• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Bears Pre Game Thread:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cutler has never had 2 bad games in a row. So I'm hoping that continues. I think you underestimate our Oline. It's 4/5 different players then last time we met. Our Oline has been good and showing good quality depth. If you get to Cutler he will make mistakes, but so will any QB you get too. Yours included. And we can get after a QB. It's a whole new Dline. SF is favored and should be. Bears were favored last week. It didn't help.

Washington and Detroit back-to-back weren't exactly pretty last year. GB and Saint Louis back in 2013 was a rough span, though they beat STL handily. Minnesota and GB later that year was also pretty bad, and both were losses. He does have a tendency to rebound after bad games, though.

That said, at least statistically, his last game wasn't awful. Though the late INT was pretty devastating.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is the DB's we have covering Chicago's receivers. They did fine against Dez Bryant, but Chicago is deeper with WR's.
WR Josh Morgan currently listed as doubtful. WRs Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall listed as questionable at the moment. I will have to take a look at the Bears' WR depth chart.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington and Detroit back-to-back weren't exactly pretty last year. GB and Saint Louis back in 2013 was a rough span, though they beat STL handily. Minnesota and GB later that year was also pretty bad, and both were losses. He does have a tendency to rebound after bad games, though.

That said, at least statistically, his last game wasn't awful. Though the late INT was pretty devastating.

As I posted above ,Cutler might not have too many targets if those three are out or limited.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run defense was 'suspect' for some obvious reasons. No A. Smith setting edges, no N. Bowman to go after ball carriers. Wilhoite is actually replacing Willis' role, and he simply doesn't have the burst to get to ball carriers. Brooks had a forgettable outing. I. Williams is still rusty, and it showed.

A lot of nickel coverage going on. Also....the Cowboys ran it more than most do....even when they were down big early going, when most teams give up and just go to the air. When they ran it, they seemed to go after Wilhoite. Dallas might have the makings of a good O-line as well.

Put all of these factors together, and it's pretty easy to see the results.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears' WR depth chart includes those three and Santonio Holmes....that's it. Three TEs on their roster might help but they just might have to pull a WR up from the PS.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run defense was 'suspect' for some obvious reasons. No A. Smith setting edges, no N. Bowman to go after ball carriers. Wilhoite is actually replacing Willis' role, and he simply doesn't have the burst to get to ball carriers. Brooks had a forgettable outing. I. Williams is still rusty, and it showed.

A lot of nickel coverage going on. Also....the Cowboys ran it more than most do....even when they were down big early going, when most teams give up and just go to the air. When they ran it, they seemed to go after Wilhoite. Dallas might have the makings of a good O-line as well.

Put all of these factors together, and it's pretty easy to see the results.
I just don't understand why they didn't use Tank at all in that game. Give a couple of snaps in place of Brooks maybe..see how he does against the rush. JMO.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why they didn't use Tank at all in that game. Give a couple of snaps in place of Brooks maybe..see how he does against the rush. JMO.

Heard a report from Matt Maiocco that they preferred to have guys like Dobbs and TJE for Special Teams' play instead of defense-only guys like Carradine and Dial.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks we cant have Tank and Dial out there, I think they would be a significant upgrade to our D Line, TJE and Dobbs have absolutely no pass rush value and are only average at best against the run. Can't we coach those guys up on ST so they can contribute ??? Its mighty frustrating.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team is even bothering with teaching ST's to Carradine and Dial. From what Fangio had been saying earlier in the summer Tank's biggest issue is he isn't disciplined and abandons his responsibilities/gaps. That's a huge no no for a 3-4 defense and I can see why they deactivate Tank if that's still the problem.

Dial is just a numbers game where they know J.Smith and McDonald will rarely come out and there isn't much difference between TJE and Dial except they know they can rely on TJE to stuff his side and TJE can play ST's.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can't see both Marhall and Jeffery sitting this one out, they can sit out practice but still be a go on Sunday. This is what I expect, to see both suit up and go out there. It's gonna be closer and tougher game than some might feel.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49er's 34
Bears 13

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see both Marhall and Jeffery sitting this one out, they can sit out practice but still be a go on Sunday. This is what I expect, to see both suit up and go out there. It's gonna be closer and tougher game than some might feel.
As of recent news there is no call up for replacement WRs so I would agree. We will see how good they will be playing injured against our back up CBs.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully tank is active and it doesnt look like brock will play. The offense must score points and control the clock.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully tank is active and it doesnt look like brock will play. The offense must score points and control the clock.
Tank has been active and Brock will most likely be sitting out this game. The rest of your post is very obvious.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers should be able to move the ball against a Bears defense who had trouble with Buffalo. Opening game in the new stadium at night with fans who should be lubricated with a beer or two. It should be Rock N' especially if the 49ers can jump out to a fast lead. Get the lead and then pound Gore and Hyde down the Bears defensive throats.

On Defense shut down Forte first and then force Cutler to make bad throws. Get into his head and the picks come one by one. Get him frustrated and the Bears house will fall.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap::rockon::whoo::drum::boxing::thrasher: