• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Carolina: Week 1 Pre-Season GAME & DISCUSSION THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tad late...

1st half notes:

Montgomery looked good, albeit against backups.

Ian Bunting made a lot of plays out of the TE position.

Piniero misses from 48, Fry makes from 43 (along with hitting a PAT)

RRH manhandling the Carolina 2nd team offensive line

Deon Bush making plays and grabbing a pick

Two first half turnovers forced by the Bears D

Offense had a lethargic 1st quarter, followed by some positives in the 2nd quarter.

10-6 lead at half... now... it's time for the guys fighting for roster spots.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love seeing the defense in the big nickel. That’s kinda trending all over the league but with the way the Bears can rush the passer they can employ it really successfully in my opinion.

Montgomery could be really good. It’s preseason but he showed some slight glances at what he can bring to an offense. Putting a RB of his ability back there will really make defenses have to guess more.

Joey Slye may be in the midst of a tryout for the Bears kicker job. He’s wearing a Panthers uniform but with Graham Gano the Panthers have no need for Slye. Hit a nice 55 yarder and is 2 for 2 overall.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fuck my Forte comparisons, that was based on build. Montgomery will be the difference-maker this year. That, and Roquan Smith. He is going to break out big this year.

Montgomery is going to be a bonafide stud.

Fwiw, our backup d-line is better than many teams' starters.

I think our D will be better this year. Another year of Mack in the system...Smith is gonna blossom into one of the best LBs in the league.

This is the deepest team we've had, arguably in my lifetime.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a "pointless lateral move". Montgomery is so much better than Howard it's not even funny. It's literally night and day. Thank God Howard is gone. We finally have a real running back.

In other news Kerrith Whyte is terrible. I see nothing in this guy at all. He won't last long in this league at least as a RB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a "pointless lateral move". Montgomery is so much better than Howard it's not even funny. It's literally night and day. Thank God Howard is gone. We finally have a real running back.

In other news Kerrith Whyte is terrible. I see nothing in this guy at all. He won't last long in this league at least as a RB.
LOL at your silly ass. We traded Howard at the end of March. Nobody knew we'd get Montgomery.

I admittedly don't follow college ball religiously and knew little of Montgomery.

I do believe he will be much better than Howard. That's not to diminish what Howard accomplished for the Bears. As a Bears fan, you should at least acknowledge and appreciate what he did for the team during bleak times. Lone light for two seasons.

But Montgomery should be the feature back day one IMO.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at your silly ass. We traded Howard at the end of March. Nobody knew we'd get Montgomery.

I admittedly don't follow college ball religiously and knew little of Montgomery.

I do believe he will be much better than Howard. That's not to diminish what Howard accomplished for the Bears. As a Bears fan, you should at least acknowledge and appreciate what he did for the team during bleak times. Lone light for two seasons.

But Montgomery should be the feature back day one IMO.

For an idiot who didn't know much about Montgomery or knows how to evaluate a player, you sure were vocal about him when we drafted him. It's easy being opinionated AFTER the fact.

Keep hanging onto that Howard dream, don't ever let it go. Moron.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For an idiot who didn't know much about Montgomery or knows how to evaluate a player, you sure were vocal about him when we drafted him. It's easy being opinionated AFTER the fact.

Keep hanging onto that Howard dream, don't ever let it go. Moron.
No. No I was not. I made a simple statement. You change sentiments AFTER the fact.

I felt at the time, with limited picks, that trading Howard immediately made RB a high- need position, and thus necessitated drafting RB early in a draft where we didn't start picking until the 3rd rd. I just didn't think it was our biggest need, particularly with a year still left on Howard's rookie contract.

There is nothing unreasonable or unnecessarily vocal about that sentiment.

Fuck off with your awkward boner for me.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No I was not. I made a simple statement. You change sentiments AFTER the fact.

I felt at the time, with limited picks, that trading Howard immediately made RB a high- need position, and thus necessitated drafting RB early in a draft where we didn't start picking until the 3rd rd. I just didn't think it was our biggest need, particularly with a year still left on Howard's rookie contract.

There is nothing unreasonable or unnecessarily vocal about that sentiment.

Fuck off with your awkward boner for me.

Yeah and what would of happened had we listened to your peabrain and kept Howard? Oh yeah, no Montgomery and the shit continues to hit the fan that Howard is nothing special. Which you STILL haven't figured out. Fucking idiot.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the preseason games thread?

Highlights from the Patriots' 31-3 win over the Lions in preseason | NBC Sports Boston

By NBC Sports Boston Staff August 08, 2019 10:30 PM
August 08, 2019 11:25 PM

10 takeaways from Patriots vs Lions: Jarrett Stidham hits the ground running

Jarrett Stidham came as advertised Thursday night in his NFL preseason debut. The rookie from Auburn, taken in the fourth round in April showed every bit of the ARM TALENT that made him the reigning best arm in the draft. He had the cleanest of pockets to throw from and his receivers were loping unmolested through the secondary most of the time but you can’t downgrade Stidham for that. What was given to him, he took and bit clean off. Stidham was 14 for 24, with 179 yards and a touchdown. It could have been more.

ap_19221031949546_0.jpg

Highlights: Pats dominate in preseason opener

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty look ok against third stringers. I'm rooting for the kid but he looked slow and is not smart enough to avoid big hits. One thing about Forte is no one ever got a big shot on him. Someone needs to explain to monty that being on the field is important and he can't fight his way thru this league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlights from the Patriots' 31-3 win over the Lions in preseason | NBC Sports Boston
By NBC Sports Boston Staff August 08, 2019 10:30 PM
August 08, 2019 11:25 PM

10 takeaways from Patriots vs Lions: Jarrett Stidham hits the ground running

Jarrett Stidham came as advertised Thursday night in his NFL preseason debut. The rookie from Auburn, taken in the fourth round in April showed every bit of the ARM TALENT that made him the reigning best arm in the draft. He had the cleanest of pockets to throw from and his receivers were loping unmolested through the secondary most of the time but you can’t downgrade Stidham for that. What was given to him, he took and bit clean off. Stidham was 14 for 24, with 179 yards and a touchdown. It could have been more.

ap_19221031949546_0.jpg

Highlights: Pats dominate in preseason opener
WTF Who cares what some late round guy did against lowly Det's third stringers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fuck my Forte comparisons, that was based on build. Montgomery will be the difference-maker this year. That, and Roquan Smith. He is going to break out big this year.

Montgomery is going to be a bonafide stud.

Fwiw, our backup d-line is better than many teams' starters.

I think our D will be better this year. Another year of Mack in the system...Smith is gonna blossom into one of the best LBs in the league.

This is the deepest team we've had, arguably in my lifetime.

I agree with everything here besides the Montgomery having a build comparable to Forte. Montgomery is 5'10 and a wrecking ball at 222 pounds. Forte was very tall for a RB at 6'2 and weighed less than Montgomery despite his height at 217 pounds.

Oh, and I just don't see us repeating the amount of turnovers we had last year. Not because we're less talented, but because that's just a statistically anomaly which is unlikely to repeat itself.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and what would of happened had we listened to your peabrain and kept Howard? Oh yeah, no Montgomery and the shit continues to hit the fan that Howard is nothing special. Which you STILL haven't figured out. Fucking idiot.

At what point is this spam? This nonsense floods every thread.

Why are we like the only board without a mod? lol

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the first half. Sorry to have missed Montgomery domination. I told ya he's gonna be gooood.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my goodness @beardown07, what did you do to bs boy to get him lashing out like this? you must've really crushed his pride at some point. . .

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What!?! You don't care what the reigning champions are doing? Shocking!
More importantly I don't care about a game of third stringers. When the kid plays against NFL guys let me know.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol wut?

We? You gotta turd in your pocket?

Do you think the Bears brass value your sportshoopla input?

You're delusional bro.