• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Carolina: Week 1 Pre-Season GAME & DISCUSSION THREAD

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts on Preseason 1:

I know the statline looks ok...but Chase Daniel is f*cking terrible. Something about the way he moves in the pocket you know we're f*cked even before the play is finished. If y'all pray, have voodoo magic at your disposal, can scientifically help....I don't care...You need to use these powers to make sure Mitch does not get hurt.

Kwiatkowski looks terrible out there too. Like, we should cut him tomorrow but we won't.

Kickers...Two kickoffs to the 1 yard line? By design to check our kickoff coverage team? I thought these guys had legs? I want touchbacks...more touchbacks...and only touchbacks. I don't trust our ST's until proven otherwise after some of our gaffes last year. Gator boy let me down on the 48 yarder. That kick looked like monkey crap. Interesting how the team reacted to Fry after the 43 yarder...perhaps the locker room prefers him? I see ESPN has some kicker from the Ravens going to us now. That took all of 37 seconds after a single preseason game. LOL. Sigh.

Montgomery. Hot dog I'm ready to slap my knees and grin ear to ear watching that guy. Lookin' good out there. Only downside here is that noodle dick will be comparing him to Jordan Howard every other post for the next decade. So now his success will be bittersweet as it will be tied to endless dumbassery. *tears of unfathomable sadness*

I'm sure there's more...but it's preseason 1...and frankly, preseason doesn't mean much for me other than I have this superstition about our team always having at least 1 win and 1 loss...ie: 1-3, 2-2, 3-1...None of this 4-0 and 0-4 stuff. So do me a solid Bears and get that dub in the next 3.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwiatkowski looks terrible out there too. Like, we should cut him tomorrow but we won't.

The reason why he's worth keeping is because he's smart and lines up well and despite not being the best athlete he tends to end up around the football at the end of every play.

Has special teams ability and while you don't want him starting...in a desperate situation he won't embarrass you in a start.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol wut?

We? You gotta turd in your pocket?

Do you think the Bears brass value your sportshoopla input?

You're delusional bro.

It's showing why you were wrong dumb dumb.

Can't wait to see what kind of year Howard puts up lol. I'm guessing right around 3rd game of the year he loses his starting role? Maybe earlier? Either way, it's going to hilarious how a guy everyone loved in here will inevitably end up riding the bench for the rest of his career.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's showing why you were wrong dumb dumb.

Can't wait to see what kind of year Howard puts up lol. I'm guessing right around 3rd game of the year he loses his starting role? Maybe earlier? Either way, it's going to hilarious how a guy everyone loved in here will inevitably end up riding the bench for the rest of his career.

Hahaha...wut?

Ya, that would be hilarious. In a deranged lunatic sort of way...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts on Preseason 1:

I know the statline looks ok...but Chase Daniel is f*cking terrible. Something about the way he moves in the pocket you know we're f*cked even before the play is finished. If y'all pray, have voodoo magic at your disposal, can scientifically help....I don't care...You need to use these powers to make sure Mitch does not get hurt.

Last year Mitch did get hurt and Chase was fine. He gave us a chance in two road games and we split them. In the game we did lose? Our offense posted 27. While our defense had a rare bad day at the office.

With a backup QB, especially when you have a defense like ours? I really think you want a QB who... A) Knows the system inside and out... B) Won't lose you the game. (The former sort of plays into the latter)

Chase checks both of those boxes in a firm fashion. Backups are backups for a reason - they're not good enough to be starters. The Nick Foles of the world are unicorns. If Daniel had to start for a 3-4 week period. The reality of the situation is that if you can manage 20+ points? With this defense on the other side... you're going to have very good chance at winning.

Pre-season is a pretty poor situation to evaluate veterans as well. Their body of work in the league (even if small) is generally much more reliable. For instance, I don't think any Bears backup has had a worse pre-season than Hoyer did in 2016. Yet, he played very well when he got the call and has been a very good backup for a long time.

Would Chase be capable of quarterbacking this team on a deep playoff run? Ha! Not unless we turn into the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens on the other side of the ball in January. But... backups are there to fill in for short stints. 99% of teams who have lost their starter for the season watched their Lombardi hopes perish in that moment. We would be no different. It's pretty unreasonable to hold your search for a backup to the Nick Foles standard. You'll be looking for a looong time.

Kwiatkoski is very good against the run and rather poor in coverage. That's always been the case and it will never change. He's an unexciting and very average player. However, that makes him a serviceable linebacker. I also don't recall him ever getting hurt and he plays strong on SPT's.