• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beer league...

mbhhofr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you. I refereed beer league hockey for a few years. It brings back memories and I have the scars to also remind me. It's always amazed me that guys, who had to go to work the next day, played the game like there were scouts in the stands ready to offer them an NHL contract. And that reminds me of the guy who played minor pro hockey who would bang guys around like he was still getting paid to play, instead of just getting a couple of beers after the game.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Thank you. I refereed beer league hockey for a few years. It brings back memories and I have the scars to also remind me. It's always amazed me that guys, who had to go to work the next day, played the game like there were scouts in the stands ready to offer them an NHL contract. And that reminds me of the guy who played minor pro hockey who would bang guys around like he was still getting paid to play, instead of just getting a couple of beers after the game.

I ran a team in a stockbroker hockey league for 10+ years.
you want to talk about an overload of testosterone. A lot of these guys lives revolved around one-upping each other. Whether it be trading stocks, playing golf, chasing skirts or playing hockey... competition was insane.
I do admit it got fun when the owners got involved. team #1 gets new jackets, team #2 gets new jerseys, socks and matching pants, team 3 flies in a goalie each week for games. bar bills after the games got up to a couple of thousand bucks per week.... all covered by the boss, to show he's more generous than the other boss. That $20 trophy was worth it's weight in gold each year.
We had team managers hiring personal assistants (so they are 'industry players'), just because they had been drafted in the 3rd round, but didn't want to play in Europe.

the wife never really fell into line with the 'need release before I sleep' thing. She still complains about hockey-glove-hands. :(

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wife never really fell into line with the 'need release before I sleep' thing. She still complains about hockey-glove-hands. :(
face-washing hands are worse than dish-washing hands...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 19-year-old has to keep herself covered from head to toe in protective clothing when she is on the ice.

Tell me more about these advances in safety gear that she has access to!