• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers are leaking that they aren't really interested in trading Simmons right now because they want to go after Harden in the offseason and will only do so if they get "blown away" by an offer.

This sounds like more disinformation designed to pump up the price.
Agreed. Experience has taught me to look at this kind of a leak and say to myself that it’s more likely in my mind that they might actually do something now. It’s their way of getting that last little bit from whomever they’re zeroed in on with talks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s quite the risk

Again, if you miss on harden and beal and dame this summer….where do you go

I don't want Dame. Way too much of a risk that he will never be the player he was.

I can't imagine that Morey is really willing to roll the dice on Harden like that. He will have no leverage and the Nets, if they decide to trade him, will demand a king's ransom.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s quite the risk

Again, if you miss on harden and beal and dame this summer….where do you go
Back to one of these other deals where the Sixers will get role players and picks. Little risk in waiting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Dame. Way too much of a risk that he will never be the player he was.

I can't imagine that Morey is really willing to roll the dice on Harden like that. He will have no leverage and the Nets, if they decide to trade him, will demand a king's ransom.
In the end, Simmons to Nets may actually harm the Sixers long term goal because Simmons could actually enhance their team in a way Harden can’t.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The abdomin thing is a non issue imo

Lowry and jrue holiday both had this and came back fine.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The abdomin thing is a non issue imo

Lowry and jrue holiday both had this and came back fine.

It's more his age than the abdomen. 32 year old small athletic guards don't usually age well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more his age than the abdomen. 32 year old small athletic guards don't usually age well.

The latter is fair for sure

Plus bad fit with curry

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, Simmons to Nets may actually harm the Sixers long term goal because Simmons could actually enhance their team in a way Harden can’t.

I think brook should take it, this summer

You can’t try and integrate on the fly mid year

But getting younger and cheaper might let them keep slim reaper jr as well

Which they need

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also don’t think Philly can concern itself with that too much. It needs to do what’s best for them and let the chips fall where they may.

Not like KD and kyrie have been super durable so one bad break and you guys could move on be the bucks

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacto about to panic...watch

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly needs to seriously consider a trade with Sacramento if they can unload Simmons and Harris and their huge salaries, and get some valuable assets and picks in return. Harris has been playing better of late, which may help them unload him, but he remains a pretty mediocre performer IMO.

The concerns about wasting Embiid's prime sadly look to be spot on. He is playing at an MVP level right now but the team around him is just not very good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly needs to seriously consider a trade with Sacramento if they can unload Simmons and Harris and their huge salaries, and get some valuable assets and picks in return. Harris has been playing better of late, which may help them unload him, but he remains a pretty mediocre performer IMO.

The concerns about wasting Embiid's prime sadly look to be spot on. He is playing at an MVP level right now but the team around him is just not very good.
Agree but something tells me Morey is shooting for the moon and wants to wait till the offseason for a Harden deal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but something tells me Morey is shooting for the moon and wants to wait till the offseason for a Harden deal

And he still might get it

But he wasted two prime embiid years to do it

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is never going to Philly. All smoke and mirrors to delay Philly doing anything to get better. I’d bet on this.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of smoke out there on all of this and it is hard to know what to believe. I frankly think Harden is overrated now anyway. He is not as good as he used to be.

Harden can reportedly opt out of his deal in the offseason, but I am not sure he is worth the huge max contract he seems to be angling for now that he is 32 years old.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of smoke out there on all of this and it is hard to know what to believe. I frankly think Harden is overrated now anyway. He is not as good as he used to be.

Harden can reportedly opt out of his deal in the offseason, but I am not sure he is worth the huge max contract he seems to be angling for now that he is 32 years old.

I would be very leery of any reports about what any team is looking to do right now. There will be a lot of disinformation thrown out there as the GMs try to maximize the value they are getting.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. There are also reports being planted by agents in addition to teams. Most of what Shams and Woj report comes from the super agents, for example. I think the recent Shams report on Simmons is likely an attempt by someone, either the Simmons camp or Morey, to save face by saying they are waiting which is why nothing is going to happen on Simmons before the trade deadline.