• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BEARS vs DOLPHINS Week 1 PRE-SEASON THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently moved to Michigan, and Sunday Ticket doesn't cover pre-season games. I have no way of watching this, except online. A few sites gave me a shitty blurry feed for the first quarter, which I dealt with for the first handful of drives... but I just can't tolerate that for 3.5 hours.

Would enjoy reading any of your guys thoughts as you watch the game, so I can keep up to date.

I totally believe pre-season games mean nothing, but hearing about some of the individual performances from the younger guys would be nice. I thought Christian Jones looked good filling some running lanes early on, and Shea looked like he was getting blown off the ball as usual. Ego made a couple of plays, JA got blown off the ball and looked just as slim/skinny as he did last year. Which isn't a good sign, IMO. All I could really gather from my dog shit feed. Wish I could contribute more. lol…

GO BEARS

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked pretty meh. Fins drove 90 some odd yards on their opening drive for a TD.

Bears went 3 and out.

It's preseason.

ilemi provides a decent free stream ftr

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck is Kevin White? I get Jeffrey might have not dressed but you'd think White would be out there (at least with the 3rd string team).

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the heck is Kevin White? I get Jeffrey might have not dressed but you'd think White would be out there (at least with the 3rd string team).

He has a lower leg injury.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently moved to Michigan, and Sunday Ticket doesn't cover pre-season games. I have no way of watching this, except online. A few sites gave me a shitty blurry feed for the first quarter, which I dealt with for the first handful of drives... but I just can't tolerate that for 3.5 hours.

Would enjoy reading any of your guys thoughts as you watch the game, so I can keep up to date.

I totally believe pre-season games mean nothing, but hearing about some of the individual performances from the younger guys would be nice. I thought Christian Jones looked good filling some running lanes early on, and Shea looked like he was getting blown off the ball as usual. Ego made a couple of plays, JA got blown off the ball and looked just as slim/skinny as he did last year. Which isn't a good sign, IMO. All I could really gather from my dog shit feed. Wish I could contribute more. lol…

GO BEARS

I caught a bunch of it on NFL Red Zone only. No way to get it here in NC.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lower leg injury.
Shin splints, its an injury that causes pain in the lower calf when you run. Usually can run for a while, next day is brutal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shin splints, its an injury that causes pain in the lower calf when you run. Usually can run for a while, next day is brutal.

Yah, I know about this. I've gotten it before doing fast walking (knees were beat up from skiing when I was younger). That said, if you walk about 5 mph (used to walk 4.8 miles per hour with steep hills mixed with flat sections) you'll get this for a while. It hurts like a mother just doing fast walking.... running has gotta be worse.

If that's all though, he should be back pretty quickly. I haven't heard of an NFL player getting shin splints for quite some time, but maybe because it's a lower impact injury that can be easily remedied with reduced running, etc. until you work up to longer distances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing to see was everyone was playing hard again. We might be a 8-8 team but I can watch a team that puts out the effort. Run D looks much improved in the middle. Yes it's early so we'll see how it goes.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I were there.......im in Broncos country

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I know about this. I've gotten it before doing fast walking (knees were beat up from skiing when I was younger). That said, if you walk about 5 mph (used to walk 4.8 miles per hour with steep hills mixed with flat sections) you'll get this for a while. It hurts like a mother just doing fast walking.... running has gotta be worse.

If that's all though, he should be back pretty quickly. I haven't heard of an NFL player getting shin splints for quite some time, but maybe because it's a lower impact injury that can be easily remedied with reduced running, etc. until you work up to longer distances.

Yeah, the NBA started using Plantar Fasciitis, which is basically the same thing trying to sound smart. Both are caused by heel spurs, the NBA guys wear the night boot to keep their tendon stretched so it does not tighten over the spur and cause more pain. I guess if they are bad enough they cut in and grind them off. You would just think that this would have shown up in medicals, or maybe they did and thats why he fell to 7.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing to see was everyone was playing hard again. We might be a 8-8 team but I can watch a team that puts out the effort. Run D looks much improved in the middle. Yes it's early so we'll see how it goes.

Save for the first cutback of the game...like, maybe the 3rd rushing attempt in the game...busted it for 30 some odd yards against us.

Sadly looked like the last 2 yrs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the NBA started using Plantar Fasciitis, which is basically the same thing trying to sound smart. Both are caused by heel spurs, the NBA guys wear the night boot to keep their tendon stretched so it does not tighten over the spur and cause more pain. I guess if they are bad enough they cut in and grind them off. You would just think that this would have shown up in medicals, or maybe they did and thats why he fell to 7.

Yah that's what I was thinking. I have heard of runners getting bone spurs in their foot and yah it requires surgery to grind the bone down. Thanks for the info. on the NBA guys though, interesting to know about sports injuries, the impacts, and remedies.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl

C

cubzzzfanincali

They aren't the same injury. Plantar fasciitis is a foot condition, an issue with the connective tissue between your heel and the base of your toes. Shin splints are in your shin, and is basically caused by an imbalance between the muscles in the front and the back of the lower leg. As someone pointed out, it's rare for NFL players with modern conditioning programs. Kind of makes me wonder who the trainer advising him was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard "Shin splints", just shin injury.

Worse that White, I'm afraid, is now they're saying Jeffrey has a strained calf-muscle.

C

cubzzzfanincali

My question is this: did any Bears suffer injuries? I haven't seen anything.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is this: did any Bears suffer injuries? I haven't seen anything.

I haven't heard any from the game. Cutler got fucking planted by Wake, that was not entirely great to see in a preseason game.

But AJ having a calf-strain hurts. Hope it's not a nagging injury all year.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I haven't heard any from the game. Cutler got fucking planted by Wake, that was not entirely great to see in a preseason game.

But AJ having a calf-strain hurts. Hope it's not a nagging injury all year.

was it Bushrod on Wake?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it Bushrod on Wake?

It was fucking Mills. But in fairness, Cutler held the ball way too long. Coverage sack in a way, but it was on Cutler as much as anyone. He backed up, right into him coming full steam. Planted him on his back pretty hard.

Cutler's toughness has never been questioned by me. The rest of his game is fair game, but he is not lacking in the toughness department.

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh that's right Miami uses him that side. Remember this one?