• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell to Practice when it's time to play football

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a big deal. You put yourself out there and demand something from an employer. That employer steps up and meets those demands. You show your appreciation and COMMITMENT to that employer by at least showing up. By not showing up I think it says a lot about him as a man. Now, he may still perform on the field but that doesn’t diminish, IMO, what it says about him as a man.

I can appreciate that line of thought, but I'm not sure it really applies for a voluntarily event. At least for me...if he came to the initial OTA (was in shape) and showed his face as a new member of the team and said he was going to continue training the way he has been...I can live with it. If this were camp or a mandatory event, I would feel more like you do.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate that line of thought, but I'm not sure it really applies for a voluntarily event. At least for me...if he came to the initial OTA (was in shape) and showed his face as a new member of the team and said he was going to continue training the way he has been...I can live with it. If this were camp or a mandatory event, I would feel more like you do.
A guy with questionable character. Optional or not. Show up. Actually what I’m sick of is ppl treating athletes like they’re gods. If it was any of our jobs we’d be there. Omg they r pros! They can do what they want! They worked hard ! Get to get paid to do a job they love! Make enough money in two years to set them for along long time even at league minimum. What a pity. Woe for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with questionable character. Optional or not. Show up. Actually what I’m sick of is ppl treating athletes like they’re gods. If it was any of our jobs we’d be there. Omg they r pros! They can do what they want! They worked hard ! Get to get paid to do a job they love! Make enough money in two years to set them for along long time even at league minimum. What a pity. Woe for them.

Again I can respect your thoughts too. If he never showed at all...I would have some issue being a new member of the team and a high profile one at that. If that wasn't the case I'm not concerned.

$...it's not as gravy was you think on the bottom end....really good money, but after taxes, the agent and the lifestyle of a pro athlete is not like ours....if you only get one contract most of these guys need jobs rather quickly after the NFL checks stop, maybe 2 yrs float money is it, if that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I can respect your thoughts too. If he never showed at all...I would have some issue being a new member of the team and a high profile one at that. If that wasn't the case I'm not concerned.

$...it's not as gravy was you think on the bottom end....really good money, but after taxes, the agent and the lifestyle of a pro athlete is not like ours....if you only get one contract most of these guys need jobs rather quickly after the NFL checks stop, maybe 2 yrs float money is it, if that.
Sorry it’s 400k plus , taxes
Like us all. Don’t spend foolish, save, prepare for life later and ur way ahead of all of us. If u get two years at 400+ k and can only survive 2 years , again woe for them. Spend a little wiser. Most of American can make do a year with 10% of that so they should be able to last a bit. Lifestyle is a choice. @ATL96Steeler if you cannot afford your mortgage would you continue to dine out nightly? Or buy lotto tickets? Or take vacations ? Or would u make lifestyle changes? Why is ok for
You to have that issue but not them? When they make more than most

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like us all. Don’t spend foolish, save, prepare for life later and ur way ahead of all of us. If u get two years at 400+ k and can only survive 2 years , again woe for them. Spend a little wiser. Most of American can make do a year with 10% of that so they should be able to last a bit
Seems like the ever person life style goes hand and hand with their income.
So as you make more you tend to collect nice things, some are good investments like a home, some are less good investments, say a new car for a change, maybe even a expensive one, your kids get to do fun things that costs $, your wife gets to buy more and better clothing. At the end your still not far from being broke if you lose your job. What's a lot money is relative to your peers, what seems like a lot for us, isn't for the player making 400, 000 while some are making several million a year. Sure some are better with money then others, but even the ones trying to be smart and invest their money can end up broke as shit.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the ever person life style goes hand and hand with their income.
So as you make more you tend to collect nice things, some are good investments like a home, some are less good investments, say a new car for a change, maybe even a expensive one, your kids get to do fun things that costs $, your wife gets to buy more and better clothing. At the end your still not far from being broke if you lose your job. What's a lot money is relative to your peers, what seems like a lot for us, isn't for the player making 400, 000 while some are making several million a year. Sure some are better with money then others, but even the ones trying to be smart and invest their money can end up broke as shit.
yes they can, but they certainly are making WAY more than enough money

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes they can, but they certainly are making WAY more than enough money
Well I'd say in some countries they think all Americans are making to much since they make pennies. It's all relative my friend.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd say in some countries they think all Americans are making to much since they make pennies. It's all relative my friend.
exactly. We are in america, its the choices they make, the money is there. again. if you couldnt pay your mortgage would you continue to spend frivelously?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like us all. Don’t spend foolish, save, prepare for life later and ur way ahead of all of us. If u get two years at 400+ k and can only survive 2 years , again woe for them. Spend a little wiser. Most of American can make do a year with 10% of that so they should be able to last a bit. Lifestyle is a choice. @ATL96Steeler if you cannot afford your mortgage would you continue to dine out nightly? Or buy lotto tickets? Or take vacations ? Or would u make lifestyle changes? Why is ok for
You to have that issue but not them? When they make more than most

SP...everything you say is right, but there's a reason why many people that win the lottery end up broke. There's no reason to grind on the details to be honest, but the one thing I will say is when a player reaches the NFL...they're no longer like most Americans and I'll leave it at that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP...everything you say is right, but there's a reason why many people that win the lottery end up broke. There's no reason to grind on the details to be honest, but the one thing I will say is when a player reaches the NFL...they're no longer like most Americans and I'll leave it at that.
sorry not trying to be gruff, i definitely came off that way, wasnt intended or directed towards you.. I guess its just my point that its their fault. Lottery winners as well. No one would whine for me if my 100k job and i had no money.:suds:but like you said we'll leave it there

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Criticizing someone for not showing up to a voluntary workout is hilarious

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a reason it isn't called mandatory

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell starting with a dick move.

Reactions: gob

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I forgot, they got to play the Rams..........

giphy.gif

So sorry you failed in the playoffs, I hope it doesn't hurt your dynasty in the making talk

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“It’s voluntary,” Gase said. “[Bell] was here that first week [of offseason workouts], and we got a lot of good information that week to him. He has a pretty good training regimen that he goes through. He knows how to get his body ready for training camp and the regular season.”