• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears/Seahawks

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, just because I'm married with kids, losing my hair, and up to 250 pounds doesn't mean you need to call me Homer.

Ahem.

No earthly idea why or how you've decided I'm a Kool Aid drinker. I didn't think I'd been posting here long enough to be pigeonholed.

It's all good. I apologize if I offended you.

This is the time of the year we practice on each other before the season begins and the trolls come out of the woodwork... Kinda like our preseason.

I hope we're good.

:suds:

yutch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. I apologize if I offended you.

This is the time of the year we practice on each other before the season begins and the trolls come out of the woodwork... Kinda like our preseason.

I hope we're good.

:suds:

No offense taken; I was just a little bemused. We're all like rams butting heads this of year, getting ready for the season...and heck, I needed to get jumped in.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm not panicking by any means... Just disappointed by the defense. The talent on that side of the ball does not seem to compare favorably to other teams, even if they are playing "vanilla". And no I don't expect them to be at full speed, but neither was Seattle and we all saw what happened. Well, some of us who were not wearing our homer goggles did.

Panicking is a seasonal ritual. I panic every year around early April for two reasons (imminent soon-to-be-blown Bears draft, income tax day), so for me preseason August is a cakewalk.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panicking is a seasonal ritual. I panic every year around early April for two reasons (imminent soon-to-be-blown Bears draft, income tax day), so for me preseason August is a cakewalk.

If only my preseason jitters were so easy! :lol:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Dan Hampton basically tear apart the Seattle game.

"they were only asking for 30 minutes of effort from the starters"

"a game like that, you expect cutler and the big receivers and tight end to at least make a dent when the defense could not stop Seattle"

"cant expect the pro's to just be able to turn it on in september"

"Fencik, mc michael and I found a way to set the pace in practice, make the offense work harder"

"We were 1-3 in preseason the year we won the superbowl, but we were knocking people around the first half of preseason games, the second team was giving up the lead"

Guess a hall of fame tackle sees it the way some of us see it, so hopefully the others that have been ripped by our experts might feel like they at least have someone smart on our side.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess a hall of fame tackle sees it the way some of us see it, so hopefully the others that have been ripped by our experts might feel like they at least have someone smart on our side.

Yea, it is difficult to balance something like this with what Bernie Kozar mentioned about the Defense during the practice he watched. He said that what the Bears were doing on D was very difficult for him as a QB to pick up and will be very tough on QB's in the league. Who knows who's analysis is more valid?

Brad Briggs mentioned Bernie's comments today on "the score" am radio show, listened to it an hour ago at my desk, to reference the comment. They were discussing what to make of the poor performance pre season and Briggs used the Kozar comment as a counter balance.

Last edited by a moderator: