• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick and Brady's legacy forever tarnished?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I just don't see it. There's so many variables in football and the game moves so fast... this IMO is kind of a whatever issue. The spygate thing is kind of whatever too. You could hire a random fan to sit in the stands and film it via a phone and do it in private. I dunno.

Tarnish Brady/Belichick? Nah. It's like a corked bat/pine tar. Most people forget or just don't care. To me the only real blemish on someone's career is performance enhancing drugs. You can't tell me the Pats have won all these Super Bowls (and lost 2, 6 total visits) and had the great seasons they've had because someone filmed some signals from the Jets and using balls with 12.2PSI? Give me a break. "Brady put up the #s/rings he did because of 12.2 PSI balls!" Read that aloud and try to keep a straight face.

I think the whole thing is hilarious and I agree a punishment must be issued (at least for Brady not cooperating) but saying this tarnishes what the Pats have done the last 12-13 years is ridiculous.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought.

LaGarrett Blount fumbles:

with New England (including Playoffs) - 1 fumble every 98.3 touches (3 in 295)
with Pittsburgh & Tampa Bay - 1 fumble every 51.8 touches. (10 in 518)

Food for thought.....

Interesting thought.

For most teams if you fumble the ball you will be right back out there on the next series getting an opportunity to fuck up again.

In NE under BB if you fumble the ball you will be riding the pine for 3 weeks or more unless you are a very trusted veteran and even then you are likely to get a reduced role for a bit while you contemplate your carelessness.

Discipline works. It can be uncomfortable for the disciple, but it works.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought.

For most teams if you fumble the ball you will be right back out there on the next series getting an opportunity to fuck up again.

In NE under BB if you fumble the ball you will be riding the pine for 3 weeks or more unless you are a very trusted veteran and even then you are likely to get a reduced role for a bit while you contemplate your carelessness.

Eh I just don't see it. There's so many variables in football and the game moves so fast... this IMO is kind of a whatever issue. The spygate thing is kind of whatever too. You could hire a random fan to sit in the stands and film it via a phone and do it in private. I dunno.

Tarnish Brady/Belichick? Nah. It's like a corked bat/pine tar. Most people forget or just don't care. To me the only real blemish on someone's career is performance enhancing drugs. You can't tell me the Pats have won all these Super Bowls (and lost 2, 6 total visits) and had the great seasons they've had because someone filmed some signals from the Jets and using balls with 12.2PSI? Give me a break. "Brady put up the #s/rings he did because of 12.2 PSI balls!" Read that aloud and try to keep a straight face.

I think the whole thing is hilarious and I agree a punishment must be issued (at least for Brady not cooperating) but saying this tarnishes what the Pats have done the last 12-13 years is ridiculous.

you gave the pats fans a woody . cheaters

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought.

Yeah, sure....

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are missing the point here, and what these forms of cheating intend to achieve.

Things like spygate/filming signals, illegal use of radio signals or deflating footballs is not intended to turn a bad team in a champion, just as in most sports PED's are not sufficient to turn a untalented player in a champion (or even make him competetive). The intention is in helping good teams/contenders gain the advantage to overcome that final hurdle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11221647_10153303158638914_6419093460483168284_n.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Systematic, team sanctioned and supplied steriod abuse

Multiple rules violations

Safe houses where the players could bang hookers and snort up half of Peru.

:eek:
You are in denial Rex. Come back from the dark side.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thought.

Simple fix. Just let a little air out of the ball.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Brady is a great football player and Bellicheck is a great coach, and their multiple rings can't be denied. Yet, I still think the Spygate and Deflategate partially detract from their images, but take away the scandals and they are still a dynamic pair.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to data presented by Warren Sharp, of Sharpfootballanalysis.com, the Patriots have, by a whopping margin, the best fumbles-to-play ratio since the start of the 2007 season, after Brady and Peyton Manning petitioned the league - to allow each team to supply its own footballs.

It's not only a whopping differential over those seasons, but a whopping differential measured against all of the teams in NFL history. After an 0-2 record in wet-weather games at Foxborough in 2006, the Patriots have a 14-1 home record playing in those games since.

Sharp asked a data scientist the chances of all that being coincidence. He was told it would be "like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0000616 probability to win."

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are missing the point here, and what these forms of cheating intend to achieve.

Things like spygate/filming signals, illegal use of radio signals or deflating footballs is not intended to turn a bad team in a champion, just as in most sports PED's are not sufficient to turn a untalented player in a champion (or even make him competetive). The intention is in helping good teams/contenders gain the advantage to overcome that final hurdle.

He should have cooperated. He didn't so now he's paying for it. Simple as that. So much for this so-called legacy that won't follow rules.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and lets not forget the owner of the Ravens influencing the league office to go easy on Ray Rice.

I give Ray credit though for stepping up like a man and admitting his wrong doing. Doesn't make it OK for what he did, but it's the first step to fixing what is wrong. I hope he is forever changed and never falls down in that manner again.:nod:

When it comes to cheating in the NFL there is no legacy. There is only embarrassment and shame.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say Brady's legacy is tainted. When a player gets busted cheating then there is no "legacy" left. Legacy's don't do these things. They simply become "duds" or pretenders.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mess with rules that say NO AIR-PRESSURE mods allowed and you get in trouble...if you are Tom Brady it's okay though...he's special...but not anymore lol....so sorry Mr. Kraft lol.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like this, Tom Brady is a teenager that snuck out of his room when he shouldn't have (SPYGATE). Then you catch him hanging out of his bedroom window trying to sneak out again (DEFLATEGATE). It may not be as egregious but the point is the intent, and the fact that he was trying to break the rules again. Why can't the Patriots just play honest, fair football?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there difference between Alex RodrigueZ' entire career being considered a fraud, and what's gone on with these 2 guys caught cheating their whole careers?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans are slowly but surely changing their feelings toward Brady and the Pats. There is just too much cheating and spying going on and they are not true champions.