• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bennet Resigns!!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John-Schneider-WWE-belt.jpg

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about Miller and Rice were both their contracts ended up having a more minimal dead money impact releasing them this year. I think Miller may be back with a restructured deal. This team does need more offensive weapons, not less.

Adding some offensive play-makers through the draft can help to take care of whatever we'd lose by cutting Miller and cost a whole lot less. I think that the prospect of having Harvin healthy all season next year can soften the blow of losing Miller as well. Obviously they don't play the same position, but in terms of overall offensive production, Harvin has the ability to be a much bigger threat than Miller is/was for us. I also think an increased role for Willson and McCoy will help, as they're no slouches offensively themselves. One more thing that can help make the offense better next year is shoring up the offensive line. The better the offensive line is in pass protection, the less often we'd have to keep our tight ends closer to the line to help protect Wilson, which, in turn, would give him more time to make a play and give our receivers more time to get separation. Plenty can be done to make the offense better and if they decide to cut Miller, they can still do all of those things.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about Miller and Rice were both their contracts ended up having a more minimal dead money impact releasing them this year. I think Miller may be back with a restructured deal. This team does need more offensive weapons, not less.
To be fair we already are adding a dynamic weapon in Harvin because I almost dont count him from last year. I think Harvin alone will improve the other skill positions with just presence. I also expect a receiver in the 1st 3 rounds.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to the offseason. Clemons has to be gone at this point though. We have a lot of smaller guys we need to bring back. Thurmond, McDaniels, and Hauschka I think are all without contracts right now. While I would hate to lose Tate, I think we would be ok without him if we go wr with our 1st round pick

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another brilliant aspect of this resigning is that the fact that the Bears are reported to possibly spend all their would-be Bennett money and instead go after Whitner from the niners, mwahahaha

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another brilliant aspect of this resigning is that the fact that the Bears are reported to possibly spend all their would-be Bennett money and instead go after Whitner from the niners, mwahahaha

Got a link to that?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW really? Sub $10M contract? Bennett definitely took a discount. 4 years, less than $30M....wow.

And Seattle gets away with only his first two years guaranteed? Schneider is such a genius.