• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennett to stand for anthem.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one to be considered 'government', no?
Even if it's not regulated.
Not quite sure where your going with this but does the NFL employ a government person? Are you being vague on purpose because you have no good response?

The Free Speech act covers free speech in public and give you protection when speaking about the government. Private companies can still control your speech while you are employed by them.

By the way the, military has limits on their Free Speech that you don't.

Limits to Free Speech

Article 88 of the UCMJ, 10 U.S.C. 888, makes it a crime for a commissioned military officer to use contemptuous words against the President and Congress, among others. The Department of Defense has also expanded this rule to include all military enlisted personnel (DOD Directive 1344.10).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure where your going with this but does the NFL employ a government person? Are you being vague on purpose because you have no good response?

The Free Speech act covers free speech in public and give you protection when speaking about the government. Private companies can still control your speech while you are employed by them.

By the way the, military has limits on their Free Speech that you don't.

Limits to Free Speech

Article 88 of the UCMJ, 10 U.S.C. 888, makes it a crime for a commissioned military officer to use contemptuous words against the President and Congress, among others. The Department of Defense has also expanded this rule to include all military enlisted personnel (DOD Directive 1344.10).

It was your contention that kneeling for the anthem at a profession sporting event was not government related.
I'm not sure I can help you any further with the comprehension.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was your contention that kneeling for the anthem at a profession sporting event was not government related.
I'm not sure I can help you any further with the comprehension.
It's not government related if done so while done so by private employees.
Again you boss can limit your free speech if he wants too, just like the NFL can limit their employees free speech.

The Astros fired their Assistant GM over something he said. See NO Freedom of Speech there either.