• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Vs Bucs In Game Thread

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, jeez… I had to stop posting. I couldn't take that first half.

Kudos to the D for sticking with it. Ugly, ugly win.

But… at least this makes Thanksgiving a tiny-weenie-small bit meaningful.

Translation; Brandon Marshall is a POS and he should be burned at the stake!

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears beat the Lions, they'll be right back in the playoff hunt. At least there's an important game coming up, something that seemed unlikely a few weeks ago after those 2 big blowout losses. The Lions aren't playing well right now, so there's a chance. Beat the Lions twice, and the Bears have a chance at a wildcard.

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy are you right. Who in the booth told him to challenge. It was not going to be overturned.
So with the 2:00 warning Lovie would have had that and two time outs. 1st down, 5 seconds, time out, 2nd down 5 seconds, time out. 3rd down, 5 seconds and the Bears run it down to a minute and 10 seconds and punt. But by trying a useless challenge, Lovie leaves his team with 13 seconds.
This is why he was fired and why he is 2-9. He may be good during the week but he checks his brain at the door on game day.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Root for the Giants to beat the Cowboys tonight. That would provide more of an opening towards a wildcard, since the Bears play Dallas. The Cowboys still have to play the Eagles twice, and they play the Colts. It's far from a foregone conclusion that a wildcard is coming from the NFC east. The Bears will have a real chance IF they can beat the Lions. Trestman better have them prepared to play their best game. He really needs to show something as a coach in a big game, to make up for those embarrassing blowouts a few weeks ago. It's time for the Bears to beat a decent team. They've only beaten 1 so far this season, the 49ers.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of Lovie, we decided not to try and score with an 11 point lead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation; Brandon Marshall is a POS and he should be burned at the stake!

You say it's strange that I "speak with so much hatred" for Brandon, etc…

I think it's far stranger that you have such an obsession with my opinion of the man.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Root for the Giants to beat the Cowboys tonight. That would provide more of an opening towards a wildcard, since the Bears play Dallas. The Cowboys still have to play the Eagles twice, and they play the Colts. It's far from a foregone conclusion that a wildcard is coming from the NFC east. The Bears will have a real chance IF they can beat the Lions. Trestman better have them prepared to play their best game. He really needs to show something as a coach in a big game, to make up for those embarrassing blowouts a few weeks ago. It's time for the Bears to beat a decent team. They've only beaten 1 so far this season, the 49ers.

Don't really NEED Dallas to lose. It would help, since we also play them head-to-head and would have a shot to gain even more ground on the field. But we're now down two games to Detroit, and play them twice. We have head-to-head over San Fran, who is 6-4 along with Seattle. They both still play each other twice, and I believe they also still have at least a game with Arizona.

IMO, I don't see Dallas fading. I think only hope is that we can beat Detroit twice, and Seattle/San Fran lose two in the meantime. Seeing that play each other twice, if they split… they'll only have to lose one more.

Seeing the way the team looks, this is all very likely a pipe dream. But in the NFL, I've seen it happen. So, I never give up.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really NEED Dallas to lose. It would help, since we also play them head-to-head and would have a shot to gain even more ground on the field. But we're now down two games to Detroit, and play them twice. We have head-to-head over San Fran, who is 6-4 along with Seattle. They both still play each other twice, and I believe they also still have at least a game with Arizona.

IMO, I don't see Dallas fading. I think only hope is that we can beat Detroit twice, and Seattle/San Fran lose two in the meantime. Seeing that play each other twice, if they split… they'll only have to lose one more.

Seeing the way the team looks, this is all very likely a pipe dream. But in the NFL, I've seen it happen. So, I never give up.

Dallas fading is a yearly event! It's one of the most embarrassing organizations (misnomer) out there with entirely too much talent to wallow in mediocrity year after year with repeated 8-8 records! Jerry Jones needs to fire himself, but like the not so dearly departed Al Davis, it isn't going to happen; only his demise being enough to change it's mindset! :lame: :L :bullshit:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas fading is a yearly event! It's one of the most embarrassing organizations (misnomer) out there with entirely too much talent to wallow in mediocrity year after year with repeated 8-8 records! Jerry Jones needs to fire himself, but like the not so dearly departed Al Davis, it isn't going to happen; only his demise being enough to change it's mindset! :lame: :L :bullshit:

Yeah, but something about this Dallas team seems different to me. IDK… they're very strong up front, and their defense is playing very well. If they stay healthy, I think they win 11 games.

Detroit has a much better chance of fading, IMO... which is also a yearly event. They've had a horse shoe up their ass this year with a couple of their wins. Just an underwhelming team to me. And why they struggle so much offensively is just… odd.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but something about this Dallas team seems different to me. IDK… they're very strong up front, and their defense is playing very well. If they stay healthy, I think they win 11 games.

Detroit has a much better chance of fading, IMO... which is also a yearly event. They've had a horse shoe up their ass this year with a couple of their wins. Just an underwhelming team to me. And why they struggle so much offensively is just… odd.

BOLD- You could say the same about the Bears. SMH.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I'd like to smack that pedderass look offa Trestman's face, I DO NOT MISS LOVIE SMITH, and that stupid fucking expressionless look on his face at all fucking times. :gaah:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

BOLD- You could say the same about the Bears. SMH.

Yeah, but I think we all knew that, and it's kind of a given at 5-6 that we're underwhelming. Detroit is 7-4.

BTW, SF and SEA winning hurt our slim chances today, but they both have tough schedules. Not impossible for them to lose two more, and they play each other twice still. Seattle has SF twice, @ARI and @PHI.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Bears but I think any win forward is false hope. Our offense should have destroyed the Bucs. A win is a win but just seems like false hope

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope is now present for the Chicago bears. However hope is a bitch and could easily ruin your thanksgiving. I choose to still not care because there is no chance the bears pull off a win streak that will carry them into the playoffs. Cutler is still Cutler. And the defense is still a joke. Beating two of the five worst teams in the nfl changes nothing for me.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope is now present for the Chicago bears. However hope is a bitch and could easily ruin your thanksgiving. I choose to still not care because there is no chance the bears pull off a win streak that will carry them into the playoffs. Cutler is still Cutler. And the defense is still a joke. Beating two of the five worst teams in the nfl changes nothing for me.

:agree:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy are you right. Who in the booth told him to challenge. It was not going to be overturned.
So with the 2:00 warning Lovie would have had that and two time outs. 1st down, 5 seconds, time out, 2nd down 5 seconds, time out. 3rd down, 5 seconds and the Bears run it down to a minute and 10 seconds and punt. But by trying a useless challenge, Lovie leaves his team with 13 seconds.
This is why he was fired and why he is 2-9. He may be good during the week but he checks his brain at the door on game day.

This is true, but you can add Trestman to the mix. Wasnt the option at the half to make Tampa rekick with a 15 yard penalty or at least send the offense out for a hail mary?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but you can add Trestman to the mix. Wasnt the option at the half to make Tampa rekick with a 15 yard penalty or at least send the offense out for a hail mary?

It would have given the Bears 15 more years which would have put them at roughly the 33 yard line, I believe.

Not really a hail mary shot. Nothing was going the Bears way, really best to just get the hell out of there and start fresh in the second. Which worked out.