• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some more details, and context:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t the term “pay cut” misleading though if they up the bonuses?
Yup, I'm still skeptical on this.

He did what they want of lowering the cap hit this year, but there is still plenty of mystery for what happens in future years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have to move up to get him. He's been projected as high as #6 to the Eagles lately.
Dear god no. The not so good analysts and media folk have him high. The ones ive always looked to, and have uner better track records, are laughing at his stock.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be fooled. As we’ve mentioned before, this restructure is all about spreading out the cap hit. He’s not taking a pay cut. Even if his base pay is less it doesn’t mean they didn’t just roll that change into a bonus to soften the cap hit.
I took what you posted as a pay cut from what he was still owed to 14M.

If it's a restructure that has other years its not really a one year deal.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his 2020 numbers compared to his other seasons, what is the problem? 65 comp%, 3800 yards, 33-10 TD/INT, a 94 QB rating. What is the problem?

Do what it takes to keep this future HOFer around next season.

They do need a speed RB, Conner more of a thumper. Give Ben a guy with some jets he can dump off to. Where is Fast Willie Parker when ya need him?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his 2020 numbers compared to his other seasons, what is the problem? 65 comp%, 3800 yards, 33-10 TD/INT, a 94 QB rating. What is the problem?

Do what it takes to keep this future HOFer around next season.

They do need a speed RB, Conner more of a thumper. Give Ben a guy with some jets he can dump off to. Where is Fast Willie Parker when ya need him?
Ben can still play. Just not at the price he was set for. And not to the level we were accustomed to pre-elbow surgery.

He lost a bit of zip and power. But he can still QB. The team didn't do him ANY favors this year. Constant drops, a garbage O-Line and a nonexistent run game.

Too much of the passing offense was just an extension/replacement for a run game. It was hair pullingly frustrating. And Ben isn't the kind of guy who can bail them out like he used to.

He needs a competent run game, and needs to take a step back in leadership (and a few steps under center).

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben can still play. Just not at the price he was set for. And not to the level we were accustomed to pre-elbow surgery.

He lost a bit of zip and power. But he can still QB. The team didn't do him ANY favors this year. Constant drops, a garbage O-Line and a nonexistent run game.

Too much of the passing offense was just an extension/replacement for a run game. It was hair pullingly frustrating. And Ben isn't the kind of guy who can bail them out like he used to.

He needs a competent run game, and needs to take a step back in leadership (and a few steps under center).
Yep, thats the problem with only looking at the box scorezzz

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't add much to that, you pretty much nailed it. Bottom line is Ben has a couple years left with a few adjustments.

They do need another RB, Conner not the answer.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they aren't starting Ben, they are starting Mason or Dwayne. And they would STILL be paying Ben at least 23 million dollars on the cap.

I like our prospects much better with a declining HOFer than with never was/willbees.

Mason Rudolph does not spark joy.

50f1g4.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same day the Steelers decide to keep BigBen around for the '21 season Baker Mayfield goes to the social medias to say he saw a UFO. Baker Mayfield almost certain he saw a UFO fly over Texas.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they aren't starting Ben, they are starting Mason or Dwayne. And they would STILL be paying Ben at least 23 million dollars on the cap.

I like our prospects much better with a declining HOFer than with never was/willbees.

Mason Rudolph does not spark joy.

50f1g4.jpg
The only positive for Mason over Ben.

Mason gets hot girlfriends.
Ben is not trusted near women's bathrooms.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive for Mason over Ben.

Mason gets hot girlfriends.
Ben is not trusted near women's bathrooms.
Would Mason be able to pull that tail without his status & paychecks though?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear god no. The not so good analysts and media folk have him high. The ones ive always looked to, and have uner better track records, are laughing at his stock.
Oh, I agree. QBs typically do get taken too early though. He may be the hardest one to judge, given his wealth of options at Alabama. How many upcoming and future 1st round picks were on that offense? I'm not sure he's really much more than a borderline starter/backup.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. QBs typically do get taken too early though. He may be the hardest one to judge, given his wealth of options at Alabama. How many upcoming and future 1st round picks were on that offense? I'm not sure he's really much more than a borderline starter/backup.
Exactly! I dunno... that team is flat loaded.... id be curious how many make it to the nfl .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same day the Steelers decide to keep BigBen around for the '21 season Baker Mayfield goes to the social medias to say he saw a UFO. Baker Mayfield almost certain he saw a UFO fly over Texas.
That was just one of those Jewish spaceships armed with lasers to zap those Texan windmills out of service.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't add much to that, you pretty much nailed it. Bottom line is Ben has a couple years left with a few adjustments.

They do need another RB, Conner not the answer.

They still have McFarland who I think deserves increased opportunity.