• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except KD and Kyrie are a package.

And KD is worth 2 max contracts.
I know they signed together but didn’t know they were a “package”. You were bringing amnesty back so I thought we were making up the rules on the fly ha.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they signed together but didn’t know they were a “package”. You were bringing amnesty back so I thought we were making up the rules on the fly ha.

Do you think KD would want Kyrie gone?

I don’t believe that for a second.

And if KD wants Kyrie there, so does Brooklyn brass. Reagardless of how many games he plays.

And now Brooklyn has a way to ensure he can play whenever they want him to.

He is not a bad contract.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if KD wants Kyrie there, so does Brooklyn brass. Reagardless of how many games he plays.

It’s just speculation but I’ve read that KD and Harden are both down on the guy.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can move Harris and Simmons and get back Hield, Barnes, and Halliburton plus whatever filler, I would be pretty happy.

I am at the point on Harris where I would do something like this just to clean out the manure from the stable. I am not sure the trade would improve the team much this season, but it would let us add pieces in the offseason possibly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, in the pressers it sounds like KD is sick of Kryie too. Does he think they win with him playing? Absolutely but that’s the point, he is refusing to play half the games. He can’t be too happy about that. It doesn’t mean they aren’t friends but it doesn’t mean they aren’t a “package”. They are one blowup away from Kyrie forcing his way out….we’ve seen this story before. If KDhad to play with Harden and whatever they can get for Kyrie he isn’t going to leave BKN.
For two reasons: he knows this is on Kyrie and he is the clear #1 on this team. That is what he has wanted, he wanted more credit for a title and his legacy. KD knew the risk of recruiting Kyrie, he isn’t stupid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, in the pressers it sounds like KD is sick of Kryie too. Does he think they win with him playing? Absolutely but that’s the point, he is refusing to play half the games. He can’t be too happy about that. It doesn’t mean they aren’t friends but it doesn’t mean they aren’t a “package”. They are one blowup away from Kyrie forcing his way out….we’ve seen this story before. If KDhad to play with Harden and whatever they can get for Kyrie he isn’t going to leave BKN.
For two reasons: he knows this is on Kyrie and he is the clear #1 on this team. That is what he has wanted, he wanted more credit for a title and his legacy. KD knew the risk of recruiting Kyrie, he isn’t stupid.

Ok, but he said Kyrie was 1 of the 5 worst contracts in basketball. That is how this conversation started.

That isn’t close to being true.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just speculation but I’ve read that KD and Harden are both down on the guy.

Pretty sure Harden is. If memory serves, Kyrie didn't really want Harden there anyway and Harden has said he's open to being traded.

A little tougher to gauge KD. I'm sure KD wants him playing, but he's going to back his friend. KD is probably more annoyed with being asked about Kyrie all the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, he isn't a bad contract

I mean, technically speaking, he is a bad contract because he's being paid a lot of money and not playing up to the value of his contract because he's not playing...technically speaking AD is also a bad contract right now.

We don't really consider them bad contracts because when they do play, it tends to translate to a lot more wins for their teams.

But yeah, a top 5 bad contract...that's just crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, technically speaking, he is a bad contract because he's being paid a lot of money and not playing up to the value of his contract because he's not playing...technically speaking AD is also a bad contract right now.

We don't really consider them bad contracts because when they do play, it tends to translate to a lot more wins for their teams.

But yeah, a top 5 bad contract...that's just crazy.
Ohh I definitely get it. If he were to be the reason they don’t win it all then you have to look at it as a bad contract. If he were to play in the playoffs and/or win a championship then the opposite of course. It’s all about success

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont follow the NBA closely at all, but I don't have any idea what's going on here. From what I see The sixers decided that Simmons sucks, they can't win with him and they don't want him on their team. Likewise Simmons has decided he will not step on the court again for a team that hung him out like that so publicly. Also of note is that he has a huge salary Andis taking up a large chunk of the salary cap.

But then I hear their GM saying that with as good as Embid is playing they might be able to lower their asking price to "only" a package involving a top 40 player and some draft picks.

Wtf?

I can see why nothing has happened yet, but do people really expect that some team is gonna come along and give up a current all star type player PLUS future draft picks just to take a problem off of Philly's hands?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont follow the NBA closely at all, but I don't have any idea what's going on here. From what I see The sixers decided that Simmons sucks, they can't win with him and they don't want him on their team. Likewise Simmons has decided he will not step on the court again for a team that hung him out like that so publicly. Also of note is that he has a huge salary Andis taking up a large chunk of the salary cap.

But then I hear their GM saying that with as good as Embid is playing they might be able to lower their asking price to "only" a package involving a top 40 player and some draft picks.

Wtf?

I can see why nothing has happened yet, but do people really expect that some team is gonna come along and give up a current all star type player PLUS future draft picks just to take a problem off of Philly's hands?
Yes and his name is Daryl Morey.

Houston Rockets Hello GIF by The Ringer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they actually do wait until summer so they can trade Simmons for Harden?

Game almost over.

Nobody beating that Brooklyn team barring injury/moodiness/not wanting to play.
LOL

Simmons and Kyrie -while insanely talented- would be hilarious together.

most teams you kind of are like ---- ehh--- injury/moodiness/not wanting to play is not much of a consideration

that team it would be a HUGE consideration on their prospects.

any day Simmons could show up with a phone in his pocket during practice and Kyrie could decide he wants to visit relatives instead of play basketball.

KD hasnt been the model of health the past couple years either- nor has Kyrie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wtf?

I think they think they will get Lillard in the offseason.

and with how the Blazers are- who knows?

allthough- if they shut down Lillard- and the Blazers get a top pick to make a trade- maybe the Blazers keep him. Its risky

seems like Halliburton, Barnes, Hield, and 2 firsts for Harris, Simmons, Thybulle is everything they could dream of- it gets them out of cap hell. It gets them future picks to deal. IT gets them some major balls shooters around Embiid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Simmons and Kyrie -while insanely talented- would be hilarious together.

most teams you kind of are like ---- ehh--- injury/moodiness/not wanting to play is not much of a consideration

that team it would be a HUGE consideration on their prospects.

any day Simmons could show up with a phone in his pocket during practice and Kyrie could decide he wants to visit relatives instead of play basketball.

KD hasnt been the model of health the past couple years either- nor has Kyrie.

That is true

I do think ceiling for that group is significant higher than the ceiling for the current big 3.

Ben Simmons on his game is just about the perfect player to put with KD and Kyrie.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wtf?

I get you don’t watch the NBA much. Ben Simmons is a 3 time all star and a top 25-30 player. He’s one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. Last season he assisted on more 3s than anyone else in the league. And he is young and still has a ton of upside. He’s still about 2-3 years away from starting his prime. That’s really not a big ask.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you don’t watch the NBA much. Ben Simmons is a 3 time all star and a top 25-30 player. He’s one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. Last season he assisted on more 3s than anyone else in the league. And he is young and still has a ton of upside. He’s still about 2-3 years away from starting his prime. That’s really not a big ask.
Trading a top 25-30 player for a top 40 player that fits your team better sounds like a reasoble straight up trade.
Trading a top 25-30 player who you publicly don't want, and who won't play for you for a top 40 player straight up would be lucky and a great trade for you.
Trading a top 25-30 player who you publicly don't want, and who won't play for you for a top 40 player and asking the other team to throw in some draft picks too is a freaking pipe dream and while I'm sure your team wants it I can't see any other team thinking that's the right move.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading a top 25-30 player for a top 40 player that fits your team better sounds like a reasoble straight up trade.
Trading a top 25-30 player who you publicly don't want, and who won't play for you for a top 40 player straight up would be lucky and a great trade for you.
Trading a top 25-30 player who you publicly don't want, and who won't play for you for a top 40 player and asking the other team to throw in some draft picks too is a freaking pipe dream and while I'm sure your team wants it I can't see any other team thinking that's the right move.
The Sixers control him for three more years and like most every summer there will be players that want to force themselves out to a contender. At that point the Sixers could package Simmons and other assets to get that star. The Sixers are in an odd position. Usually the star wants out and a team goes into a rebuild mode. Simmons is 25. Is not a bad negotiating position to be in. How many other teams that will be bidding for the services of Beal, Dame, Luka, Harden, etc… will be able to bring a package of Simmons plus Maxey or Thybulle and picks? I would say not many. And does that star still want to go to say a Boston if it means Tatum or Brown goes in that deal? If the Sixers get one of those guys with Embiid and Harris they can legitimately compete for a title. They don’t become a contender by “settling” like for instance the Pistons deal or Minnesota deals that have been floated.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers are leaking that they aren't really interested in trading Simmons right now because they want to go after Harden in the offseason and will only do so if they get "blown away" by an offer.

This sounds like more disinformation designed to pump up the price.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers are leaking that they aren't really interested in trading Simmons right now because they want to go after Harden in the offseason and will only do so if they get "blown away" by an offer.

This sounds like more disinformation designed to pump up the price.

It’s quite the risk

Again, if you miss on harden and beal and dame this summer….where do you go