• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Shouldn't Give Up on Fields

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what DJ is smoking,but Im sure he does not know if they are or not,but this just another case where I said this in another thread,a player is not gonna throw another team player under the bus......

Its hard for me to believe,but hey,its his thouhht.....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile...If Jordan Love just plays to the averages, he will end up passing for over 4,000 yards this season...More than any Bears QB in history.

Chicago fandom is pain.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 1 for Justin was complete sabotage and Nagy should be banned from football for it. Season 2 is a tear down and JF1 has nothing to work with and a qb coach/OC is running A Rodgers O. Season 3 The OC is beginning to learn how to call a game, but because the Bears have a high pick everyone wants to hit the RESET! I say no. Trade the carolina pick for draft capitol next year, basically try to do what team did last year, continue to build around JF1 give him the 4th year and if he fails in 2024 then replace the QB and by then the team and coaches will actually be less of the problem and the new guy will have a chance.
Personally after watching the team improve collectively I think JF1/Bears have a better chance to succeed by keeping the group together 1 more year and does anybody really want to start over?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 for 40 (46% CMP) 166 yards 1 TD 2 INT's

It sure seems like the same old shit to me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 1 for Justin was complete sabotage and Nagy should be banned from football for it. Season 2 is a tear down and JF1 has nothing to work with and a qb coach/OC is running A Rodgers O. Season 3 The OC is beginning to learn how to call a game, but because the Bears have a high pick everyone wants to hit the RESET! I say no. Trade the carolina pick for draft capitol next year, basically try to do what team did last year, continue to build around JF1 give him the 4th year and if he fails in 2024 then replace the QB and by then the team and coaches will actually be less of the problem and the new guy will have a chance.
Personally after watching the team improve collectively I think JF1/Bears have a better chance to succeed by keeping the group together 1 more year and does anybody really want to start over?
But... why is Justin bad? I don't care who is around him. He personally is a bad passer and has not improved on his weaknesses over 3 seasons.

He has a game here and there where things fall into place. That's it. It always circles back to square one.

I respect that his teammates like him. I respect what seems to be a strong work ethic and amazing physical traits. However, he's not a good quarterback. He doesn't play the position well on any kind of a consistent basis.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the article. Looking at the fields numbers against cleveland, suppose that douchebag we got from gb could catch? The halftime hail mary bounced off the ground and wasn't a pick and the second hail mary was tossed to a cleveland defender by Mooney who was in position to make the play. The Bears have 1 WR this year, 1 more than they had last year! I would like to see what JF# could do with a legit #2 wr on the team. The team gave Trubisky 4 years and nobody wants to give JF1 who's in a rebuild the same chance? If you guys think Caleb Williams can handle Chicago media ya'll need to think it thru. The kid[CW] will be in the fetal position by game 4 by the time media has their pound of flesh.

Just give JF1 his 4th year.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what DJ is smoking,but Im sure he does not know if they are or not,but this just another case where I said this in another thread,a player is not gonna throw another team player under the bus......

Its hard for me to believe,but hey,its his thouhht.....
Well, in Carolina, he certainly played with a host of worse QB's than Fields. for what it is worth, my guess is he see's something in Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in Carolina, he certainly played with a host of worse QB's than Fields. for what it is worth, my guess is he see's something in Fields.

I like that tjought.....I do.

But Im still gonna take his reyort with a grain of salt.....
THe first tjing of being a team player is never call out your own players,they are taught this from day 1......Maybe DJ does know,but when JF was brought up,hes doing what he is suppose to do and thats to back your team mates......
Thats misconduct and its detrimmental to the team......

Im not saying DJ is,cause I have no idea,,but I never listen to what players have to say about their own teammates to the media......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that tjought.....I do.

But Im still gonna take his reyort with a grain of salt.....
THe first tjing of being a team player is never call out your own players,they are taught this from day 1......Maybe DJ does know,but when JF was brought up,hes doing what he is suppose to do and thats to back your team mates......
Thats misconduct and its detrimmental to the team......

Im not saying DJ is,cause I have no idea,,but I never listen to what players have to say about their own teammates to the media......
Heh... Made me think, in fact Justin might be the BEST qb DJ has every played a game with. Yea, JF is amazing!!! Try playing a game with Walker and Cheek at QB... huh, talk about stinking up the place. >snickers<

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY F*CKING SEASON there's like 10 guys that hit 4,000 yards passing. We spent a butt ton of capital on both Mitch and Justin and neither has even sniffed that kind of production. It's infuriating how bad we are at tossing the pill.

Look...Justin is a nice dude...but can't we just have an actual quarterback once that isn't a never-ending coulda shoulda woulda story? Keep f*cking trying. Even if you told me that Fields was going to play his best ball next season, I would bet the farm he wouldn't hit top ten in passing yardage. That should be that for him as a "franchise quarterback."

But who the f*ck knows what the team does. Lotta "Justin's our guy" chatter. So we wait and see. I would absolutely be amenable to being wrong here, because Justin Fields is exactly the type of personality that I'd love to have as our cornerstone. He's a good dude and I love cheering for him despite the CONSTANT LETDOWNS. In the end, you have to produce.

I understand the team, front office, coaches etc backing Justin. But fans having such a strong passion to defend him is just odd. He has not earned such defense from us outsiders with his play on the field.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I dread most is that they keep Eberflus and Getsy.
I can live with Fields so long as Eberflus and Getsy are gone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I dread most is that they keep Eberflus and Getsy.
I can live with Fields so long as Eberflus and Getsy are gone.
While I would be more than happy for this scenario, I'm guessing Flus is gonna stay, but Getsy's a goner no matter what. That is, unless we gag on these three remaining games, then I can't possibly see Flus surviving either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Fields. Trade #1 for a ton to drop down just a spot or two. Take Harrison. Then take the best OL available with the next pick. Then keep building through the draft. Could have a Heck of a team IMO

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Flus is gonna stay, but Getsy's a goner no matter what
Flus' list of ineptitude is too long to list.
Not being ready week 1 for GB on your home turf was only the beginning.
In 2022 Fields was one of the most dynamic players in the league, but Flus ended that this season.
Historic, statistically unfathomable streaks and losses.
And, isn't it interesting that this recent defensive turnaround coincides with the Montez Sweat acquisition? More Eberflus or Sweat?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Fields. Trade #1 for a ton to drop down just a spot or two. Take Harrison. Then take the best OL available with the next pick. Then keep building through the draft. Could have a Heck of a team IMO
If you can get a first for fields, you might trade him as well and draft a replacement that can grow with MHJ and DJ Moore.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But can a black Poles, replace the leagues shining diamonds (17 black quarterbacks started this year, even though they never said half black for any of them) and replace Fields with Maye? Unanimous decision is Caleb, but have we all seen his losing record against top 25 teams? Have we all missed the Fieldsesque 162 yard average per in those games? All his highlights are against unranked opponents, how many of them are there in the NFL?
That is the choice, and either will always be compared to Fields. I dont know if you even take a flier on a mid to late round guy with what Bagent has done, or have we all seen what he cannot do to be replacing him?

your takes are so awful man

and the race take? why?
Bagent is not a starting qb in this league.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like most everywhere you look,they all think tjis:

the most interesting part of that article was what the gms would trade for him in a vacuum. all said at least a 3rd rounder. To me that spells he's going for a 2nd at least.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your takes are so awful man

and the race take? why?
Bagent is not a starting qb in this league.
its reality man. Why does the NFL whine there are not enough black coaches, but push the fact that this year 17 of the starting quarterbacks were black (giving no credit to any of their white halfs)? Our society riots for convicted felons gopped up on goop. My fault for typing what people show by their actions. Fields is the losingest quarterback over the past three seasons, proves over and over he cannot read a defense, but is defended constantly. He has no receivers, the coaches, the offense, all blaming other reasons other than the fact he still does not understand NFL open.

I guess I was expecting the response, just figured it would have come much sooner, and pretty sure Poles is realizing he may be cancelled if he replaces Fields.