• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets say you are a betting man.

Is Ben back next year or gone with the wind?
I think he retires.

Just lookin at it from his perspective... Going 1st person here lol

• Team won't allow me back unless I restructure my contract. Which means I extend my contract, whether voided years or not that still means a paycut in guarantees. Which is fucked up given everything that I've given this franchise. But if I don't restructure, then I take a paycut regardless & I don't get to play another year. I could potentially paint myself a villain here with this contract dispute.
  • Coming back for the Steelers almost assuredly means 1 final hoorah, no matter the outcome. So is it really worth it to come back & learn an entirely new offense with a guy I have little experience working with? Who knows how much they'll allow me to factor into the schemes.
  • My O-line is going to be very different. Pouncey retiring takes a lot out of the enjoyment of returning. AVill & Feiler are FAs. Really only DeCastro is the remaining piece that I'm tenured with. Not to mention the nucleus surrounding me is very young & unable to shoulder the weight. If Juju doesn't return then its a cast of very unproven individuals. Who is my RB going to be?
  • All the speculation surrounding my career in decline weighs heavy. If I come back I obviously want to prove the doubters wrong, but how much damage/tarnishing would I do to my career if I fail?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my prediction back on a two to three year deal.
Yep. They'll break the dead hits down to a more digestible number. Ben will get his guarantees, but the majority of the extension will be just restructured dead weight.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me if it was a 2-3 year extension. They'll have to in order to bring that cap hit down to a manageable number.

That long? I was thinking it would be a one year deal. But you know your team a helluva better than I do. Just hope Haskins has learned from his immature mistakes. He has a chance to learn from a 1st ballot HOFer. Not many QB's get that opportunity.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That long? I was thinking it would be a one year deal. But you know your team a helluva better than I do. Just hope Haskins has learned from his immature mistakes. He has a chance to learn from a 1st ballot HOFer. Not many QB's get that opportunity.
No matter what the extension implies, it will only be a 1 year deal with backended dead-weight guaranteed money. In other words, they can cut the contract in 2022 and keep Ben on the dead cap payroll for 2-3 more years lol.

It's all about just getting those dead hits down to a digestible number that doesn't handicap them every offseason after Ben is gone.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rudolph's contract is up in 2022. I wouldn't count on Haskins for much.
He's on a futures contract with zero guarantees... I don't think anyone is counting on him for much. Maybe they transition him to WR if he doesn't even cut it as a scout team QB lol.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna add dummy years to his contract to spread the cap hit out.

And we're gonna have Ben's cap hits on the roster for 3 years after he's actually gone.

Bet on it.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I was thinking after hearing Ben was coming back?

Honest to god. I thought well, we have at least another year before Ben starts saying even more stupid shit every time a mic gets in his face haha. I mean, he does that now... can you imagine when he's bored?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years from now... Ben tells SI he invented the paperclip but Todd Haley bent it into a little ball and hid it in his anus.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I was thinking after hearing Ben was coming back?

Honest to god. I thought well, we have at least another year before Ben starts saying even more stupid shit every time a mic gets in his face haha. I mean, he does that now... can you imagine when he's bored?
He'll try to be a sportscaster, and will be Tony Siragusa bad. And probably just as fat.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ben is actually done. I think he desperately needs a run game, and needs to not be the team focus.
They have to fix the line, have an RB that can get real yardage, and they need to have receivers that can hold onto the ball.

He can be like Peyton Manning in 2015 in Denver where he was more of a hood ornament than playmaker.

Most of all, he needs to take a backseat to Canada and let Canada run his Offense.