• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very leery of any reports about what any team is looking to do right now. There will be a lot of disinformation thrown out there as the GMs try to maximize the value they are getting.

It's called "the lying season" for a reason. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is never going to Philly. All smoke and mirrors to delay Philly doing anything to get better. I’d bet on this.

That would be savage. Certainly possible with Harden though.

My opinion is that would actually save Philly from making Brooklyn nearly unbeatable. So for Philly’s sake, let’s hope he is messing with them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be savage. Certainly possible with Harden though.

My opinion is that would actually save Philly from making Brooklyn nearly unbeatable. So for Philly’s sake, let’s hope he is messing with them.

Oh man...when they are healthy, the best chance other teams have is that Kyrie is about 50/50 to play and they are bad on defense. If they sent Harden to Philly for Simmons...they'd be replacing a guy who has never been known for defense and appears to be beginning to decline, with an elite level defender who also happens to be an elite passer and is excellent at finishing at the rim.

Philly would essentially be killing off any shot they might have at even making the finals, let alone winning a title.

That team could challenge the 73 win record if Kyrie played at least 60-65 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man...when they are healthy, the best chance other teams have is that Kyrie is about 50/50 to play and they are bad on defense. If they sent Harden to Philly for Simmons...they'd be replacing a guy who has never been known for defense and appears to be beginning to decline, with an elite level defender who also happens to be an elite passer and is excellent at finishing at the rim.

Philly would essentially be killing off any shot they might have at even making the finals, let alone winning a title.

That team could challenge the 73 win record if Kyrie played at least 60-65 games.

I don’t know about 73 wins, but in paper that Simmons fit is ideal.

Kyrie and KD going to miss regular season games and there is always a chance one of them does something weird to sit out the playoffs.

But KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Harris + a bunch of role players is awfully tough to beat.

If they are all playing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about 73 wins, but in paper that Simmons fit is ideal.

Kyrie and KD going to miss regular season games and there is always a chance one of them does something weird to sit out the playoffs.

But KD, Kyrie, Simmons, Harris + a bunch of role players is awfully tough to beat.

If they are all playing.

Well yeah, all of them playing would be key. There is no guarantee that happens, even without injuries. lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am laughing at Shaq's attempts to ride Embiid's jock now. Yesterday Shaq said, "Thank you for dominating," when he interviewed Embiid after the Lakers game, which was weird, like Embiid is really out there thinking about Shaq and Chuck on the floor or something.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am laughing at Shaq's attempts to ride Embiid's jock now. Yesterday Shaq said, "Thank you for dominating," when he interviewed Embiid after the Lakers game, which was weird, like Embiid is really out there thinking about Shaq and Chuck on the floor or something.

Shaq has been critical of Embiid, so has Barkley, for sending too much time outside the paint. Embiid is playing at an MVP level because he's been doing as they have been suggesting for a few years and dominating the paint. So Shaq was pointing that out.

They have had the same criticism of AD when he's played, you just don't hear it as much because you actually have to play to have your play criticized.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq has been critical of Embiid, so has Barkley, for sending too much time outside the paint. Embiid is playing at an MVP level because he's been doing as they have been suggesting for a few years and dominating the paint. So Shaq was pointing that out.

They have had the same criticism of AD when he's played, you just don't hear it as much because you actually have to play to have your play criticized.

Oh I know, but they are acting like Embiid's success is somehow related to their criticism of his play earlier, and I don't think that is true at all. Embiid is dominating because he has been healthy for a long stretch, first and foremost. And because he has gotten smarter about reacting to what defenses to do him, knowing when to pass and when to keep the rock, knowing how to involve teammates and play a two-man game with shooters, etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know, but they are acting like Embiid's success is somehow related to their criticism of his play earlier, and I don't think that is true at all. Embiid is dominating because he has been healthy for a long stretch, first and foremost. And because he has gotten smarter about reacting to what defenses to do him, knowing when to pass and when to keep the rock, knowing how to involve teammates and play a two-man game with shooters, etc.

Really? These guys actually do listen to what respected players have to say. As a big, I'd be willing to bet that Embiid was a Shaq fan. I doubt that Shaq and Barkley's criticism was the sole or even main reason he has started playing like he has, but I'd be willing to bet it was part of it. Why wouldn't he listen to a Hall of Famer who played the same position?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings dropping out of the Simmons Sweepstakes

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that sounds like Sacramento negotiating through the press to me. We shall see. I don't doubt one bit that Morey is asking for too much.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that sounds like Sacramento negotiating through the press to me. We shall see. I don't doubt one bit that Morey is asking for too much.
That’s also a negotiating ploy. If I’m Morey I tell everybody “I’m gonna do it this week” a few days before the deadline and then tell everybody who has expressed interest come with your highest and best because we’re making a decision. And if you don’t like highest and best you wait until the summer.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, either nothing is going to happen or...something may be about to happen, with someone meeting someone halfway.