF is in way worse with the cap situation than Seattle right now. As usual, they'll have to go bargin bin hunting for help.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to sportrac, SF is $10M under the 2014 cap and we are $16M under the cap.
As Shark mentioned, SF could sign MB and eat up the rest of their currect cap, but next year they too have some big contracts to look up.
My guess is SF will not sign MB.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to sportrac, SF is $10M under the 2014 cap and we are $16M under the cap.
As Shark mentioned, SF could sign MB and eat up the rest of their currect cap, but next year they too have some big contracts to look up.
My guess is SF will not sign MB.

Cap space aside he doesn't fit their scheme. He is a 4-3 DE and they play a 3-4. Only thing I could see him used as there is a situational pass rusher which they wouldn't pay 8 mil +. Honestly do these so called experts consider stuff like this when they open their mouths or post stuff. Honestly unless they are trying to get hits on there website, this a dumb rumor.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space aside he doesn't fit their scheme. He is a 4-3 DE and they play a 3-4. Only thing I could see him used as there is a situational pass rusher which they wouldn't pay 8 mil +. Honestly do these so called experts consider stuff like this when they open their mouths or post stuff. Honestly unless they are trying to get hits on there website, this a dumb rumor.

Bennett generated an excellent good pass rush inside when the Seahawks slid him to DT on passing downs. He wouldn't be the traditional 3-4 DE but he would be effective in a 3-4.

I don't see the 49ers making a move for him though. They have limited cap space and I don't see them tying up more money on the defensive line when they are already pretty well off at that position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see the 49ers making a move for him though.

I don't either. He'd have to steal Ray MacDonald's spot on the starting lineup to justify the signing, and Ray's still palying great. And they just drafted Tank Carradine 40th overall to be the first guy off the bench.

They also tendered Damarcus Dobbs to a 1.4 million dollar offer, so there's very little room on the roster for another DL.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with kapernick asking for a 20mil per year contract trying to sign michael bennett is probably on the bottom of their priority list

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure the only teams with the ability to even think of paying him that kind of money is maybe the Raiders or another dumpster fire team with money to burn out of desperation and I'm sure even Kaepernick is smart enough not to jump off his gravy train. You will have the pleasure of watching him for years to come. :yahoo:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on NFL Network from Rappoprt that he would be very surprised if the Niners got into the bidding war for Bennett. Rappoport feels the Raiders will be in play. The Raiders do have a ton of money under the cap so I wouldn't be surprised if they over paid for Bennett. Therefore I say goodbye Bennett, enjoy the money because it's going to be a while until your on a team that can contend for a SB.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therefore I say goodbye Bennett, enjoy the money because it's going to be a while until your on a team that can contend for a SB.

He's got a ring. He was a key contributor on one of the best defenses in history. He will always have that.

I don't blame the man for wanting to now get paid. He's got the rest of his life to think about. I'm happy for him. We will miss him on our defense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a ring. He was a key contributor on one of the best defenses in history. He will always have that.

I don't blame the man for wanting to now get paid. He's got the rest of his life to think about. I'm happy for him. We will miss him on our defense.

Yeah but he'll miss playing for a winner… He'll enjoy the big pay day then quickly realize football isn't nearly as fun as it was… it's not like the man is poor right now as it sits OR will be poor if he accepts Seattle's offer which I'm sure is pretty good sized anyway… I really would love to know what we offered him.. It's not like he's gonna struggle financially regardless…

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not gone yet. Let him check the market and if he gets an offer he likes maybe he will give the Seahawks a chance to match it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he has money and is looking for a payday, but i'm sure sitting at home watching the playoffs year after year from the couch will eat at him for the rest of his career if he chooses money over potential championships. Hopefully Bennett will stay and help make history and not watch it from the sidelines.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he has money and is looking for a payday, but i'm sure sitting at home watching the playoffs year after year from the couch will eat at him for the rest of his career if he chooses money over potential championships. Hopefully Bennett will stay and help make history and not watch it from the sidelines.

Well he has a Superbowl ring now and some good memories. Just remember he got released at one time from the Seahawks. Yet fans want him to pass on his one chance at a big payday?

I think if the offers are close he'll be back, if not, then he'll leave. Sounds fair to me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has a Superbowl ring now and some good memories. Just remember he got released at one time from the Seahawks. Yet fans want him to pass on his one chance at a big payday?

I think if the offers are close he'll be back, if not, then he'll leave. Sounds fair to me.

That's a great point. And he just saw Red be shown the door just a couple years removed from getting a contract. These guys cannot afford to be overly loyal to teams that are quick to part ways with them. People act like 2-3 million dollar per year is not that big of a difference, it certainly is when it's your 2-3 million dollars.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Bennett was on this team ( before he got released ) I wanted him to stay so badly. No shocker he was scooped up pretty quick.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This pretty much nails it. agree 100%

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Chicago is making a big play at him..

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Everson Griffin just resigned in Minn for 5/$42 with 20 mil guaranteed. Gotta think Bennett will command at least that much if not more. I was hoping for 5/40 but that is looking doubtful. We may be able to bring in 2 quality D line pieces for that price. I just dont see spending 10mil a year on him but it looks like some team with offer that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Everson Griffin just resigned in Minn for 5/$42 with 20 mil guaranteed. Gotta think Bennett will command at least that much if not more. I was hoping for 5/40 but that is looking doubtful. We may be able to bring in 2 quality D line pieces for that price. I just dont see spending 10mil a year on him but it looks like some team with offer that.

Bennett most likely will be gone… I just don't see Seattle offering something like that considering the money were gonna have to spend to keep our core guy's in the next couple years… If it's all about the dinero for Bennett he's gonna find a bigger deal elsewhere….