• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennet says no discount for seahawks

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I bet he's gone. Guys got their ring.....now they want $$$$$. You could see this coming a mile away.

I hope not. His stock is at all all-time high, and I hope Seattle's buying. He's in for a huge pay day. I'm thinking a little less than Charles Johnson got.

The bigger question is whether Percy Harvin will be gone or not.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. His stock is at all all-time high, and I hope Seattle's buying. He's in for a huge pay day. I'm thinking a little less than Charles Johnson got.

The bigger question is whether Percy Harvin will be gone or not.

They have to pay Busta Rhymes, Thomas, Bennett, who else?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They have to pay Busta Rhymes, Thomas, Bennett, who else?

HAHAHAHA!!

That's friggn' hilarious 'cause that's what I call him when I watch football w/ a buddy of mine, and I've never heard anyone else call him that. :laugh3:

Guess it's not a big stretch though.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is gonna make a little over a million next year and Crabby will make over 3 million. I'm tweeting that to Sherman every day from here on out.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA!!

That's friggn' hilarious 'cause that's what I call him when I watch football w/ a buddy of mine, and I've never heard anyone else call him that. :laugh3:

Guess it's not a big stretch though.

I saw it immediately. He also looks like an annoying female coworker I have as well. She also flaps her trap with useless info. They were separated at birth, no doubt.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him at all, NFL players don't have guaranteed contracts, their careers are shorter and their average salary is less than their colleagues in the NBA or MLB. He got his ring, why does he need two?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him one bit. He should certainly capitalize on his success and the Seahawks'. Just like in the Jerry McGuire movie, "Show Me The Money."

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nobody should break the bank 4 him. But I can dream Seattle does. Lol!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It basically says that GMs have let the contracts get out of control, though I can't really blame anyone. The best players should get the highest percentage of the money and when they had other needs that reduces the amount. But when you have other teams bidding that have more money, it escalates the cost.

Illustration: There's no reason why Aaron Rodgers needs to be paid 20+ specifically as a number, but he should be the highest paid player on his team, a significant percentage of the cap, and be one of the highest paid QBs, if not the highest. But this can't happen on a competitive market.

It's not Bennett's fault that others have taken the cap and he shouldn't be expected to demand less, when those who are not up for new contracts can keep their higher share, could get more elsewhere, and the NFL has a favorable way to get out of contracts.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bennett played last year on a very reasonable, one-year, prove it contract. He proved it, so I don't blame him for wanting to maximize his pay day.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bennett may not get what he's looking for, though. This pass-rushing class is absolutely stacked. Hardy, Orakpo, Bennett, and Michael Johnson are all very good players in their prime. Then you've got older but still good players in Will Smith, Justin Tuck, Jared Allen, and Antonio Smith. Even Shaun Philips had a nice season this past year. Anthony Spencer might be at the bottom of this list, but even he's a solid starter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bennett may not get what he's looking for, though. This pass-rushing class is absolutely stacked. Hardy, Orakpo, Bennett, and Michael Johnson are all very good players in their prime. Then you've got older but still good players in Will Smith, Justin Tuck, Jared Allen, and Antonio Smith. Even Shaun Philips had a nice season this past year. Anthony Spencer might be at the bottom of this list, but even he's a solid starter.

That's true, but the draft class is one of the weakest in years in the pass-rush department. I don't think those guys bring Bennett's offers down by all that much because a team wouldn't have the alternative option of just getting a great pass rusher in the draft; they're gonna have to pay a lot for a pass rusher regardless.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but the draft class is one of the weakest in years in the pass-rush department. I don't think those guys bring Bennett's offers down by all that much because a team wouldn't have the alternative option of just getting a great pass rusher in the draft; they're gonna have to pay a lot for a pass rusher regardless.

I think Bennett would have to go to a 4-3 team. That might limit his options.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some Seahawks fans are worried about a shoulder issue with Bennett. I really hope they give this guy like 60 million. Seems like the classic buy-high kind of signing.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Seahawks fans are worried about a shoulder issue with Bennett. I really hope they give this guy like 60 million. Seems like the classic buy-high kind of signing.

IF Seattle resigns him, it should be for 2 or at most 3 years. 60 million is kind of out of reach, don't ya think?
If Bennett gets anywhere near 4 yrs 35 million, I'd be a bit upset at our GM.