• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Behold what will certainly be the greatest show of all time

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played up West for comedic sake. I doubt he really was throwing shit around and walking off all the time in the manner that was shown. But like you said, its been documented in Pealman's book (which the series is based on) and in West's very own book, that he's foul mouthed, abrasive and an asshole.. And West attributed that to him working through depression and trauma from his upbringing
maybe this show will help Lakers fans recover from the depression and trauma of this season! hey yooooooo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this show will help Lakers fans recover from the depression and trauma of this season! hey yooooooo

Nah, I just look at these....

igQdJIZ.jpg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume at some point Jerry West will look better, but so far he can’t be happy with the show

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume at some point Jerry West will look better, but so far he can’t be happy with the show

Well, after last night he may not be much of a part for a while. He's headed for the scout stage of his career.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did score with that chick at the funeral though so that's a plus!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public Service Announcement:

Do NOT let Pat Riley clean up your garage.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This episode actually had me look into the murder of Tark’s boy Weiss. Crazy shit. Murder is still unsolved.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like Brody as Riley. That beak is distracting lol, as is the wig.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like Brody as Riley. That beak is distracting lol, as is the wig.
Yeah he is the worst cast character in the show so far. Jerry West looked a little better in the 3rd show.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Chick Hearn telling Riley that his voice was "faggy".

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked Episode 4 when all the basketball parts kicked in. McKenney coming up with his motion offense was a lot of fun.

Show is really solid so far. They're playing a tad loose with facts (like Riley was already an analyst irl, not the way it is on the show) but I don't mind much. One plot point that I do find annoying is how they are so far basically portraying 19 year old Jeanie Buss as the savior of the Lakers. She's literally come up with all the ideas of the Forum (concerts, Forum Club, Laker Girls) and was the one that convinced her Mom to take on the loan/debt. She's 19. And given every thing I've ever read, she didn't have much involvement with the team until later. During her college years, I think she managed the business side of some low level minor league baseball or tennis club Jerry had but it was very much one of those "Oh, you're Jerry's kid? Sure, we'll help you out" kind of roles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked Episode 4 when all the basketball parts kicked in. McKenney coming up with his motion offense was a lot of fun.

Show is really solid so far. They're playing a tad loose with facts (like Riley was already an analyst irl, not the way it is on the show) but I don't mind much. One plot point that I do find annoying is how they are so far basically portraying 19 year old Jeanie Buss as the savior of the Lakers. She's literally come up with all the ideas of the Forum (concerts, Forum Club, Laker Girls) and was the one that convinced her Mom to take on the loan/debt. She's 19. And given every thing I've ever read, she didn't have much involvement with the team until later. During her college years, I think she managed the business side of some low level minor league baseball or tennis club Jerry had but it was very much one of those "Oh, you're Jerry's kid? Sure, we'll help you out" kind of roles.

It's not like her character is really coming up with anything; she's just translating things into what Jerry likes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked seeing how resistant they were to how McKinney wanted them to play. I also remember hearing about how many times guys got hit in the head by Magic's passes because they were learning that, with him at PG, they had to be looking for the ball at all times. It was good that they didn't leave that out. It was a big part of how they made the offense work.

They're also starting to show how Magic, while always remaining respectful, refused to allow Kareem to be aloof.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like her character is really coming up with anything; she's just translating things into what Jerry likes.

That's how I saw it too. For example, the Laker Girls wasn't her idea. But she was the one who suggested sexier uni's and making them dancers instead of cheerleaders because she knew that's what Jerry would want.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they are starting to evolve the Jerry West character. For a while it looked like it was going to be a hit job. I guess he was just miserable as a coach.